I am enjoiyng my VR in past week. The thing is, that there is just lots of testing and trying, wich settings are just for you.
I want to tell my latest experience. Past 4 days i have flyed and read this forum. Lots of good stuff and anklowelence here. I have used OpenXR´s motion repojection, but i know how it works so i just tested new old method… without it.
- 9900KS underclocked to 4,8ghz (Boost is 5,1). Very cool and quiet
- 3080ti underclocked (Very cool and quiet)
- 32gb ddr4
- 40gb virtual ram (Pagefile)
- Lasso (to disable 1. and alast thread (affinity) from all the other aplications but FS2020, FS2020 uses those thread full 100%)
- CleanMEM monitor, it cleans my ddr4 and its cache with 1min intervall.
Basicly i just had to lower my other setting to have smooth stutterles VR. So here what i did
- updated yesterday OpenXR in Win store -) library -) update
- updated Nvidia driver last week
- did order new cable to G2 from HP (free)
- locked fs2020 fps to 45fps via Nvidia control panel
- “prefer maximum performance” in NCP
- Best visual quality in MRP (setting is inside of WIN10)
- 90hz refresh rate of G2
- disabled Motion reprojection
- 80% Custom render scale (OpenXR)
- 80% Render scale (FS2020)
- LOD´s 100/100
- FS2020 Graphics: settings medium
My test area is Helsinki with Photogrammetry and with Helsinki Metropolitan landmarks ( i made that addon). It is very FPS unfriendly place, but now it was pleasure to fly with VR. No stutters at all and i can clearly see my intruments in cockpit. Howewer, i van increase those settings in country side to 90/90 to have same smooth experience but not to 100/100. Clouds are pretty bad for fps and smoothness, but it is very cool to
So, we just need to wait Asobo implement NIS to the simulator? Or is there other way to have some AI sharpeness/clearness?
What is the settings i should try to lower in simulator, so i can try 90/90 in Helsinki?
Tell settings you use for a smooth VR experience.