Your bandwidth is too low for data streaming

Maybe change this to OUR bandwidth is too low for data streaming? I’ve got FiOS in a major city, all the major bandwidth checkers are saying I’ve got more than 500 Mbps. I get that there are bandwidth issues, I just wish that MSFS would admit when it’s on their end, as it obviously is much of the time. Maybe try throwing some money at it.

3 Likes

If you get this message often the issue is probably somewhere between you and the servers, if it’s only recent the servers may in fact be having issues.

Major bandwidth checkers find the best of their servers to connect to, in a major city that could be next door. That really has no real world application of your connecting to VA or WA in the US or elsewhere around the globe.

Some users have found some amount of ISP throttling and found using a VPN beneficial.

I was getting this along with server disconnect issues all last night. I ended up just shutting it down. I’m about to try again. Hopefully the servers are working. It was only MSFS i was having this problem with.

Yes that is what I was trying to get at, if there were problems last evening only it’s most likely the program/infrastructure if for the OP it is a constant then attempt to diagnose by maybe a free VPN or some other possibility.

Just got the bandwith error agian…just now. Didn’t have this problem until last night. What do I need to check?

Why can we only change servers and see ping for multiplayer. Ping for servers that handle photogrammetry, terrain data, blackshark ai and weather we can’t see. Where is those Azure servers located we are connecting to?

When i turn off multiplayer i can’t change server anymore that means some other servers handles the rest right? But where is the server i’m using then located?

To be able to see ping is important to know if it’s our end or that we are connected maybe to wrong server location or something. I had that connection issue like 1 time per minute and that popup makes me not able to control the plane while that window is open. Not easy to handle when on takeoff. Really frustrating actually.

I have 250mbit with 7ms ping for my closest server when i’m testing my download speed on speedtest. I understand that will be worse the further away the servers are. But we need to be able to choose alternate servers if the ping is high in msfs for all of the data servers not only for multiplayer.

We have an open topic regrading this issue: