Your bandwidth is too low (February/March/April 2023)

I’ve just tested it, it took me 30 minutes to launch MSFS and get to the main menu (I stay almost all this time on the ‘Check for updates’ page). I lauched the flight and had to get back to main menu as the secenery was completely f**ked due to photogrametry disabling. I didn’t succeed do get back to main menu, stuck during loading screen… After 20 minutes and full loading bar I killed MSFS. I have messages saying that my bandwidth is insufficient, that I have to deactivate photogrammetry, that the Microsoft servers are unreachable… all this since the last AAU1 update.
It seriously sucks :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

That’s what happens with MSFS once it disables Bing data. Happened to me 15min after departure today, so the remainder of the flight I had ground textures like in FSX (or rather worse).
Re-enabling didn’t work, it took ages with “Applying…” just to immediately show the bandwidth error and turn Bing Data off again.

1 Like

After AAU1 the issues started to appear!!
I wish Asobo would also respond on this.

1 Like

I’ve said a number of times where the problem lies and it is not at the customer side. People still trying to figure it out or coming up with solutions, it’s a waste of your time. Also complaining here won’t make a dent in the timeline of solving the issue. Report your issue directly at MS/Asobo.

2 Likes

Guess what, this forum is for exactly that purpose.

Problems again earlier streaming Bing data correctly. Very blocky and patchy directly below the aircraft - very rarely seen this sort of thing, but another issue with these servers I suspect. Incredibly poor!

It does seem a bit odd the disproportionate number of servers globally (particularly in the UK), compared to say the likes of the US. They’re not going to admit they’ve got it wrong by basing this sim around core online functionality, but this needs addressing. The whole online stuff is massively overrated because some of these problems remain, even years after launch. It’s about time they were fixed - or improve the offline aspect, even.

This needs looking at, urgently. The gradual sink of speeds to an unplayable state shouldn’t be happening.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ve said this as well multiple times recently that changing your end of the system may ‘help’ but it won’t do anything permanent since you can’t control how the data is being received, interpreted, and then passed along from the server to the user. Unless anyone can directly access the servers or alter their ISP, you aren’t changing a thing. So stop trying. :rofl: That being said using AT&T on the West Coast, have not had this issue in quite a long time. More than likely an ISP/server combination.

1 Like

issue has been happening to me for the last 5 days or so before that all was good and I’m not on beta. When I load up offline, all loads fairly fast with no issues. When I go online it takes forever to load and instantly get connection warnings. My connection is fast and have no issues with any of my other flight sims. The issue is definitely theirs not mine. It definitely takes the fun out of trying to fly. P.S. I’m in the US

1 Like

The issue really started happening with AAU1. Before that, I’d get the low bandwidth message every once in a while, but it would recommend quickly and not CTD. AAU1 is when it really took off.

For those of us having issues, many are in Germany and the Netherlands. Any other locations that are seeing the issue?

The Netherlands.
All started after the AAU1 update !!!

1 Like

That may very well be an accurate description, but we’re 2.5 years in, with how ever many millions of licenses sold, and they are Microsoft. They can call up HP or IBM or both and order a load of new bladeservers (guys, give me a call and I can hook you up if needed, and I’m disabled, gotta play that card when I can!), and get rid of that problem once and for all.

They can (and probably have) create a farm of servers that dynamically grows and shrinks with virtualization based on load, but come on guys, you’re Microsoft. I know you’re unlikely to go buy a bunch of VMware licenses, but you have a similar tech, you just don’t have a big enough server farm and/or fat enough pipe.

That is an old, bold excuse. (Pilot humor.) They can fix it, if they just will. And they should.

2 Likes

Guess what, is this bug logged 495 times? (according to the votes) :wink: Oh, and that on a million or more of copies how important would Asobo find this bug?

495 votes does equate to it happening to only 495 people out of the total user base? Why are you being negative and giving people greif for reporting what is a serious issue for them?
If it is not happening to you great, do not post and be annoying! The forum Mods have been very active in collating the issue and maintaining the thread.

An issue is still an issue just because you dont have it!

6 Likes

I’m not being negative, just telling people how the system works. I have this issue myself by the way. Funny thing is I was being told by a moderator how the votes work. By that logic I can tell you we don’t have to expect much. I was using the same argument as you. So, again, not negative and I’m seeing people here quitting FS so trying to be helpful and suggest you materialize your/their ‘vote’ into an actual bug at MS/Asobo.

All my FS friends in Europe (10+) have this issue.
So this can not be accidental

4 Likes

Well, the big question is, did your friends give a vote here? :wink: In some way we have to activate people from other forums to vote here to give this thing a serious boost.

1 Like

The problem is when make this to a case the solutions brought to you by Microsoft are an insult.

Nah, they aren’t quitting. Just making threats. I know as well as they do they’ll continue to fly and use this sim. Pitfalls and all there’s no way any sane person would revert back to using the previous options. We’ve tasted the next level. Will they go back and use previous sims while things are ironed out, sure. But they aren’t quitting FS and for sure aren’t quitting MSFS because nothing else offers this level. Not unless you want to tack on thousands of dollars of addons in scenery enhancements.

1 Like

It isn’t a hardware problem. Everything is fully cloud based by Azure. But internet is internet. It’s isn’t an exact science and stuff happens. Being it a game it probably doesn’t have the highest priority in data centers and CDNs.