XCub Floats/Skis PFD broken

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

XCub Floats

Brief description of the issue:

PFD is dimmed and the screen brightness controls do not work.
It is the original G3X, not the SU15 beta G3X in the wheeled XCub.

This is an old bug, and you used to be able to clear it by loading the wheeled XCub first, then exit to main and then load the XCub floats, and the screen brightness would be back to normal. Doesn’t work now, and remains dimmed so you can’t really see it. Be nice to test with the new G3X too.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Load the XCub floats version

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

DLSS Quality

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

both

yes

issue not only with floats version but also with the skis one

tested under DX111 & DX12, same issue for both versions

Are you using DLSS?

no

Skis version:

Floats version:

I looked at the Bug Reporting Hub Aircraft & Systems if that bug has been reported but did not find any. By any chance do you if there was one ?. So my understanding is that bug has not been introduced in SU15B, it exists in SU14 but at least you had a workaround that does not work anymore due to the new avionic implemented for the regular NXCub and X Cub.

I should have been clearer on

This is an old bug

I don’t know if it was actually reported (I never bothered to myself) but it has been known by some users for quite a while.

I had a note about it in my XCub OneNote knowledge base “Issue: Dark PFD - Load normal NX Cub first to reset it”, which I think I picked up from the forums or maybe reddit at the time (Tuesday, 21 March 2023 10:09 PM according to OneNote).

It used to work to clear it, but no more it seems. I haven’t flown the XClub floats in a few SU’s though, so I can’t say when that workaround stopped working. Most likely explanation is SU15 Beta nuked the workaround because the link to the PFD brightness setting is now broken as the base XCub is using the new G3X. Something worth checking when they implement the new G3X on the rest of them though.

Thanks to you and @ IceManDBB for following up to confirm.

1 Like

Yes

This also affects the MS-Store version of the aircraft.
Partial Specs & settings:
Build: SU15B v1.37.8.0
3rd-Party Addons: None, Community Addons: None
i7-12700K (No overclocking), 32 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 CL40, Arc 770 (16GB, v31.0.101.5333).
Graphics Tab: TAA, Render resolution 1700x960 @ 125, AMD Fidelity - 150, VSync - On, FRL - 100% MRR (60 Hz), HDR10 - Off, DX12B, TLOD @ 250, OLD @ 200, Motion Blur - Off, Other settings - all Ultra
Developers Tab: Developer Mode - Off
MSFS Version: MS-Store, Standard, plus All WUs and most MS free aircraft.

DX12

Are you using DLSS?

No (TAA)

I’m seeing the same visuals as in the screenshots provided by the OP & others.

Good new !, the G3X upgrade is automatically fixing the issue:

Continuing the discussion from Sim Update 15 Beta Release Notes 1.37.9.0 - March 22nd, 2024:

1 Like

Yup! Here they are in the SU15 .9 build (though I actually have not flown them yet):

Partial Specs & settings:
Build: SU15B v1.37.9.0
3rd-Party Addons: None, Community Addons: None
i7-12700K (No overclocking), 32 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 CL40, Arc 770 (16GB, v31.0.101.5333).
Graphics Tab: TAA, Render resolution 1700x960 @ 125, AMD Fidelity - 150, VSync - On, FRL - 100% MRR (60 Hz), HDR10 - Off, DX12B, TLOD @ 250, OLD @ 200, Motion Blur - Off, Other settings - all Ultra
MSFS Version: MS-Store, Standard

Thank you Devs! :tada: :grinning:

Awesome, ty devs!

I hope the King Air gets the new G3X soonđź‘Ś