Xbox users, Welcome Aboard!

FS2020 looks amazing on XSX, but the A32NX FLYBYWIRE is sorely missed! Default A320 is a really bad aircraft. Hope to be able to fly the A32NX on XBOX soon!

“A320 AP does not function correctly. Very slow climb above 20,000FT, unable to change speed and VS knob doesn’t work.” This bug is truly annoying. I’ve missed several long flights because of him.

Anybody have any recommended planes to use that have the features of autopilot, ect. that are working correctly ?

This game is incredible thank you! I bought the voyager pack as a way to support as i play om XSX gamepass, and have 2 questions

1. Im doing Bush trips and would like to understand this better. I follow the ° on the Navlog but end up way off course from where the white line on the VFR is showing me to be. It would be a lot easier if all the POI destinations were marked on the VFR but a lot arent so its to know whether to look for visual clues as suggested in the Navlog, just follow the VFR and switch the Navlog off entirely, or a combination of both? I struggle to know exactly when to reset the stopwatch so I dont find that a reliable means of navigation. Anyone have any tips please?

2. Is there a way to restart a Bush Trip? I have one that saved in a bad place and I cant complete it.

Does anyone know if the Thrustmaster TCA side stick/throttle quadrant works with MSFS on Xbox?

what exactly are you looking from autopilot. i’m newbie in msfs but i flight ifr with bechcraft g58 with autopilot: climb and descent, following a route, capturing a glide path and following a glide path…

Just compare the map with the ground. Plus you can take a look at the GPS map in cockpit for the comfirmation (there’s planes position there). I use nav log just to see how the next runway looks to know what to look after on the ground. Never started the timer tbh.
This game is just great. I’m playing with Hotas One, mouse for menus/cabin and controler for external view.
All this game needs is replay system, more jets and some kind of career mode. Hope they’re working on those while I learn how to operate and fly the planes.

hello. trying flight simulator on xbox. Keeps crashing. Any ideas?

This is dumb. Can’t even get this flight sim to launch without crashing on my xbox. I’m outta here. How does microsoft release a microsoft game for a microsoft console and it doesn’t work?

Uninstalling. That was a pathetic.

You’ve just saved yourself a lot of frustration!

I had a few crashes at one point, which a hard console restart resolved.

With a beast of a sim like this I’m finding a little patience is required. I have around 27 hours of flight time now and I’m finding it hugely enjoyable and rewarding, but there is a learning curve.

Thanks for making a fun game :slight_smile:

Maybe I’m lucky, but I’ve only had one lock-up and one CTD so far, and that’s after flying over New York, London, Naples, Miami etc. I have MFS installed on the internal drive, I’m just wondering if those pilots experiencing issue have the sim installed on external?

Im yet to have any CTD thank god,its been a joy so far,and yes as sofajockey pointed out there is a learning curve,but man what a sim.

Mine only crashed a few times on day one when I installed it. Next day it was fine and has been since, not sure if maybe just simply turning my console off and back on did the job in my instance. Wonder what’s causing it to be so random on different consoles, internet connection?

I had the same issue and found a post on here how to fix it.

Basically plug in a mouse in your xbox and then go to settings and controller and then select default on the controller. That then allows the cursor to appear on the screen and everything then works.

It was picking up my pc controller profile.

1 Like

Oooh, thanks I will try that!

I started trying to reset everything on the Windows side with the hopes that it would resync, but I had to do 60GB of update download there and then you can’t change the controller settings without a controller attached so I need to go get the XBOX controller, re-pair it, etc.

Just do this and it should work.

1. Plug a mouse into your Xbox
  2. Go to options and select controls options
  3. Change “controller profile” to “default”

Apply the setting and a cursor should appear when using your Xbox controller.

1 Like

I will have to try out the settings on the controller as it’s still too twitchy for me at the moment, thanks for posting

I had a few crashes during the first few days after launch. But the hotfix has generally fixed it and i do not have any crashes after that on my xbox series s. I think there are still bugs in the game like the ATC suddenly was muted when communicating with me yesterday during a 1hr flight from WIMM to WSSS. It happened while I was descending to intercept ILS. I restarted the game and it solved the issue.