Your opinion on thrustmaster airbus side stick

If you’re planning to use it with the A320 (whatever flavor), then you probably can’t go wrong as it’s the closest to the real deal as available on the market today.

Speaking from the viewpoint of someone who flies mostly General Aviation, it’s been a great replacement to my decades old Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro (non-Force Feedback). That old stick served me well through many iterations of Flight Simulators past as well as other sims.

By itself, it’s perfectly fine. The number of buttons is very helpful to get most of my often-used commands off the keyboard. If you don’t have the Throttle set yet, the built-in throttle does a reasonably decent replacement job.

Beyond that, be aware that many of us who bought the TCA had to disassemble the stick part and re-run the wires leading to the rudder potentiometer as it was “nervous” out of the box, indicating there was uncommanded inputs to the rudder (confirmed through Windows Game Controller calibration app). It’s a very simple fix, you just need the right sized Philipps head screwdriver and you can do it yourself .

That’s it from my perspective. Enjoy!

5 Likes