Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

The DHC4 Caribou enters the chat.

My most flown:

1. Flyinside Bell 206 - because its the only heli that flies like a heli should at the moment
  2. SWS Kodiak
  3. Hype H145 - amazing work by the dev
  4. Beech 18
  5. Cessna 195
  6. Beaver
  7. Milviz 310R
  8. C208 - what can i say, its a swiss army knife
  9. Wilga 80X
  10. Grravel
2 Likes

Only 5 at the moment.

1. WB-Sim 172 - Started out in 152s and 172s, I think the WB-Sim 172 with the Boris sound is the best one in the sim right now. It’s study level enough, flies like a 172, the flight model is realistic. I even got a Cessna-type TPM quadrant to do it justice, just felt odd using a throttle lever for a 172.

2. The FSW Cessna 414A - I always seem to pick it out of the hangar. The best twin-engine recip (Cessna 310 is a close second) and they keep updating it to make it better. The sounds are nice with FSRealistic, immersive complex medium twin, good stable IFR platform.

3. PMDG 737-700 - always liked PMDG products, it’s not perfect but they keep updating it. Nice looking panel, I like the Boeing panels, the Airbus panels look like a simulator. The 700 is more sporty and agile than the longer 800.

4. JPL Cessna 152 - also flies like a 152, will probably be replaced when I get more hours in other aircraft in the hangar. I like the panel and the King flip-flop radios. It’s great for basic navigation and practicing instrument approaches.

5. Caproni-Vizzola C-22J - unique fun little twin-jet that flies reasonably fast and has good visibility for flying low and sightseeing. I like the sound of the little turbines, would buy one just for fun.

I will have 10 next month, been accumulating addons, got the FI warbirds, but need to setup my HOTAS to fly them, same with Wilga, Tiger Moth, helicopters.

4 Likes

Thanks, I’m looking forward to flying it. Flying a lot of tail draggers at the minute.

2 Likes

My top 10 keeps changing all the time but at the moment:

1. Cessna 414Aw - I just love the flight modelling, the sounds, the textures. Everything really.
  2. Carenado Seneca V - Especially since the last update.
  3. HondaJet - Really easy to fly and love the VNAV.
  4. A319 - Don’t fly airliners often but when I do, its the A319. Love the sounds over the A320.
  5. Beaver - Just good fun!
  6. Beech 18 - A bit slow for me so dont fly it often, but I do love the modelling.
  7. Carenado Archer 2 - Shame has no AP but this is my go to for practicing circuits around local UK airfields.
  8. Carenao Staggerwing - Just pure beauty really
  9. Cessna 182 - I choose this over the defauly 172 as it has a bit more speed.
  10. Cessna 152 - Because how could you ever miss this little gem out.
4 Likes

For anyone that has been following this development or in similar need of a way to have multiple control profiles to get auto-selected based on your selected aircraft, @Sonicviz has just published an update to his Aircraft Manager Pro that does this very thing!

Check it out here:

1 Like

Hey thanks for the votes.
Can I check:

That’s the default Asobo Caravan? Not Black Square?

And you mean the Got Gravel, Zlin & Gravel Savage Grravel?

yes, regular glass C208 (with the improvement mod really) and savage grravel.

1 Like

I’m a bit confused. You had these 10 in January:

1. WB-Sim 172
  2. JP Logistics Cessna 152
  3. FSW Cessna 414A
  4. MilViz/Blackbeard Cessna 310R
  5. PMDG 737-700
  6. JF Warrior and Arrows
  7. Mario Noriega C-22J
  8. Carenado Cessna 337 Skymaster
  9. PMDG DC-6
  10. Spitfire

So are you really wanting to remove 5? I assume you seen the post I made and then referred again a few posts up? :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

You mean this one?

Okay, I will just keep the 10 from January, those other 5 are all good and I would still recommend them. But some of them I only flew one time in MSFS and mostly based my recommendation from having owned and flown them in other sims like FSX and P3D. So eventually they might get bumped off my top 10 list for something else in MSFS.

Not sure about the JF Arrows? Lots of complaints that the flight model is off and in need of an update.They were not cheap so I don’t know why JF is not supporting them? I haven’t flown them recently so I can’t really comment but I assume JF will fix (update) them eventually?

