Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

Spot on with that list!

My February list comprises rediscovering some aircraft that I hadnā€™t flown in a while, but were already in my top choices. As such, very little change.

If you decided to re-institute any kind of ranking, the Fenix A320 will be far, far, far away my number 1 due to the dedication, work and passion that the devs have put into their product. While I didnā€™t really think when I bought the A320 originally that I would buy the 319/321 if they became available in the future, I am definitely doing so now! Given that the Block 2 update is going to be free (and it never should have been), I will support those guys however and whenever I can.

February list:
Fenix A320
HPG H160
HPG H145
Taogā€™s Lama
AzurPoly C-160 Transall
SWS Kodiak
F-35
IFT/Heatblur F-14 (despite some shortcomings, Iā€™ve really grown to like it)
Black Square Analog King Air
FlyingIron Sptifire

Changes: Added = IFT/Heatblur F-14; Removed = DC Designs F-14.

5 Likes

My Feb 24 list, no changes to the Aircraft, just a reordering due to my months flying, mainly my beloved Spitfire but after buying the Tomb and revisiting the Hawk and Tiffie.

1. Flying Irons Spitfire
  2. DC Designs Phantom FGR2
  3. Just flight Hawk T1
  4. CJ Simulations Typhoon
  5. Just Flight PA-28 161 Warrior II
  6. Asobo C-208 with the improvement Mod
  7. Dave Garwoods Hawker Hunter (Freeware)
  8. Flying Irons BF 109
  9. Fsadnis Hurricane (Freeware)
  10. Flight Replicas P40

Jan 24 list

1. Flying Irons Spitfire
  2. DC Designs Phantom FGR2
  3. Asobo C-208 with the improvement Mod
  4. CJ Simulations Typhoon
  5. Just flight Hawk T1
  6. Just Flight PA-28 161 Warrior II
  7. Dave Garwoods Hawker Hunter (Freeware)
  8. Flying Irons BF 109
  9. Fsadnis Hurricane (Freeware)
  10. Flight Replicas P40
2 Likes

I havenā€™t posted in a while but have recently started flying again:

1. A2A Comanche - it makes me want to go through the procedures and fly the plane by the book. Something I was never interested in as an Xbox owner who just wanted to do fun short bush flights and never cared about ā€œrealismā€. The sounds alone make you be able to diagnose a plane without even having to look at the instruments.

2. Wilga - the fact that I can actually land it anywhere and typically struggle with taildraggers.

3. Sting S4 - This was my A2A before the A2A was released because it helped me become a better pilot. Also the visibility is incredible.

4. Islander - Very easy to start and will always hold a place in my heart because itā€™s such a clunker/rust box.

5. Long EZ - Itā€™s a canard which means you can fly it at incredible altitudes for literally thousands of miles. Think a glider that is powered but otherwise super simple.

6. Caproni C-22 - super simple jet to fly that feels like a sports car. Very affordable add on that despite being released years ago still holds up

7. Zenith 701 sim works studios - very fun low and slow plane

8. Kodiak, fantastic plane but havenā€™t flown it in two years for no particular reason

9. DoubleEnder - A plane with amazing views, and objectively can recommend. But for me I never really fell in love with it like the Wilma.

10. MB-339 Fighter Plane - There are faster jets and better looking jets. But this one has amazing handling and feels like itā€™s always giving you 100% with analog gauges.

8 Likes
  1. A2A Comanche - Finally a great replacement for my Simcoders SF260 that was getting very old as my super fidelity small fragile plane. Great for my USA VOR tour.
  2. Blackbird C310 - almost as good as the one above, while overall being ā€œcoolerā€ and ready for icing. Finished my South America VOR tour with it and now flying to Alaska to cross to Japan.
  3. Flight FX Hondajet - I donā€™t like modern planes, but this one is so modern itā€™s totally cool again. Even if chatGPT and all of my study level airliners would have a baby together, it would not be as smart as this one. Would never think this would be my type of plane, but totally love it.
  4. Gotfriends Wilga - lots of lovely buttons and switches in a perfect small bush plane.
  5. Asobo Antonov An-2 - Simply ooozes immersion, takes a lot of passengers for FS Economy flights and is actually landable after the last changes.
  6. Blackbird/Asobo Beaver - Would be a perfect base for a high fidelity high feature plane, but oh well, still a perfect base plane without many features. Very good flight model for hand flying!
  7. Asobo DC-3 with mods - Similar to the 2 above. A great experience!
  8. SWS PC12 - Good base with hardcore physics that were luckily not dumbed-down, but still a long way to go, to be a top plane, imho.
  9. Flyingiron P38 - Great, realistic warbird that is actually easy to fly.
  10. Black Square Analog Caravan - because itā€™s just the classic FS Economy plane with some added system failure spice.
11 Likes

