Your TOP 5 World Enhancement Mods

Bijan is but unless I’ve misunderstood the Bijan thread the xbox version doesn’t have all of the improvements that the PC version has. I haven’t seen Antarctica add-on, perhaps I missed it?

I haven’t followed it closely but I believe it’s just the Terrain Masks that are not included. On PC they are “experimental” and actually I decided not to use them because they do cause weird problems in some areas (took me too long to figure out it was the Masks causing it, lol)

If just the standard tree colour and types modifications are on Xbox, I would highly recommend it. It makes such a difference to not have the same 2 green tones of trees everywhere if you like flying low.

1 Like

Here is the first ordered chart collating everyone’s choices so far (also replaced in first post).

There are 39 different items mentioned. Clearly there are some hot favourites at the top.

I decided to include the whole image of all choices, not just the top part, as the point of this thread is discovery so the lower part of table may actually be more relevant than those items that everyone already knows about.

I will keep this updated based on quantity of replies. Probably weekly :wink:

11 Likes

There’s too much good stuff so I’m gonna split payware & freeware. Even then it doesn’t do everything justice. I’m purposefully not including airports here so in no particular order with 5 of each…

Payware

• Everything by Bijan Habashi. A must have imho.
  • LatinVFR AREX
  • SouthOak Co - FSBirds (now covers the UK, France & Spain) - Having birds scream past as you’re on finals is so immersive and it looks totally realistic
  • LatinVFR Global Vehicle traffic
  • Almost any of the ORBX city packs

Freeware

• Gaist V2
  • WeLoveVFR
  • Project Lifts
  • AIG
  • North Sea and Santa Barbara area oilrigs (both available on Flightsim.to)
2 Likes

New discovery for the Global Improvements theme :wink:

2 Likes

My top 5 “make MSFS better” packs

1. Puffin Flight - We Love VFR 1 (F)
  2. Mamu Design - Powerlines & Solar Farms (F)
  3. Henrik Nielsen - Global AI Ship Traffic (F)
  4. Sir_vAce - Normandy (F)
  5. Superspuds Carriers

Troglodytus has created a few of the DEM upgrades around Europe, including the Canary islands, and has made some great Airports together with Littlekrg.

As the Austria DEM is now obsolete, I’d like to introduce the Carriers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had problems with the Troglodytus Meshes since SU8. Had to remove them as they were causing MAHHUSIVE stutters for me. It’s probably my underpowered CPU but before SU8 it was fine. Weird.

1 Like
  1. Troglodytus - 10M DEM for Austria (F)

obsolete

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I can slim my community folder down a little :+1: :smile:

I only had problems with one of the Troglodytus Meshes but I don’t remember which one it was…

For XBOX with the sale going on it’s a good time to grab some stuff.

Not sure if all are on sale because I own them but most of my stuff shows up in the ‘special buy section’, meaning I paid full sticker for a bunch…

Global shipping
Weather Presets
Birds for your region(s)
Bijan boats/islands
Airport textures
Bijan trees, pick your season(s).

Good airports with scenery adds:
-Princess Juliana(4 airports and scenery mods) with 2 very challenging airports properly detailed-people on the beach and in the terminals, fleshed out marinas, and with Global Shipping for the region added, you can pretty much vacation there…
-Hollywood/Ft Lauderdale, models the entire shipping yard nearby, FL coast is particulary blank, this gives a good jump off point with international capability, also with Global Shipping is a quite busy place
-Key West, gives you Loggerhead lighthouse and Ft Jefferson too(seaplane base only)
-Tiny Cat Cay models the entire island with more ‘humans’ and details. Makes for an easy fully detailed half hour flight from Hollywood to Cat Cay in a GA aircraft for a quick tropical ‘international’ flight.
-KDCA and Washington DC scenery(which includes 4 airports) Adds boats, bridges, a working metro train(KDCA), Pentagon, Crystal City, etc, A ton of stuff with those two
-All the small HI airports adds stuff like a surfer, a flying glider, scenery enhancements-especially the adjacent waterfront(s), people, etc, small basic airports but makes it feel like you work there as an air taxi. And there’s other ‘humans’ around-it makes a difference.

All of these look better with photogrammetry off with brighter landscapes and better frame rates(they’re not enhanced anyway).

I know we’re talking global enhancements, but some airports are exceptional adding life to the areas around them.

1 Like
  1. Mamu Design’s Project Lifts - I’m a skier and this really makes the mountains come alive for me, esp in VR
  2. Mamu Design’s Power Lines and Solar - never realized how much I must’ve noted their absence only subconsciously. Power lines esp add to VR realism
  3. Bijan’s Seasons - 'nuff said. Pretty much a must-have imo.
  4. Ezro’s collection of high-quality, low-frame-impact Spanish photogrammetry really fleshes out Spain filling in the gaps left after the recent World Update. His coverage of Alicante is breathtaking!
  5. rkbridger’s bridge project, esp his NYC, Pittsburgh and Mississippi River collections

Honorable Mention: AIG traffic. This will certainly rise in my rankings as soon as I can invest the time and patience to get it properly and consistently configured.

6 Likes

Gah! Forgot Henrik Nielsen’s Global Shipping! Another Honorable Mention (sneaking my list count to 7!) Waterways, lakes, seas, and port approaches come alive!

2 Likes

My selections are :roll_eyes:

Payware:

1. Bijan Studios both, 4Sesons & Islands, sunk boats…
  2. LatinVFR Arex ALL & Traffic ALL
  3. Proyect Coast Line Italy

Freeware:

1. We love VFR, both 1 & 2
  2. Vessels: Core seafron simulation
  3. WorkingTile ALL

Do Ezros mods still work then? I removed them, and Mgh65s Gib Oli refinery scenery, as I was getting CTD as soon as I crossed the African coastline.
I love that stretch of coastline from Alicante to Valencia…

Hey @TohtliPilot
Just wondering how you want me to deal with your choices as technically you have 8 there.
Shall I just take the payware or do you wanna put any of the 3 free ones above?

YES! :crazy_face: I list 5 Payware and 5 Freeware … SORRY :roll_eyes:

Umm still doesn’t make sense. I can add all 10 but there is only 3 freeware on your list. (I’m counting We Love VFR 1 and 2 together but even so that’s only 4 on your list).

Have you got another 2 free ones to add? :wink:

Yes, I’ve had no problem with all of his Spain mods loaded. I’m on SU8 and all WUs are installed. I previously had DEM data for the Pyrenees that caused stutters and occasional CTDs anytime another mod was within oh, say, 50 or 60 km of the edge of the DEM files. So I’ve removed that from Community and all is well.

1 Like

I’ve shared this before, but here is my list.

1 Like

Nice list. Is that just stuff you own? Do you wanna pick a Top 5? :slight_smile: