Your bandwidth is too low (February/March/April 2023)

Same here!

What is going on! Netherlands! Glas Fiber 1Gb connection
Low bandwidth connection LOL!

1 Like

Same message since yesterday after the update. Location Switzerland. I tried to use my AVAST VPN on location Switzerland and everything is now running 100%. I put the server on North Europe.
Speedtest control: 510/27
Strange !!!

after reading this article, I m going to try protonvpn , since it allow unlimited data, sound ok for the time server are fixed, maybe someone have another free vpn to recommend ?

edit : using their NL server, plus connected to the west europe server in msfs, seems to run fine with no connection lost

45 min flying without issue, :heart_eyes:

ps : love the fact that proton is famous for their engament against censorship, and in that regards, they asked nothing for creating a account, just an email, but nothing more that may sound intrusive it has been very fast and easy to get in

MODERATOR EDIT:
For days almost constantly the bandwidth problem. (The problem started for me a week ago.)
Since the update SU 12 actually constantly. No matter which server you choose. What does MS do?
Today the MSFS is not playable (even google instead of bing does not work).

Seit Tagen fast stƤndig das Bandweitenproblem.(Angefangen hat bei mir das Problem vor einer Woche.)
Seit dem Update SU 12 eigentlich stƤndig. Egal welchen Server man wƤhlt. Was tut MS?
Heute ist der MSFS so nicht spielbar ( selbst google statt bing funktioniert nicht).

4 Likes

Same here in Stuttgart, Germanyā€¦Low bandwidth connectionā€¦speedtest: 250/25

1 Like

I can confirm the problem from the south of Germany. My connection is sufficient, stable and works well, but I am still getting the message that the bandwidth is too low ā€“ currently, all the time. It is nearly impossible to play online. For some, a VPN seems to work. But I donā€™t really want to use one just to run the simulatorā€¦

1 Like

MODERATOR EDIT:
Just imagine: how many millions of MSFS users are doing a Sim update since yesterday 17H00? Not enough bandwidth.
But why does it work smoothly with my AVAST VPN? I canā€™t explain itā€¦

Stellen Sie sich mal vor: wie viele Millionen MSFS Anwender sind seit gestern 17H00 daran Sim Update zu machen ? Nicht genĆ¼gend Bandbreite.
Aber warum funktioniert es reibungslos mit meinem AVAST VPN ? Ich kann es nicht erklƤren ā€¦

1 Like

Not free but Iā€™m using Mullvad and am very satisfied.

1 Like

@Ralmav @lyoooba

We kindly ask that you use English when posting on the forums. The exception is the Friends, Clubs & Groups category, where you can use any language to help you find users to connect with.

If you cannot read English, the forums provide a handy feature that translates posts into your native language, you can use this feature by clicking the translate button under a post. translate icon

If you need help converting a post from your language to English, try using Bing Translator, the same service used by the forums.

Got it too, living in Frankfurt. Cannot even use Bing textures since SU12 released.

1 Like

I can confirm, that using a VPN connection to US, re-enables the ability to connect again.

Beside fixing the root-cause here, please also consider to remove the auto-pause when this issue appears. Also implement an automatic re-connect in the background and donā€™t force us to always go into the configuration menu. ā€¦ as a first stepā€¦ after years with this bug? :wink:

4 Likes

Also from the Netherlands and Ziggo as isp. Also low bandwidth message since SU12. And so I canā€™t fly for 2 days straight.

Since 10 CET today no flight with bing map data is possible. This problem also occurs for all of my friends in Germany, Austria and the Netherlands.
Should we open another Ticket to make clear that this problem does not appears from time to time like origfinal Problem of this thread but is a continous thing for many simmers in europe? We are not able to fly with bing data unless we use a VPN - This is maybe a higher prio then a problem that occurs from time to timeā€¦

8 Likes

same here in western germany unable to start game, unable to use game if it starts after 3rd attempt, unable to switch online, in that state the online game is unusable. No bing map data available, seems to be not the best advertising for MS search engine if the MS servers can not provide a solid datastream for their bing map promotion gameā€¦ have enough for today

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing MSFS for 2 1/2 year now and have endured all kinds of problems during this time. Often times users where impatient or angry, I never felt that way. Over time things have improved quite a bit.

This is different, as it is an ongoing issue for weeks now. Users deserve some statement from MS/Asobo as to the cause, measures to fix it and timeframe. Sadly there is nothing.

Plus the error message ā€œYour bandwith is to lowā€ is simply condescending, as userā€™s bandwith is never the cause for this.

This is the first time in 2 1/2 years Iā€™m starting to loose my patience. MS/Asobo, do something about this, do it quick and at least make some statement.

9 Likes

same here. northern germany. just wasted 2 hours of flightpreperation. as soon as i was in the air constantly ā€œlow bandwithā€ warning/ disconnection from bingdata. after 10th reconnect the sim CTDed. what a waste of time. sarcasm on exactly what i need after coming home from work. sarcasm off

1 Like

Same for 737NG Driver (watch from 5:10):

1 Like

Probably a good idea to open a second ticket for this particular issue in certain countries

Can not play in Online Mode since SU12, too.
Switches to offline mode as soon as the flight is loaded (which takes forever :frowning: )

4 Likes

Yep, same hereā€¦ getting pretty anoyingā€¦