The FI Spitfire I flew once with a yoke, which I just could not abide. But I could tell it was worthy of top ten status, just need to use a joystick to appreciate it more.

1 Like

If you’ve looked in any of the JF pa28 threads here you’ll have found a public beta program for updates that’s been running for several months now.

They coded a lot of the fine tuning using lookup tables that MS recently removed meaning the aircraft reverted back to trying to fly based almost solely on the 3D model. So basically they have had to go back to square one and start again.

Even now the Arrows are not dreadful compared to a lot of aircraft out there, if people are saying they are unflyable they are being drama queens. But they are not as good as they were on first release.

2 Likes

Yeah and this - but you get the idea :wink:

Still flying and enjoying the same 10 from last month:

• Wing42 247D
  • Big Radials JRF-6B Goose
  • Flysimware Cessna 414A
  • Asobo/Aeroplane Heaven DC-3 (with Duckworks mod)
  • Ant’s Airplanes DH82 Tiger Moth
  • GotFriends PZL-104 Wilga
  • FFX SF50 VisionJet G2
  • FlyingIron Spitfire
  • FlyingIron Hellcat
  • Mario Noriega Designs C22J

Also enjoying others like the Beaver, Sting S4, and mini-500. But not ready to displace one from my list yet. So many great planes, not enough time. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If we are going with what we would “recommend” I will have about 50+

My new running list of favorites, with an unexpected #1 spot going to the KA-10!

1. Kamov KA-10: Coaxial helicopters rule, and this one is the only example in MSFS to date. A visceral and fun chopper! Its twin counter-rotating rotors yield an insane degree of rotational authority, and its minimal design means you’re going to get a really good view. If you like flying sideways, this is your ride. It has floats, so you can land anywhere. This machine brings a delicious sense of danger into the mix with its minimal construction, and the fact that you’re literally straddling the open engine! However once you start flying it you realize that it’s one of the finest engineered choppers ever made. For such a sketchy looking machine, it feels quite sane and stable to fly. Pair with the Parallel 42 campout add-on for a unique way to explore the countryside. Its small instrument panel is gorgeously rendered (the clock even looks like a miniature version of Wilga’s clock). The KA-10 demands its own special flying style. No pond or pool can go un-landed, no waterway unexplored. One evening last week I had a rollicking time riding ridge life up some mountains in Northern CA, and getting lofted over a gorgeous river valley, with my stomach planted firmly in my throat. This little heli has captured my heart! Now, will someone please make a Kamov KA-15? I need another seat, and some room for my bags. Thanks!!!
  2. Sting S4 (FSReborn): Come for the parachute, stay for the incredible detail. This plane makes me feel like a real pro, and it’s super fun to fly. Every inch of this plane is a feast for the eyes, and the flight model feels very nice. The sound effects are amazing, and really everything about it is high quality. I love the constant-speed prop, and the Rotax 912 iS, and the Garmin G3X cockpit. Honestly, the cockpit on this one is everything. The more time I spend in this plane, the more I love it! It’s easy to trim, and has an amazing cockpit view due to the huge canopy.
  3. Wilga (GotFriends): A mainstay, and most-loved, because Wilma has personality, just feels right, and includes a hammock and a guitar. Wilma excels at missions where you want to be able to land anywhere on a whim. The instrument panel is beautifully modeled, in particular the UV gauges are sexy as hell. The float variant includes the ability to “paddle”, which makes arrivals for any waterborne mission more enjoyable (no more drifting past the dock, perfectly position yourself for a nice screenie). Big huge windows for an excellent view, and even take the doors off to hear the outside roaring past. Once while flying around the Aleutian Islands, I landed her in 30 kt crosswinds. Not sure how that would go IRL, but in FS it was amazing! Wilga’s huge prop is really cool too. GotFriends includes a nice selection of variants, U.S. and Polish, from base models to heavily modified.
  4. Ants Airplanes Tiger Moth: This plane has an incomparable vibe. It just feels good to fly, and I could spend hours ogling it in drone view. I read another forum user say this plane feels “alive”, and I cannot disagree. The sensation it provides is really nice, and it makes me want to follow a desert highway or take a scenic low flight over a deserted beach somewhere. I know I should be working right now, but just thinking about the Tiger Moth makes me want to take a quick flight sim break!! The Tiger Moth calls out to be flown over a desert landscape, or some faraway beach. Sometimes I like to raise up the cockpit camera so it’s in wing-walker mode. Stand up and stretch your legs, then do an aileron roll if you dare!!!
  5. Cessna 152 (JPL mod): The bottom line: this mod elevates the already-excellent Asobo C152 to a whole new level. A taildragger variant is included, making one of my long-time wishes come true! Flying with enhanced realism just makes each session that much more satisfying. Another fun to fly plane that just feels good.
  6. Noriega Designs C22J Ventura: bit of a change of pace for me, and I like it! This light twin jet is very glider-like, and it loves to climb like crazy. Seriously, you need to pay attention, or you’ll be in the stratosphere. The cockpit is retro sporty, and has some serious secret agent vibes like your own personal mini-U2. Cut the power, glide forever. I wish there were a matte black livery, to complete the covert aerial surveillance vibe. On a night flight from LA to Vegas, I experimented with cutting the engines for a dark and silent approach. When I took off my Oculus, I noticed that I had grown a moustache, and was suddenly wearing bell bottoms and a turtleneck. A seriously stylish plane.
  7. Bell 47: Still my favorite chopper in the sim, even with the addition of so many cool choppers. The sound effects are awesome, and it’s relatively easy to fly (unless you’ve disabled the rotor governor, then all bets are off). Bubble cockpit gives you unparalleled views of the outside world.
  8. IndiaFoxtEcho Aermacchi MB-339: My go-to jet. Everything about the IndiaFoxtEcho MB-339 is a winner. This jet makes me feel like I own the sky. I like to shuttle from LA to KEDW, or just up and down the California coast. Aerobatics are amazing in this plane, and she’s easy to wheel around for a landing, almost like a GA plane but just a bit faster. Another plane that “just feels right”.
  9. IndiaFoxtEcho Leonardo M-346: This years’ model for a highly advanced twin-engine light jet trainer, with all the bells and whistles. Break the speed of sound in a dive! Marvel at maintaining 400kt+ ground speed, as you rip through the skies. This one is my favorite for whenever I need to maintain Air Superiority.
  10. LS8-18 glider: I really like the form factor of this small sporty glider. I have spent 100% of my soaring time in the LS8-18 this month. It’s really fun to challenge yourself to ride thermals and ridge lift, to see if you can top a particular mountain peak, and get a glimpse of the valleys on the other side.
9 Likes

