XCub struggels with the Grand Alpine Challenge Bush Trip

The CubCrafters XCub you have to use in this bush trip really struggles to climb over 11000 feet, going above puts the speed in the red and leads to stalling.
In order to get to the Matterhorn in the third leg you need to be at 12000 or fly a massive detour to avoid the huge mountain range on the way to it. Also the Sphinx Observatory you fly over later in the trip is also at 12000. I don’t think you are able to complete the trip in the XCub.

It’s ceiling is 14,000 ft in the game. You may have to lean out your fuel mixture ratio. You can also map, “Set Best Mixture” in MSFS.

3 Likes

Thanks, I will try that!

I found the same struggles in the Grand Alpine Challenge Bush Trip.

I found the CubCrafters XCub severely lacking to deal with the altitudes. I found even at 9 or 10 thousand feet, the plane struggles to climb 100 feet/second. I have had to do many corkscrews to gain altitude, and often had to abandon the recommended flight plan in order to find a path through the mountains.

I think I will extract the flight plan and flight notes and try this bush trip with another plane, perhaps the Cessna 172 or the Beechcraft Bonanza G36.

Perhaps others who have tried this can share their clues?

lean out the mixture and you shouldn’t have problems hitting 13k feet.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.