Your TOP Airport Addons

PAKT is better IMO if you get the Northern Sky Studio (not ORBX - older) version. Comes with sea plane base. Nice and scenic area. I need to do a list for you.

1 Like

That was my fault. It’s indeed better and that’s the one i have. Google search mistake hence the ORBX one is the first one that comes up in google search results when i was setting up the links. I’ll edit my post.

@Baracus250 post edited above. Please remove the ORBX version.

2 Likes

Hmmm. Are you clicking that text though? It’s not the text you click but that is pointing to a little “down arrow” icon in the actual P/F column. It is on my screen at least!

Link swapped :wink:

Thing is, I fly everywhere. I suppose I have a few places that I use more often but usually I want to fly somewhere new.

If I’m stuck for ideas, quite often I shut my eyes and spin the world map for 5 seconds then zoom in and pick an airport near there. Other times I might load up SkyPark and carry on my “jobs” there (always leaving from the place I previously arrived at but this can take me in a direction I wouldn’t consider if I had to choose myself).

I still think I’ve barely scratched the surface of this sim though. Don’t have a massive amount of free time these days but I think this game will easily last me the rest of my life lol. Well, until they shut the servers down!!!

You certainly won’t have lots of free flying time with all of these top 5 threads to maintain!

Actually makes no difference :slight_smile:
I do these updates in little bits of time and breaks I get. I can’t even contemplate booting up the sim to fly!

1 Like

About LESU…

I was just checking out a few of the mentioned locations this evening and tried this one.

That is so BIZARRE. I randomly landed here a couple of weeks ago!!! But didn’t remember the name or code. When I’d landed I thought to myself “that was a great find”.

Love the way it’s perched on a flattened off hill. Approach through the wide valley (03) or coming from the other direction was very interesting (21) in that you have to hug the drop of that hill on approach in a faster plane to stay reasonably on the glide slope. I won’t forget this one now!!! :slight_smile:

Yeah the default seems pretty nice to me. Really worth to buy the Simultech one? @Majorlag9496

1 Like

One more “pack” from me:

Project Life Bahamas Megapack // Bahamas // PieFly // Free

Download: Project Life: Bahamas Megapack » Microsoft Flight Simulator

• Normans Cay // MYEN

• Arthur’s Town // MYCA

• Great Harbour Cay // MYBG

• New Bight // MYCB

• New Port Nelson // MYRP

The mod is not being updated any more and a few of the airports have bad data according to my Addons Linker checks, so I removed some (removed 5, leaving the list above as safe, although the others may well work also — just that I’m taking no CTD risks these days and Addons Linker could not “fix” the naming on those for some reason) but the rest still work fine and are superbly and richly detailed with a ton of creatively and well placed props bringing these locations to life in a way not many airports do. They need a few dependencies so that may not be suitable for you but I think they are worth a good look!

He is apparently working on a remaster to make it current. Also the link above needs Deluxe MSFS to appear in full. And finally the airports are not designed to look like they do in real life, rather he’s used “artistic license” to make them interesting. Good job I say!

I think it worth it for a small cost. Pleased that you like it

1 Like

One special new purchase of mine to add:

Sharktooth Ridge // 42ST // USA // Parallel 42 // Payware (only ~£5)

Download: 42ST Sharktooth Ridge - Orbx

Also on Marketplace.

Superb little scene!! Really nice added rock formations on the faces of the valleys. Lot of other smaller custom items and a few buildings stretching a fair distance away from the heart but the approach and landing here is SERIOUSLY challenging.

Really tight for manoeuvring space and it’s deep down in a gorge with a super short strip. Really tricky!! Got to get everything perfect to stand a chance of a clean landing and stopping in time. If you like bush flying and difficult landings, you’ve got to get this one!

STOL access ONLY!!!

1 Like

A couple more from me;

TNCM/TFFG Princess Juliana & Grand Case/St Maarten/Airworthy Designs/Payware

Also on the in-game marketplace.

Quite possibly the most famous approach in the world, flying onto Princess Juliana runway 10, right over Maho beach. The airport is modelled really well and included is a very good rendition of the other St Maarten airport, Grand Case. Great value.

EDDH/Hamburg/Simwings/Payware

Also on the in-game marketplace.

Another immaculately made airport by Simwings. They are expensive, but their attention to detail warrants the outlay. The airport and the surrounding area is modelled exceptionally well. And it’s one of my favourite cities in Germany. I have a soft spot for the country and it’s airports in general, I think.

1 Like

Nice one thanks.

To check on this:

TFFJ is actually St Barts I believe. TFFG is what you mean here right? That’s the double pack.

Yes you’re right, apologies I got the ICAO wrong. I’ll update.

1 Like

This thread needs more action @Baracus250. I’m happy to help. So here are a few more.

• Aerosoft Bavarian Airfields simMarket: CLEARPROPSTUDIOS - BAVARIAN AIRFIELDS 1 MSFS These highly detailed airfields feel like a sim within the sim. This ranks at the same level as something like NZA Mt. cook pack in terms of quality and immersion. It’s that good. Each airfield is insanely detailed and unique in terms of features, clutters etc. My personal favorite in the pack is EDPI Moosburg!

• Aerosoft St. Mary simMarket: AIRPORT ST. MARY MSFS. With all due respect to the amazing one on FSTO, but this one is just better. The custom mesh around the airport is just as charming as the airport itself.

3 Likes

Clearprop are excellent, I’ve seen a few of their sceneries on the in-game marketplace.

Top quality stuff. The only reservation i have (which is not the dev’s fault) is that photogrammetry is pretty bad in Germany right now, especially after the City update aftermath and those airfields seem to be definitely affected by a piece of the pie. Not sure how things will look after SU10, but i thought i’ll throw this out there.

1 Like

I may get a few of them they’re reasonably cheap. Bad photogrammetry not withstanding haha.

1 Like

Something different:

• Baadran Airstrip Baadaran Airstrip (Mount Lebanon) » Microsoft Flight Simulator. Two warnings before you download: It requires a lot of dependencies (but trust me you gonna need them to have the full experience) and it doesn’t have a parking spot on the map so you have to start from the runway. Other than that, it’s a masterfully done airstrip in a stunning location. From campfire animations, barbecue gatherings and smoke effects seen from the air… to tons of added 3d clutter, this one has it all. When you land, you can easily park on the side of the runway and it will be safe, since the runway has just enough space on the sides to do so.

It includes a very feature rich PDF manual to tell you everything you need to know about the airstrip, including the custom ICAO they made for it hence it does not have an identifier in real life.

2 Likes

Ah, I was researching this to death and couldn’t find an ICAO! Do you know what it is please?
Cheers!