Thanks for the update and nice descriptions! I liked the words about the HAT copter best of all haha. Might have to give that one another blast soon!

Do you know if this one was also codeveloped by FlightSim Studios (same as the DG1001E)?

1 Like

Stunning descriptions, makes one pick up every single one of the planes in your list! Must resist though, Wilma wants to explore the breathless beauty that is New Zealand! Was worth the risk when I got there yesterday on fumes and hopeful thinking. (And cheating a bit with a strong tailwind.)

1 Like

My January 2023 top ten was post #3109.

Here is my February 2023 list, in alphetical order:

• //42 FreedomFox / Fox2
  • Ant’s Airplanes Tiger Moth
  • Blackbird Simulations DHC-2 Beaver (w/ GotFriends Expansion Pack)
  • Blackbird Simulations C310
  • FlightFX SF50 Vision Jet
  • FlyingIron Simulations F6F Hellcat
  • Got Friends Mini-500
  • Got Friends PZL-104 Wilga 35/80
  • JustFlight PA-28R Turbo Arrow III/IV
  • SimWorksStudios Kodiak 100

I’ve been frequently flying the default Asobo Cessna 172 G1000 with the Boris Audio Works Sound Set this month. The sound set really makes the 172 a much more interesting and engaging aircraft. If this were a top 11 list, I’d inlclude it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks! I concur, it is difficult with so many EXCELLENT choices these days. Wilma definitely requires some quality NZ time for sure! I’m loving the approach they took on the latest NZ world update, with TIN imagery of sparsely placed buildings, and select very small areas. Wilma could just drop in on any old patch for a closer look. I have only looked at Wellington and of course Hobbiton (we need a mod to enter the interior of a Hobbit House though). Can’t wait to work my way through the rest of it!

2 Likes