Xbox showcase 2024

ah ok i didnt catch on that it was the xbox showcase, makes sense then

2 Likes

Weā€™re only seeing the tip of the iceberg in this MSFS2024 trailer, and Iā€™m extremely impressed! Hoping the pilots have their hands on the flight controls and not just in their laps.

1 Like

I truly donā€™t understand this mentality. Look at the majority of active aviation flying around each and every day. They arenā€™t flying around just looking pretty. They are doing something and getting paid doing it. The people flying those things arenā€™t volunteering (well, in most cases). They are getting paid to do so and it is a career. A pilot career. It is one of the most important aspects of the aviation field.

3 Likes

Pros:

• updated Bing Maps scenery at higher resolution (maybe)?
  • more diverse trees and fauna
  • 4 seasons
  • better water / waves?
  • pilots visible in cockpit while you are flying?
  • more details like engine covers and pins during walk-around
  • people / pilots walking, doing stuff
  • Activities and missions
  • Balloons, Airships
  • Aurora

Cons:

• landscape is still over-saturated red, making it cartoonish in my opinion
  • sunset still TOO RED
  • will night lighting be improved?
  • previous trailer showed tornadoes I thinkā€¦ will there be real weather with hurricanes, and such?

What is missingā€¦ and sorely neededā€¦
ā€¦Will there be equal effort to update / improve:

• Marketplace
  • World Map / Flight Planning
  • ATC
  • Ground operations
  • Traffic
  • Viewsā€¦ any improvements to FOV, stretching, multiple monitors, home cockpit view, etc?
  • Replay mode?

Clouds still look as bad as they do in MS2020. Minimal variation or type and looks like still the density issues. One would think they would get something you interact with in a flight based sim correct for once.

3 Likes

Iā€™m skeptical too man, but let them cook. These specs will be fleshed out in a short six months. Iā€™ll try it out on game pass before I purchase this time. But I know theyā€™ll end up taking my money. :laughing:

2 Likes

Hello @DA40CGDFQ,

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 will be available from everywhere the current version is now: PC/MS Store, PC/Steam, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox Cloud Gaming, and PC/Xbox Game Pass.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

12 Likes

The trailer felt a lot like the first with a splash of new things. I assumed theyā€™d have A LOT more to share after a year silent, but apparently not. It was nice to see a few of the new things shown, but overall I had hoped weā€™d learn more.

I still dont think Iā€™ll use career mode much. As Iā€™ve said in the past, I want some of that type of stuff to be freely available in the world map. Like seeing fire icons on the map, loading in at a nearby airport, and putting it out (or not) without the restraint of being locked in a ā€œmissionā€.

4 Likes

It. Looks. Beautiful! Just wait for flight sim expo where they will provide more detail for the sim community. What a wonderful era we are living through for flight simmers :slight_smile:

Really hyped! Trailer was awesome with a lot of details to look forward to! I rarely say this, but looking forward to November for once! :smile:

1 Like

Hello @ExplorerJB,

It was never the intent of this trailer to be a deep dive into the new features and improvements coming in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024. We will be sharing many more details with you and providing answers to the most frequently asked questions from the community between now and November 19.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

17 Likes

Oh WOW! I just hope Live Weather looks this way too.

6 Likes

But the showcase is just that, the main objective here was to give us the release date. Details will follow in the coming days/weeks/months. Thatā€™s what most of us were expecting.

Iā€™m really pleased to see ballooning in this trailer. Iā€™ve always considered it would be a great way to get young children excited in aviation, especially when allowed to ā€œflyā€ the balloon while sitting in the lap of grandpa or grandma!

Of course, adults can still have fun with the balloons too! :slightly_smiling_face: :person_white_hair:

6 Likes

Yeah I donā€™t care much about the balloons and balloon physics, Iā€™m just here for the world and sky.

Well the Twotter and PC12 are also in the game. This looks 20 years ahead of what we have now.

Smoke water, animated people, wind effects in the environmentā€¦ 2020 canā€™t handle one deformable balloon.

1 Like

Personal Comment & Observation
Maybe it was! :smiley:

Thereā€™s still so much we donā€™t know. As with the first trailer theyā€™re clearly selling the whole idea of the sim giving you something to do and engage with in the sim outside of the actual mechanics of flying a plane. And Iā€™m all for that. So many of the really popular, and clever, third party add ons for FS2020 are an attempt to do just that.

This will also appeal to the more ā€˜casualā€™ market since very few of those add ons (or even non of them, to my knowledge) have ever been made to work on Xbox. I think these features will be really popular and open up a lot on console.

Other things I took away from the new trailer. Some of it visually isnā€™t reinventing the wheel. The photogrammetry is still what it is. Looks nice from a distance but its never going to look good up close in a helicopter, which is something theyā€™re really trying to do with the natural environment. Which now looks far better. A real step up.

I was intrigued by the field of rapeseed we saw blowing in the downdraft. Are all fields going to go through a natural seasonal cycle of growth and colour change? This is something I guessed they might do. Its really quite an achievement if theyā€™ve managed to do that.

Also the object density in the airport scene was a real step up from the current version. Along with all the new visual bells and whistles, as well as the new character animations, they must be pulling some miracles with optimisation.

3 Likes

Well honestly, no one wants to watch someone fly a tube, 2 seconds were enough.

I saw a deer and :camera_flash:?! Aurora was looking so great! Passengers was walking into plane, like GSX? I am hyped for msfs2024 and wanna see more. I wish they add fishing also as activities/missions. Like Sea of Thieves kind of fishing. Fly, explore, find/catch new fishes on different locations, collect, discoverā€¦ I just imagined for couple secs. I think it is impossible for them to add something like this.
Lastly, i hope all our addons will work without any issues and we donā€™t have to buy again. I postponed buying gsx, activesky, beyondatc and more just because of this. I donā€™t want to buy pmdg againā€¦
Hyped! :heart:

1 Like