Your TOP Airport Addons

Made by Simultech, right? If so, added! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

A couple more from me;

LGSK/Skiathos/Greece/Orbx/Payware

A stunning airport, with a challenging VOR NDB approach, 50 feet over a beach. Very similar to Maho Beach in St Maarten. The airport and surrounding scenery have been very well modelled;

Download LGSK Skiathos International Airport - Microsoft Flight Simulator - Orbx

Also on the in game marketplace.

NZWN/Wellington/New Zealand/Flightbeam/Payware

Mentioned before earlier in the thread. My new favourite, just a stunning airport, another lovely scenic approach over the coast, it can also be exceptionally challenging as the weather in Wellington is frequently awful, and so it can definitely be testing to land there.

Download Flightbeam NZWN (Prepar3D) – Flightbeam Webstore

On the in game marketplace also

2 Likes

Great idea for a helpful topic @Baracus250

Here are my top airport/airfield addons. I will add further comments and more suggestions over time. I presume we edit our original entry rather than add new posts (Edit: actually I will add new posts to make it easier for compilation purposes). All are payware unless indicated as Freeware.

NZNS Nelson Airport by NZA Simulations
New Zealand - a beautifully crafted rendition of this airport and surrounds. A great place to explore the mountains and valleys nearby and for flights to Wellington and other locations. NZA are very talented people.

NZWN Wellington Airport by Flightbeam
New Zealand - my favourite of the big cities in NZ. Flighbeam have done a splendid job of modelling NZWN and offer excellent after sales support.

NZMC Mount Cook by NZA Simulations
New Zealand - a real gem and a bargain for what you get. The team at NZA have done an amazing job here.

EGTK London Oxford by PilotPlus
UK - currently my favourite place to fly out of in the UK and has become a bit of a home base for me.

EGKB London Biggin Hill by PilotPlus
UK - a gift from my son. The iconic Biggin Hill is an interesting airfield with its hump and great for checking out London and surrounding areas.

YMEN Essendon Airport by Orbx
Australia - my home town so a great place to fly from for sightseeing around Melbourne when I get homesick. Very accurate if my memory serves. A great offering from Orbx.

EGSU Duxford Airfield by ChikoMick (Freeware)
UK - a truly excellent offering and free to download.

1 Like

I hope so! No worries :wink:

Actually better to add new posts. My method is to “heart” a post when I’ve added the items, so if you only edit a post it will make it harder for me to know where I’m at.

1 Like

LESU looks amazing in default, unless I am thinking of something else. It must have been updated when they did the WU.

2 Likes

Wellington (and NZ Payware in general) is of a very high standard. NZA and Flightbeam are exceptionally good at what they do.

LESU is excellent and is available on market place

The default version is great anyway. If memory serves me right, it was modelled by Gaya. One of the better scenery developers.

2 Likes

This is my condensed list. I’ll have a few more to add later:

• Flightbeam KDEN simMarket: DENVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT FOR MSFS
    One of my favorite developers. This airport may not be the best in terms of textures (i hear there’s a big update coming soon) but it’s so immersive and probably my favorite airport in the sim.

• Beautiful Model Of The World Genoa LIMJ simMarket: GENOA CRISTOFORO COLOMBO LIMJ MSFS. Immersion immersion immersion. You’ll notice this keyword mentioned a lot in the rest of my list. Beautiful location and a beautifully made airport.

• Iniscene Queenstown simMarket: INISCENE QUEENSTOWN NZQN MSFS. See the trend here? Immersion again. Nothing really needs to be said about this masterfully done scenery.

• Flightbeam Toulouse LFBO simMarket: LFBO TOULOUSE-BLAGNAC AIRPORT MSFS. The dev’s best airport in my opinion. You’ll get lost discovering a new details every time you’re there. Another testimony why this dev is one of my favorites.

• DRZEWIECKI DESIGN KDCA simMarket: KDCA WASHINGTON NATIONAL MSFS. Probably my most visited and spawned at airport. If you want the best of what MSFS has to offer, this ranks up there as a role model.

• FSDG Rhodes simMarket: FSDG - RHODES MSFS. Just a wonderful location. As typical of FSDG, they don’t just model the airport itself but also the entire island. They even have racing activities that you can watch in one of the airports included.

• Northern Sky Studio PAKT Ketchikan simMarket: KETCHIKAN INT - MSFS. Again, remember the keyword? A serene location to visit and experience. As usual, surroundings landmarks are included.

• NZA Simulations Nelson NZNS - Nelson - NZA Simulations. NZA doesn’t really make anything less than spectacular but this one is special in its own way. From the approach to the area surrounding, everything just compliments everything. And the airport itself is a clutter paradise.

• Orbx Catalina KAVX Catalina Airport - Microsoft Flight Simulator - Orbx. Again, it’s obvious why it’s in my list. All you have to do is look around the airport. Probably my most visited airport in the past month.

