Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft

Lol. I don’t mean any offence and certainly am not targeting you here but I see a fair few people that ONLY fly this plane. Or only Passenger Jets in general.

I see the appeal but surely you can’t experience what this game world really has to offer unless you zip around low and slow also.

Do you never take a slower plane out for a “look around”? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Matchrocket Just a heads-up, the continued development on the G36 has moved to GitHub - 50North4West/MSFS-G36-Improvement-Mod: This is the G36 Improvement Mod, (originally started by FrettFs) now hosted and maintained here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Each to their own of course, but flying at 38000 feet, point to point, IFR, is a bit boring, in my opinion.

7 Likes

Hi. I’m also ex-RAF Chivenor. Still live in the area and use Chivenor as base for many a flight

1 Like

My Top 5 Aircraft at the moment

• Aerosoft CRJ (I’m mainly using the 900, IMO best airliner in sim right now & I’m not even missing the A320NX)
  • Just Flight Warrior II (I don’t own the other Arrows, but the Warrior is superb for fundamental skills training, just turn the darn GPS off (who needs them anyway) and fly VOR’s & NMB’s and radials instead)
  • Just Flight Hawk T1/A (I need to spend more time with this aircraft but it looks fantastic (incredibly well detailed) and flies absolutely superbly. Also comes with Red Arrows liveries.
  • HPG H145 (superb feature rich heli, very nice to fly and has variants available)
  • Aerosoft Twin Otter (I have the sound mod installed, but it’s a nice aircraft for short regional island hopping)

Right now I’m spending most of my current sim time split between the top two in that list though.

3 Likes

As of right now -

!. Milviz Porter
2. SWS Kodiak
3. Flysimware C414AW
4. Just Flight Warrior
5. Carenado C337

(5.5. Just Flight Hawk, Monster NXCub, GotFriends Optica)

3 Likes

Planes I’ve been flying the most recently:

1: Grumman Goose
2: //42 Freedom Fox
3: MilViz Porter
4: DC Designs Stearman
5: GotFriends Optica

2 Likes

In no particular order:

• ATSimulations Fw.149D
  • AzurPoly Fouga Magister
  • Flysimware Cessna 414AW Chancellor
  • Carenado C337 Skymaster
  • Flyinside Bell 47G

1: FBW A320 - best freeware project, like zibo 737 in x-plane 11
2: P-38 L - really beauty and some first simulated features in msfs (oxygen) or altitude impact on engines
3: PC-6 Milviz - I love the beta-feature - diving at 15° :wink: & really cool to land because of its STOL
4: M20R Mooney - my first payware - I love this little thing
5: Twin Otter - I like this plane. I like the features. It is a beauty and has skies + floats

2 Likes
  1. Milviz Porter
  2. BlackBox Islander
  3. Just Flight Hawk
  4. //42 Freedom Fox
  5. IndiafoxtEcho F-35
2 Likes
  1. H145. Just amazing fun both in VR and on the screen. Beautifully modelled and lots of variations and options. Its really just endless fun.

2. MB-339. The first fast jet we got in the sim and still my favourite. Its a beautiful model and a joy to fly. I love the fact its a fast jet but its not too fast.

3. The Twin Otter. Technical issues aside, its such an iconic plane and its beautifully modelled. Lots of variations and its really versatile. Perfect for exploring the world.

4. The Carenado Seneca. I can’t quite put my figure why I love this plane so much but I just do. Love the model and the sounds. Its just a joy to fly.

5. F-14. Iconic plane, beautifully modelled and like all my favourite planes its just a great plane to fly. I love the flight model. It gets the balance spot on between fun and challenging.

Not far behind any of these planes is the F-35, F-16, Hawk and Icon A5. These are all the planes I fly the most and have the most fun with.

4 Likes

The planes i enjoy the most currently are

• p44 seminole
  • p28 arrow 3 from just flight
  • c152 with the jp-mod
  • grob tutor.

And very recently

• c414a from flightsimware

I am loving this thread.

A few things worth noting.

1. I can tell with 90+% certainty if someone is from the UK or the USA based upon the order in which they rank the P38 and Spitfire.

2. There are a few kinds of virtual pilot who are emerging from this thread. The warbird pilots, GA pilots, and airliner pilots.

3. We finally have so many good planes available there is real diversity in almost everyone’s list.

4. The Twin Otter gets more love in this thread than it gets in its OWN thread.

5. Some of the stock planes hold their own to this day and many, if not most of us include at least one stock plane in our top five.

12 Likes

I’m English and I prefer the P-38 :joy:

It is a close run thing, mind you. Haha.

2 Likes

Which Carenado?

1 Like

Same here. Although I think for me it’s just Spitfire fatigue. You see them all the bloody time lol.

2 Likes

Meanwhile I’m Canadian and love the F4U Corsair (FG1D)…. LOL. But the Spitfire MKIX is my second. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Seneca. Sorry I meant to add that in. I’ve just corrected it.

1 Like

I think I’ll let the thread run for another week or so then tally up the planes mentioned and make a table of results to see what the final order averaged out looks like!

Maybe I’ll give each plane points (5 for 1st down to 1 for 5th) but I see a few people have said “in no particular order”, so probably fair enough just to count the mentions and rank it that way.

5 Likes

A tally sounds like a cool idea!

1. PMDG DC-6
  2. FBW A32NX
  3. Aerosoft CRJ
  4. WT CJ4
  5. sws quest kodiak with WT garmin mod

Unfortunately I didn’t have room in only 5 for military/GA. Honorary mentions to Milviz Corsair/ Flying Iron P38/ Indiafoxtecho F35/ just flight piper

1 Like