Flown regularly = more **

1. A2A Commanche ***
  2. Black Square TBM 850 ***
  3. Ants Tigermoth ***
  4. Golden Age Stearman
  5. GotFriends Wilga **
  6. FsReborn Sting S4 **
  7. Black Square Baron
  8. Blackbird Cessna c310 **
  9. Simworks Kodiak 100*
  10. WBSim c172 *

NOTE - aircraft with no stars
Golden Age Stearman - new, not much chance to fly it, yet but looking good
Black Square Baron - great fast steam gauge twin that I do really like but I tend to go for the c310 or TBM850 most times I need a fast GA

4 Likes

February 2024 list

A2A Comanche - Lot of ā€œcanā€™t believesā€ upcoming. Canā€™t believe they managed to get this on XBOX. Canā€™t believe it really does feel and fly the way people said it did. Canā€™t believe how many times Iā€™ve had to go to the thesaurus to find superlatives for this plane. Canā€™t believe how satisfying every interaction is with it. I love flying it, I love looking at it, I love just driving it around on the grass and listening to all the sounds. Iā€™ve said enough over in the Comanche thread (A2A Commanche 250 is on its way! (Released! July 2023) - #2219 by FL991R), but this is really next-level stuff and has completely reinvigorated my sim experience.

SWS Kodiak
BB BN2 Islander
Flysimware 414
SWS RV-10
FlyingIron P-38
GotFriends Savage Grravel
Carenado 170B
Carenado Archer II
FlightFX VisionJet

9 Likes

Iā€™ve only been playing regularly for about a month so can only list my top 3:

1. Fenix A320. Oh what a treat. Great immersion ā€“ yes, I call in the catering and luggage, watch it, and start cold/dark every single time. I love the newer technology when compared to the 737-800. Bought the Thrustmaster Captain Pack (stick and throttle) specifically for this airplane.

1. Kodiak 100 - Sheā€™s touchy, squirrelly, sassy and has attitude. Not an easy plane to control on the ground or the air, but rewarding. Great fidelity. Use my Yoko yoke for this one, and picked up the RealSimGear auto pilot panel for the Garmin G1000.

2. PMDG 737-800. Just well done.

5 Likes

My last top 10 !

1. Black Square Analog Caravan 208

2. Piper Comanche 250 by A2A

3. Black Square Beechcraft King Air 350

4. TBM-850 by Black square

5. C152 JPL by Weptburrito

6. WeptBurrito Cessna 172 enhancement mod

7. Black Square Bonanza

8. Cessna C414 by Flysimware

9. Blackbird DHC2 Beaver

10. FBW A320NX

no change just adjusted the order to match better my flight times

4 Likes

Since last monthā€™s list, Iā€™m still flying and enjoying the Vulcan a lot, taking it on a couple of long distance treks including coast-to-coast jaunts across Africa and the US. Iā€™ve also gone back to the Kodiak as I needed something more suitable for my trip along the length of the Himalayas and remembered how well this aircraft still holds up. Something exceptional would have to come along to get this booted.

Iā€™ve also finally taken the dive into helicoptors after failing dismally at them when they came out. Iā€™m using the default G2 and I think itā€™s an excellent introduction. The model is good, the flight model is great for a beginner and itā€™s an excellent addition to the sim. I often forget to look at the default offerings in the sim as often they seem a bit sterile to me, but Iā€™m glad I did in this case.

Once Iā€™ve spent some time in the G2, I might have a chance to properly use some of the aircraft I got in the January sales.

New List - not in order
Just Flight - Vulcan
Flying Iron - P-38
Just Flight - Turbo Arrow
SWS - Kodiak
Flying Iron - Spitfire Mk IXc
FS Reborn - Sting S4
Just Flight - Hawk T1
Flyboy Simulations - Rans S6S
Got Friends - Wilga
Asobo - Cabri G2

Old list:
Just Flight - Vulcan
Flying Iron - P-38
Just Flight - Turbo Arrow
SWS - Kodiak
Flying Iron - Spitfire Mk IXc
FS Reborn - Sting S4
Just Flight - Hawk T1
Carenado - V35
Flyboy Simulations - Rans S6S
Got Friends - Wilga

6 Likes

Didnā€™t put in a list for Jan (nor Dec it seems?), as I was without my flying hardware over the long summer break down south. Did spend a lot of time in the sim though just editing GSX profiles for the three dozen or so airports where DHL has cargo flights landing from the Leipzig hub. Because my wife gave me the Ini A300-600 for Christmas, so finally a decent freighter!

Old list:

GF F4F Wildcat

A2A Comanche

Fenix A320

AzurPoly C-160 Transall

BBS BN2 Islander

JF BAe 146

MS/ATsim Antonov An-2

FI P-38 Lightning

BBS Shorts (mainly 360)

BBS Cessna L19 Bird Dog

New list:

BBS BN2 Islander - now more than ever due to the recent Caribbean WUā€¦

A2A Comanche - the most enjoyable to fly at the moment.

