Xbox showcase 2024

I totally agree. But I guess because last year’s main focus was on jobs, I thought this one might have had a different aspect to showcase.

Just think, every single thing 2020 could possibly offer on it’s best day, PLUS all this. What do people want to see what the future of a checklist looks like?

There’s not much to showcase in 2 minutes though. We simmers will just look into details and wait for more official info. If you pay attention, there’s a lot to see.

Like this new A330 for the default fleet, who’s developing it? Aerosoft? INI?

I mean, it was within my expectations, with some new interesting stuff.

Yeah, I mean it was a perfectly fine trailer. Hopefully people don’t think I’m judging it more harshly than I am. I liked it. I was just surprised that it was the same general focus.

1 Like

Rain still invisible outside?

2 Likes

I missed that - had to go back & review the vid. But I did not see any prop-wash in the water in the Search & Rescue clip, so it will be interesting to see just how expansive these types of aircraft<->environment interactions will be.

Hopefully, future vids will have longer clips. I find it hard to get a good impression of what’s going on in the game when the camera shot changes every few seconds. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Worth noting:

MS tends to showcase a simulator and announce its Autumn release date during every year’s Summer expo. Usually it is a Forza title. So far this generation, years without a new Forza title have featured a new MSFS.

These trailers are usually used to showcase realistic graphic fidelity and advancements.

They aren’t meant for the core sim audience, they are meant for gamers to go, “Wow! Look at those graphics! Xbox is really bringing it these days.”

I swear. Every year. Either shiny cars or shiny planes.

And every Summer they announce their showcase sim will release in the Fall.

Like clockwork.

These previews are meant to spark enthusiasm to subscribe to GamePass. To show Xbox owners they will have a lot of access to gaming content in the next year. They are handled by MS, not Asobo, and they are used to fit the MS/Xbox/GamePass narrative rather than what Asobo might want to say about their sim.

In short, the previews are meant for casuals and gaming media.

Us core simmers get events like Flight Sim Expo for our big news drops.

TLDR: You never get a sense of their new sim from their Summer expo previews, just their shiny new graphics and focus on one NEW element of play, in this case, career mode. With 2020 the WHOLE freaking high fidelity WORLD was the new element they showcased. Now that MS has made their big release date announcement, they will likely open the doors for Asobo to talk more openly about 2024 in the coming months, if tradition holds.

5 Likes

Don’t worry Seedy, it was a nice trailer. People have to realise though that this was a trailer intended for Xbox showcase which is a gaming show intended for gamers in general and not aimed at flight simmers in particular. There is no way this kinda of trailer could have an in depth look at settings and etc. That will have to come later.

IMO the trailed showed the true spirit of aviation - diversity, that real world aviation is more then just flying tubeliners. And for those who complain that GA and helicopters and biz jets are “arcadish” go try the A2A accusim planes or a realistic modelled SAR helicopter and tell me that they are arcadish

From what we’ve so far MSFS looks like a huge sandbox where everyone can fly the kind of aviation they prefer, regardless if it’s SAR, cargo transports by plane or helo or tourist sightseeing or tubeliners,…

8 Likes

This is just the beginning.

1 Like

I’d understand if can’t say more, but does that mean NDAs are lifed by now (at least partially)?

The reason I ask is I imagine all the FSim Media will try to interview Jörg and get more info.

Let me talk so Seedy doesn’t have to walk a tightrope. As any NDA restriction would likely prevent them from even talking about their own NDA restrictions!

Typically MS keeps their devs silent until they drop their release date. After that, and for lack of a better term, NDA restrictions seem to be loosened at least for the specific devs who are the public faces for the media.

This is also how it always works for Forza which follows a similar summer release date announcement and autumn drop almost every year.

Once MS gets to make their own big showcase announcement, the devs seem to get the green light to finally do press.

So look for the usual suspects like Seb and Jorg to be speaking a LOT more in the coming months about 2024.

1 Like

Did they only drop the video, or was there a q&a session or some kind of other exhibition, too?

1 Like

Can we expect live air traffic for balloons too?

New Xbox hardware teased without any specifications. The way they are priced, I have to assume they are still low on much needed memory for MSFS. I hope they consider MSFS requirements, but it’s likely not a factor in their decision making. It’s all about competing with Play Station.

And feature videos like they did for 2020.

Not yet. Hope they will come soon. I figure we will hear/read some interviews in the coming months. Maybe in the coming days.

Was disappointed with the trailer. Looked like the same poor quality clouds we have now. I was really hoping there would be an improvement in this regard, but looks like sadly not. Though there is still time I guess.

If this is what they teased then it’s nothing super significant. Updated color ways and larger hardrives.

1 Like

They should call the 2TB the MSFS edition

I will add this is not like some FarCry game, they are setting XBSX expectations and not putting out promotional videos on a Cray supercomputer like most AAA developers and daring you to buy enough to run it. The game in itself should be a major essentially free ‘computer upgrade’ onto itself.

1 Like

Its becoming all too obvious that after 2 trailers of MSFS 2024 showing all the emphasis on scripted adventures and careers, Asobo is looking to take MSFS in a more “gaming” direction. Thats where the money is and thats where the attention will be.

1 Like