You would think they'd be better at removing snow in Anchorage

I flew out of Fairbanks today and same story there

I suggest the unreal weather mod, it is very accurate.

Tried it. It doesn’t do winds aloft, and I’m not going to switch weather sources in the middle of a flight. Also (unfortunately) bought REX Weather, but I didn’t like how it was a performance hog in exchange for a little more accurate snow coverage, especially now that the snow season is ending. I figure by next snow season, Asobo will get the snow issue figured out and all will be well. Honestly, except for the lack of snow where there should be snow, I’m quite happy with the Asobo engine, so they just need to fix that one little detail, and all will be right in the world.

Oh, and regardless, someone needs to train the guys in Anchorage how to clear snow off the runways, taxiways, and apron. And on the roads, but since I don’t (usually) land on roads, it’s NBD except perhaps when trying to use them as a navigational aid. But the last time I did that was during training for my PPL, in fact, I don’t even think it was covered on my checkride, but that was a long time ago, and I’ve swiss cheesed my memory since then because of multiple bouts with sepsis. (The booze might not have exactly helped, either, but it’s been over a year since I had a drink and the memory issues are still here, so maybe not. If the damm doctors can’t give me a real good reason why I can’t start drinking again, and SOON, then I’m just gonna do it.)

But maybe the ramp guys are so angry about getting chopped up into millions of pieces by my prop (and presumably others) that they decided to go on strike when it came to snow removal.

:man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like