You can't fly below the sea level in Dead Sea Israel/Jordan

■■■■■ ■■■■■■ ah!!! i got it this time! j e s … c h r… !!!

who fixed the url embeding video !? i tries to do it, couldnt find the option… whoever did this, thanks a lot !!!

you can even see that the gliding options from the help assitant, the red [ ] are even over the runaway actualy, they are not alligned with the actual airport level…

Something happened today (I submitted a Zendesk bug report already)… When flying to LLMZ (Bar Yehuda in Israel), which is the lowest airport in the world -1250 below sea level altitude, the flight crashed into an invisible floor. When I restarted and selected Approach to resume from that point, the aircraft wasn’t moving, it was “stuck” in the ground at 0 altitude… I suspect the game places a collision at sea level. This is problematic flying into any place that is below sea level. Has anyone run into this? I’d be curious to see if anyone else can replicate this.

I made a low flight in the depression of Qattara (Egypte) and at lac Assal (Djibouti).
Each time my plane crash in an invisible wall after going below sea level.

Any of you tried this below sea level fly ?

It is a bug. You cannot fly to below sea level from above or fly above sea level from below. You can pass between that sea level interface/hard layer by slewing through it. Press “Y” on the keyboard to move aircraft up or below that level then press “Y” again to turn slewing off

1 Like

Thanks you.

Departed from Tel Aviv and decided to take the Icon to the Dead Sea to do some sight seeing. Made it to altitiude ‘0’ and could go no further. It didn’t crash, and I could not move the plane (wheels up). It simply stopped moving like I’d hit some sort of invisible sludge.

I’m heading to the following places to check their below zero altitude issues:

Lake Assal (Djibouti)
Turfan Depression (China)
Oattara Depression (Egypt)
Karagiye Depression (Kazakhstan)
Denakil Depression (Ethiopia)
San Julian’s Great Depression (Argentina)
Death Valley (USA)
Akdzhakaya Depression (Turkmenistan)
Salton Trough (USA)

Will report findings.

I’ve checked the sites above and they all look good after the last update. Excellent work!

I had this problem I was looking for the sites that Ron Wyett mentioned for Sodom and Gomorroa and kept running into non visable wall

1 Like

Yeah, I haven’t tested since new update. But apparently it’s fixed. I reported previously that there was a collision at negative altitudes - I was trying an airport by the Dead Sea as well. Hopefully it works now. I reported it when it happened a week and a half ago.

1 Like

They’ve been fixed.

1 Like

I would like to report the following bug.
Flying out of LLMZ Elevation -1266 ft I hit an unknown object which causes the sim to restart . I tried several times with no success.
I try to fly into LLMZ from another nearby airport during line up at Altitude 0 ft I bumped on something ,and the Sim restarted, saying that I hit water
I still had 1266ft to go before landing
In summary the Sim does not recognize below sea level topography

When trying to take off from LLMZ, I always crash after a few seconds in the air. LLMZ is located at 1,240 ft below mean sea level, which is correct, but it seems to be impossible to fly below the sea level.

1 Like

Which aircraft?

Try Button: B

I can takeoff there, but very soon after liftoff it says “collided with an object”. You should submit a zendesk report. Some collision box didn’t get placed right.
Regards

1 Like

Wow! I gave it a shot and same thing. I agree with @Habu2u2 that would be a great Zendesk bug report.

By the way just FYI, it is possible in other places to fly out of airports below sea level (south salton sea, CA, USA for example). So it’s that airport that’s bugged, not the ability to fly below sea level.

2 Likes

This item was delivered as part of World Update I (1.9.3).