Xbox users, Welcome Aboard!

I could be wrong but I think they have to have a single to connect to the Xbox. Have you tried to connect them?

I use a Logitech keyboard and mouse with a unifying receiver just plugged into the USB port of the Xbox and it works absolutely fine.

You will only see the mouse cursor appear when you start FS. Not in the main menu of Xbox.

You can get 36 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for 99 USD.

It’s a bit of a hassle to get it for this price but I can confirm it works.

Google for " Xbox Game Pass Ultimate tip: How to get 3 years of access to hundreds of games for dirt cheap"

XBOX Feedback and Improvements | OT - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

Hi, I’m new to MSFS and XBOX, I’ve got XBOX series X. I hope this is the right place to post my question. I’ve never played MSFS on a PC, but saw videos on setting it up and there were options for Ultra graphics setting. I didn’t see this on my XBOX MSFS settings and options. Is there a place where I can try to get the best graphics possible? Or, does XBOX MSFS look at my internet connection and adjust it accordingly.

thanks,
Joe

1 Like

First of welcome. The xbox version does not allow for any graphic changes apart from HDR. The xbox version is optimised to run on the same hardware, so sliders to change graphics options aren’t required.

Follow up question, and this will expose my ignorance about the technology. Will I get a better picture from a 4K or HD TV. I’m asking because the 4K gives a better picture but does the extra resources needed to power those extra pixels take away from the picture or frame rate? thx

4K is the way to go. The xbox version is optimised to run at 4K, I play on 4k and it’s stunning. I have an OLED so I can use VRR which unlocks the frame rate to run higher.

Someone will correct me if what I’ve said above is wrong, but 4K is the way to go in my opinion.

1 Like

On xbox I have the problem that if changing speed heading or baro on mcp of A320, G1000 or any other selection interface, rather than the selection progressively increasing or decreasing from present value, the first click value spikes to begin at either max speed, +180 degrees of current heading bug or - 99000ft/99000ft.

Is so annoying because if trying to change speed from 240 to 210 you have to waste time scrolling for about 15 seconds.

With altimeter baro adjustment you might want to change from 29.92 to 29.80 and it takes 30 seconds to scroll from a ridiculous starting value of 31.30 or something. A 12 click become 150 click.

When you gently touch the selector it should increase/decrease in consecutive order from its present value.

Makes it very difficult to manage the aircraft in a timely manner. In real life or even the sim you cannot bury your head for a silly amount of time fiddling with things that should take around 3 to 5 seconds. That’s how many CFIT incidents have occurred in the past and in this simulation.

Other issues on xbox include extreme shear between wind layers at height that sometimes cause changes of 100kts in IAS within 1 second.

Also the screens on A320 go blank when descending to initial approach after a short flight, especially in imc conditions. Was flying Glasgow to Gatwick today and the screens went blank at 7000ft. Wasted the previous 90 mins of flight.

2 Likes

I’ve also had an annoying bug on the A320 where the altitude selector randomly gets stuck at 0100 feet and it’s no longer possible to change the altitude. A lot of wasted flying time because of this bug.

I have connected a USB keyboard to the Xbox. However, as the wireless controller uses BLE you’d think there might be an option to connect other BLE peripherals like those that I use on my Surface Pro.

Great question, glad I read before I asked again.

I’ve assigned Active Pause via Options/Controller Keyboard, key “P”.

Very handy when you have the drone up to make a screenshot… looking at your aircraft, you can press “C” during drone camera, to regain control… then press “P” a few times, to put it in place… below I let it fly toward the drone camera, I used “C” and “P” to let it come nearer.

2 Likes

Quick question will any usb mouse work with this game.

Wired then yes. Saying that anything with a usb dongle should work

1 Like

On a series X, use 4K. The game is tuned for that and looks amazing

I found a Logitech mouse with unifying receiver in my junk drawer. It’s now combined with an old Microsoft USB keyboard and a USB thumbdrive for captures - all plugged into a USB expansion dongle in one of the Xbox X USB sockets. I’m still hoping that Microsoft announced USB webcam and microphone support to support Skype on the Xbox.

1 Like

Ah good to know that this works. I have the same thing lying around somewhere and was planning to dig it out this weekend.

Hi , goes into general options and disables cash. A priori it stops crashes

how do you get the mouse to zoom in and out on xbox. The wheel is assigned but nothing happens. Have tried all sorts but having trouble setting up the mouse how i want it. Even default is not working?