XCub G3X shows wrong waypoint information

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

Test both, with and without community add-ons

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

The G3X shows wrong information for the current waypoint like empty field on WPT, NaN on the BRG and a very high DIST with a very low ETE. And just while writing this, the system died completely on me. Black screen on all navigation instruments.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Enter a waypoint via Direct or Flight Plan.

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Steam

And the pfd will not show any wind data.

I have the exact same problem. If I choose new waypoints during the flight, the BRG says NaNm and the DIST is much higher than the distance of the chosen airport. Moreover after some minutes the main screen goes blank.

It seems that nobody cares about this problem.
I asked about it on the Working Title discord and on the Avsim forum and nobody replies.
and it effects several stock airplanes.
In the meantime, if a font on an mdf is 1 point to small or to large the community explodes.

2 Likes

Same problem. If I cancel the plan, then it sometimes works. Like, instead of actually cancelling, it fixes it. I have no idea what it happening here. Version 1.18.15.0 on PC for me.

I’m doing the Bush trip in Patagonia now, and I’m navigating by camping on the “Nearest” screen, while just using the AP with HDG instead of NAV. Works, but… annoying.

The bush trips are meant to be navigated visually, according to the directions in the nav log.

Obviously. And they are more fun that way. I did the one around Tahoe/Yosemite purely visually, and it was a blast.

But even if they are meant to be navigated visually… the GPS should actually work. Or it should be disabled. It should never just point to BRG of “NaN”. That’s just… buggy.

The weird thing is that, sometimes, under conditions that I can’t seem to reproduce reliably, making a flight plan actually works (even during the Bush trips).

2 Likes

Here we go. I recorded a video of what I’m seeing. Video is just a normal flight, not from a Bush Trip flight. G3X Bug in MSFS2020? Or just stupid user error? - YouTube . I remembered how I got things to work: By clearing out the flight plan and the direct-to, then adding a starting point but not a destination, then adding an airport from the nearest menu to the end of the flight plan. In other words: I got direct-to to work by not using it at all.

If you watch any of the youtube videos where Garmin demonstrate the G3X, e.g. G3X Touch-Navigating - YouTube , you can see the direct-to button is actually quite simple and intuitive in real life. I’m not sure what FS2020 is doing with it.

My guess is that the mystery starting point named “USER” in the flight plan is set to something other than the actual current location of the aircraft, which then makes things really wonky.

I asked about this at the WT discord and the reply I got was that this has to be solved by Asobo.

If you have the WT mod installed and select GPS from their option screen, the distance is displayed correct in the lower part of the screen
This is with WT mod!!

In my case, the correct distance is displayed on the lower part of the screen, but at the top the waypoint information is always “NaN” etc.

SO FRUSTRATING… never had this issue until the latest update. I’ve even re-installed the game and it persists.

Do you have the Bush League Legends - MSFS Mods installed?
There is an august 29th update and now I think it’s working correct again (it works for me, that is)

1 Like

@Hansb57 when you mention the 29 August update of the Working Title, do you mean the XCub mod or the G3x mod?

I mean the xcub mod. But I also think I was premature and the problem is still there.

Grabbed the update today. Bug is still present. Sigh.

op here … to be clear, this is not a mod problem. my initial bug report states that no mods are used. “nan” simply means “not a number” and in 99.9% of all cases it is the result of a division by zero which cannot be the result of a mod. the problem must be within the internals of the sim. i also had the problem on the daher, brg and distances were compleately messed up in the pfd but were ok in the secondary display (also without a mod). since i returned from my virtual world tour in the cub i didn’t really used the nav and only did backcountry flying, but this bug is so existential and annoying, that i don’t understand it has not been worked on in the latest update.

1 Like

@MarcUeberall I agree with you. It doesn’t seem that there is some connection with the mods. It’s more probable that it is connected with the inner system of the sim. I removed the Working Title Xcub mod and the problem remained. I installed the Working Title G3x mod and again it was not fixed. I agree that it’s an annoying problem. I assume that it has occurred only to a small number of individuals so that’s why it has not been fixed yet.

1 Like

I logged a zendesk item for this some time ago an at this day its status is “open” so I have hopes that this will be solved in the future.
MarcUeberall: Thanks for the explanation.
For me there are 2 items:
The Nan distance and time item as above and duplicate airfields.
If you feel like it Try to enter EHAM in the flightplan (as an example) and see if you get a duplicate.

I also agree it’s not a mod problem.

I posted this at other forums and there seems to be very little interest in this “problem”

1 Like

I also had doubling on some (mostly major) airports. For example KOSH was listed three times which was quite … irritating … but wasn’t a game breaker due to all three instances were valid targets for the system. EHAM is also positive for me @Hansb57.

Today I installed the SU6. Although I can’t say that the problem is solved, at least I think some part of has been fixed.

Fixed part: I created a flight plan and it was depicted correctly on the GPS, both the distances and the purple line. I have to note though that I engaged the AP immediately after take off and the XCub did a 2-3 minute straight and then curvy turn above the airport which was not depicted on the GPS. Maybe this is due to the fact that it was following the standard airport take off flight path. Since it finally aligned with the flight plan path I find it ok considering that before the update the purple line was going nowhere near the flight plan and the plane was following the wrong purple line.

Part not fixed: when I chose another airport midflight from the NRST list it just depicted NaNm again.

Part I didn’t check yet: after 20-30 minuets from the start of the flight, the main screen turns off and cannot turn it on again. I will check it and hope it has been fixed after the SU6.

The release notes for today’s update say “G3X no longer show NaN bearing when flying a DirectTo toward an airport” in the Avionics section… I haven’t downloaded it yet, but :crossed_fingers: