Your TOP 5 World Enhancement Mods

I recently started a thread about Your Top 5 Aircraft (you can find it here: Your Current TOP 10 Aircraft) and think it would also be interesting to do similar for other content mods and Addons.

This is mainly in the hope that I will find something amazing that I may have missed, but will hopefully help others discover some cool new content too.

However I do have some “rules and requirements”, so that the list is not too broad in scope. Namely:

• Your Top 5 should be global or regional enhancements to the world and improve or expand the flying experience. The main focus being: ADDING LIFE TO THE WORLD.
  • Important to note that they don’t necessarily need to be something you would keep or use/visit forever. Once you’ve looked around you may have had enough but could still appreciate the content at the time.
  • Focus is on content that gives you something new to do or see in the world. Think “activities and visual improvements” rather than “utilities and functionality”.
  • No single airports or single cities (photogrammetry etc) Addons. There will be too many suggestions and too influenced by where you live. EDIT: see link at bottom of this post for my new Airports Chart topic)
  • No aircraft (use the other thread for those).
  • Mainly I’m looking for “packs” that have a single folder or installer, but add a large area (region) or global changes to the base sim.
  • Ideal examples: Orbx Antarctica Rothera & Beyond pack / We Love VFR / We Have Hippos / Okavango Delta / Powerlines & Solar Farms / Weather Presets / REX Runway Textures. Stuff like that.
  • Not so much things like Toolbar Pushback, as useful and essential that it is, but it’s not what I mean for this list. Feel free to mention things like that but I may not include them in the tally or I will make TWO lists. 1) Permanent can’t live without mods and 2) Interesting activities and scenery addons.

So what are the 5 things you either couldn’t do without or have had the most engaging time with due to the size and quality of content?

Please leave a link to where it can be downloaded if appropriate. Thanks.

Here is the newest chart snapshot:

P = Payware // F = Freeware
PC = PC Only // P/X = PC & Xbox

Full PDF Download:

If you need LINKS TO DOWNLOADS, I’ve put together a Google Sheet including all the mods in the charts here: MSFS World Enhancement Mods - Google Sheets

===== ABOUT SCORING =====
Your choices get points from 5 to 1 (5 for your top pick). If you can’t decide on an actual order you can say so and each entry will get 3pts, so the total is still 15 (5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 15)

If you want to let us know about your favourite Airports, you can visit my new topic here: Your TOP Airport Addons

14 Likes
  1. Everything Bijan has done
  2. We Love VFR
  3. Mr Proper’s Enhanced Live Traffic
  4. Global AI Ship Traffic
  5. SkyPark/NeoFly – I want to put these on the same level as they are two different ways to achieve a similar feeling to me. Both have Pros and both have Cons, obviously. I have used and enjoyed both.
1 Like

I like the features of Neofly but the interface puts me off using it to be honest. I see he’s working on improving that design, but the SkyPark GUI is so slick and feels like it’s totally integrated into the game that it makes it so much nicer to use, even though currently it’s actually quite simple in terms of “tasks”.

I like it though. Don’t use it often as I don’t have much flying time but when I just want to do an A to B stint it’s perfect.

1 Like
  1. Henrik Nielsen’s - Global AI Ship Traffic (F)
  2. Puffin Flight - We Love VFR 1&2 (F)
  3. Bijan Studios - 4 Seasons (P)
  4. Luke Air Tool (F)
  5. FS Realistic (P)

And of course things like Working Title, but that would probably be more aircraft system spesific.

2 Likes

Stuck in XBox land so no love VFR or traffic mods for me…

1: Seafront Global shipping both standard and the enhanced St Marteen(WOW!) area
Note: we’re not doing scenery, but with St Marteen’s scenery pack, holy ■■■■ that area looks good with GS too.
2: Bijan Studios Islands/boats update(I do a lot of seaplanes/island hopping hence
1&2)
3: So Co Birds! Don’t have all regions, and not perfect, but ■■■■ I love them anyway, even see them when I’m bobbing around in the ocean at Loggerhead Island. By gosh something’s ALIVE!
4: Airport ground textures
5: Bijan Seasons

Had a 5 minute love affair with static aircraft, and a month now I hate having bought it when I see my uninstalled list in manager…

3 Likes

Not sure in which order to rate them, all of them are great and a must-have for me:

• Bijan’s seasons and “Islands and boats” (payware)
  • GAIST ships (freeware)
  • WE love VFR (freeware)
  • Aerosoft Simple Traffic (payware)
  • Arex airport vehicles (all regions), plus another one for road vehicles) (payware)
  • Andres 3D airport lights (freeware) (no more dark aprons in non custom airports when flying at night)
    That’s six, not five, but all of them are five stars for me… :slight_smile:
2 Likes

kinda biased on this :rofl:

what I love as well is

• Seafront Global Shipping
  • We love VFR
  • Enhanced Airport Graphics
  • Return to Misty’s Mooring
3 Likes

Hi,

Here are my “Community” always loaded mods:

1. Bijan Studios - 4 Seasons (P)
  2. Puffin Flight - We Love VFR 1/2 (F)
  3. Mamu Design - Powerlines & Solar Farms (F)
  4. Mamu Design - Project Lifts (F)
  5. Henrik Nielsen - Global AI Ship Traffic (F)

I think they are “must have” for VFR, and I also love them for Touching Cloud gliding competitions.

For the French Lovers, you should also have a look at the wonderful France VFR - France VFR Nord-Ouest (P). It’s not only more than 30 well designed airport but also a complete rework on coastlines and vegetations. (EDIT: that’s my number 6. :wink: )

5 Likes

Thanks for the list. No worries about 6. What I did on the other thread for anyone that couldn’t decide on an order was give each 3pts so total was still 15. I’ll do that here but put all 6 in.

I should add this information to the first post!!

EDIT: actually it’s 7 lol. 4 Seasons and Project lslands is 2 separate entries. I’ll put all 7, just for you hehe :wink:

Thanks for letting me know about Default Wind Turbine replacement » Microsoft Flight Simulator, this is absolutely essential! I’ve had enough of sync’ed wind turbines.

3 Likes

No worries. This is largely the point of the thread. Glad it’s working :wink:

1. AIG Traffic
  2. Seafront Global Shipping
  3. We Love VFR
  4. SkyPark
  5. Orbx Alaska Mesh

FYI, you have Orbx listed as the dev for Antarctica, where it should be Aerosoft. On my list, those top 4 are pretty well rock solid, but there’s a dozen different things I could have counted at #5, including the other Orbx meshes, Seafront products, Mamu Designs freeware, the Africa products (Okavango Delta & Hippos), among many others. Also, looking to pick up REX AccuSeason, but haven’t done so yet. I’m sure it would have a shot of cracking this list too.

2 Likes

How’s does Aerosoft traffic compare against AiG

World Navaids - World Navaids » Microsoft Flight Simulator
We Love VFR Region 2 - We Love VFR - Region 2 » Microsoft Flight Simulator

That’s it for anything bigger than a single localized area.

1 Like

Great initiative! My list below. You can count the top 5 as tied for first place. For me they are honestly all significant improvements over the vanilla sim.

And THANK YOU LOTS to the freeware developers who allow us to inject some life into the virtual world of MSFS at no cost. You are incredible :star_struck:

Bijan 4 Seasons - Bijan Habashi
FS ATC Chatter - Stick and Rudder Studios
Zinertek Enhanced Airport Graphics - Zinertek
We Love VFR - PuffinFlight
Simple Traffic - AeroSoft
Airport Regional Environment X - LatinVFR
Powerlines and Solar Farms - mamu82
Global AI Ship Traffic - Henrik Nielsen et al.
World Navaids - FltsimFlyboy

Just discovered the Windturbines mod and will give that a spin… pun intended.

2 Likes

1 Bijans 4 seasons
2 We love VFR 1+2
3 GAIST
4 AIG
5 Mamu82 Powerlines+Solar Farms

2 Likes

1 Bijan four seasons (payware)
2 GAIST
3 France VFR Ile de France (payware)
4 We Love VFR 1 and 2
5 We Have Hippos

1 Like

If I thought the best planes thread was depressing for xbox, with most of the top contenders not available, this thread surely tops that by a large margin. Not only is most of this not available but likely most of it never will be.

I know you didn’t want airports but I’m going to ignore your rules and just say that the best airport has to be Fly Tampa’s Las Vegas KLAS. :smirk: The fact that it comes with so much of the city nicely modelled as well, it really sets the standard for how a first rate add-on should be presented, and it out does more expensive add-ons as well. Good during the day, but flying down The Strip at night is one of the best experiences available in the sim.

If you only buy one airport then buy this one! It even works reasonably well on xbox which is more than can be said of many others.

1 Like

Sorry about adding to your depression. It’s a big shame for sure. I guess there is potential for some of these freeware developers to decide to band together and package up their stuff into bigger “logically themed” packs and sell for real money on Xbox and share the profits but I doubt it would happen! Money on the table for them.

Edit: I’ll add your chosen airport for 5pts though :wink:

1 Like

Isn’t the Bijan stuff on Xbox (4 Seasons / Islands)? What about Seafront Simulations?

Orbx (GB Central / Catalina island)?
Aerosoft Antarctica?