JF BAe 146 - now flying the pax version again after it did DHL duties for a while, and a good fit for regional routes up and down Australiaā€™s eastern coast; looking very much forward to the improved F28-like cabin that is coming.

FBW A320neo - still edging the Fenix at this time, might change with the latterā€™s Block 2 update.

Ini A300-600 - itā€™s like the A320 and the 146 had a (giant) baby: old-fashioned instrumentation but still quite modern NAV/FMS, a yoke to go with my Honeycomb setup but familiar Airbus logic, and as I said above, the long-awaited cargo hauler.

AzurPoly C-160 Transall - also recently updated and improved, and very satisfying to operate.

MS/ATsim Antonov An-2 - just great fun, and also a perfect use case for my Xtouch panel because I donā€™t have to remember the cyrillic labelling in the cockpit!

FI P-38 Lightning - winning over the GF Wildcat just because I happen to like the real-life plane better.

MS/HH ATR72 - pushing out the BBS Shorts simply due to the fact current Air NZ flights can be simulated with the former.

BBS Cessna L19 Bird Dog - still the best sightseeing plane I reckon, although I also recently tried the SWS Zenith again and liked it a lot better after that got updated, and the GF Monster NXCub will be a contender again with the new G3X from WT after SU15 (however once ATSim release a new Bird Dog, that may become the favourite).

8 Likes

Just a short message to anyone here interested in voting on my NEW(ish) Topic focusing on FREEWARE ONLY AIRCRAFT.

Iā€™ve adapted the Thread I started to find the winner of the 2023 Freeware Award, so check out the new Post 1 text and vote here if you wish:

:free: The current standings are here:

2 Likes

Keeping the core list the same. These are top quality addons unlikely to move for a while, even if I donā€™t fly them all every month.

• Fenix A320
  • HPG H145 (with action pack and anytime-anywhere fs.to missions)
  • Cirrus Vision Jet
  • A2A Piper Comanche
  • FlyingIron Spitfire
  • Kodiak

My remaining slots will be used for whatever else Iā€™ve been enjoying each month.

And this time around that is the excellent BN Trislander. When I donā€™t have 1.5h to fit in a short A320 flight the Trislander is perfect for a 30 minute two segment trip island hopping in the Channel Islands or Caribbean or anywhere really. Three prop engines, plenty of quirkiness, and oh that noise. Flies great, everything works, whatā€™s not to like? Itā€™s so ugly itā€™s cute - like a tortoise.

6 Likes

Do you recommend that we donā€™t include freeware in our top ten list here and submit to the other thread unless it spills over to more than 5?

Will the freeware thread be updated monthly like this one or yearly like you did last time?

I vote we keep freeware in here, letā€™s not be separationist.

1 Like

My thinking is just along the lines that Iā€™ve never felt it fair to put freeware up against payware and very good freeware risks being lost among the payware.

Idea is Free ones can (and should) still be mentioned here in your main Top 10ā€™s. If a free product is one of your Top 10, so be it. I will not be filtering them out.

The FREE chart will be updated as I do it - so itā€™s dynamic, not monthly. That is the best way for me in terms of workload and I will be linking to the Free chart from the monthly summary so viewers can get all the info they need and get involved at both sides if they wish.

4 Likes

I forgot to vote in January. This is my February list (which is the same since mid 2023 at least). One thing I have to admit to this forum thread is my Comanche still did not make it to Australia. It is parked somewhere in Indonesia because I finally bought FS2Crew SOP 1 for the PMDG 737 in a sale and I like it so much that I did not leave the cockpit for months. When asked outside this forum I swear I have parked the Comanche only for one reason: I want to make a screenshot of a birds nest when I return.

• A2A Comanche
  • Antonov AN-2
  • Asobo Diamond DA62X with mrtommymxr improvement mod
  • C414
  • Cessna 152 with wbsim/jplogistics mod
  • Fenix A320
  • JF Piper Arrow III
  • PMDG 737-700
  • PMDG DC6
  • Wilga
4 Likes

Havenā€™t voted in months. So hereā€™s my recent top ones:

1. A2A Comanche
  2. FlyingIron Spit
  3. Denarq Mod - Beech 18
  4. SWS Kodiak 100
  5. Black Square Bonanza
  6. Milviz Corsair
  7. Antā€™s Tiger Moth
  8. SWS Zenith
  9. C172 Bagolu
  10. BN2 Islander

Really though, the top 5 get most of my attention.

6 Likes

Still thinking through my current top 10 (thereā€™s now a serious amount of really great aircraft to choose fromā€¦)

Just one thought, scrolling through the last little while on here: hardly a mention of the FSRebornM500, which is puzzling me! Iā€™m flying it a lot recently and really enjoying it. Just me?

2 Likes