• FSDreamteam LFEQ simMarket: LFEQ QUIBERON AIRPORT FOR MSFS. What a beauty. This is why this dev is ranked among the best in my book. No i did not choose an international airport from their catalog, i chose this. Simplicity, tons of details and immersion cranked to 11. A must have airport in my opinion.

• Orbx Orcas Island KORS Orcas Island Airport - Orbx. It’s the location, it’s the immersion. Don’t ask me why it’s among my favorites.

That’s it for now, i’ll add more with another post later on.

3 Likes

I have Quiberon myself. I do use it quite a lot. Great approach coming in over the shoreline, it’s a pretty short runway too so requires a good degree of concentration.

1 Like

Nice. :sunglasses:
Admittedly I was sceptical when I first saw this post, but I have quickly added a bookmark. :+1:

One thing I did notice which I think would be useful would be a filter on Payware/Freeware. Currently column G has no filter, would be good to have that option too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it’s a useful thread as reading/watching online reviews, there can be an element of unconscious bias, invariably the reviewer has obtained the payware for free and may be swayed by this.

People on here are in a better position to offer opinion as they’ve shelled out their own hard-earned cash for it and can be objective in their observations.

Couldn’t not mention my home airports.

Glasgow // EGPF // Scotland // Pyreegue // Payware

Edinburgh // EGPH // Scotland // Pyreegue // Payware

These guys have produce stunning airports across the board, and I was super delighted when these two came along.

2 Likes

I’m going to add EGCO, London, Croydon to this. Not super detailed and still a work in progress but a great spot for planes like the Fokker VII and the Ju52… Recreation of Croydon Airport, London (Now Closed) 1930's / 1940's Representation » Microsoft Flight Simulator

1 Like

Good idea. I’m out and about at the moment, but will add all the latest additions and make this filter when I get back home. Cheers!

1 Like

This is another fantastic topic by @Baracus250 and can be a long list of airport. There are some really good and or interresting airport out there. Personally i like to fly to GA, regional and smaller international airport in (north/west) europe so i will keep some of the bigger international airports out of my list.

ENML Molde, Norway - Finn Hansen - ORBX.
Is a smaller international airport i an stunning surrounding between mountains, fjord and sea. Approach is interresting from both sides of the runway and the landing is big enough for a DC6 to land.
ENML Molde Airport - Microsoft Flight Simulator - Orbx (orbxdirect.com)

ENCN Kristiansand, Norway - Gaya Simulations
High quality airport on the southern tip of norway. Approach on runway 3 makes you fly from the sea, over the city and bay before landing on a visually stunning airport.
ENCN Kristiansand Airport - Microsoft Flight Simulator - Orbx (orbxdirect.com)

EKBI Billund, Denmark - Simnord - MSFS marketplace only
International airport with a terminal on the north side and a cargo area with hangers on the south side. I enjøy the south side of the airport the most. It offers a nice airport for som bigger aircraft like the dc6 as a base with airhauler2. The quality that simnord offers makes i one of the best airport developers in my book.
Billund Airport (MSFS Marketplace) – SimNord

EKSB Sonderborg, Denmark - Simnord - MSFS marketplace only
Regional airport for GA and smaller airliners like ATR 42/72. The airport har an interesting location in the baltic sea in the south of denmark. Wind is often a factor while landing here along the sea.
EKSB Sonderborg Airport (MSFS Marketplace) – SimNord

EFKI Kajaani, Finland - Ben Kleber, MSFS marketplace only
Regional airport with a sizable runway along a large lake in the center of Finland. Really good looking airport in terms of modelling and texturing.
[MFSF] EFKI // KAJAANI AIRPORT (KAJ/FINLAND) | FSDeveloper

ENST Sandnessjøen, Norway - FlyThreePeaks - published by aerosoft
Airport between the sea and the seven sisters mountains. The airport is a typical norwegian small regional airport with a small terminal and some buildings. The surroundings look stunning and de airport comes with a more detailed surrounding and height model. Been at the airport a couple of times and looks like the real thing in a stunning surrounding.
Aerosoft Airport Sandnessjøen-Stokka | Aerosoft Shop

EDWE Emden, Germany, Aviation-Sim-Design
Regional airport in the north west of germany with a lot of details like moving helicopters around the hangars and boats in the canal. For a smaller airport this has a lot of details on and around the airport.
simMarket: AVIATION-SIM-DESIGN AIRFIELD EMDEN MSFS

LSGS Sion, Switzerland - Redwing sim
Smaller international airport with a large GA area and lots of building and hangars around the runway. The airport lies between the mountains and has a stunning approach and takeoff from both side. Redwing sim creates som really good airports.
simMarket: SION AIRPORT LSGS MSFS

There are a lot more good (and bad) airport around there. I looking forward to anything others will suggest.

2 Likes

Nice list - thanks a lot!! Quite a few there I want to check out from your descriptions! This thread is going to cost me!!! Arhhghh, what have I done!

There is some kind of ranking starting to appear now too :slight_smile: Sheet updated…

1 Like

Yep it certainly will be! 60 entries already on like Day 1 :smiley:

I’m going to have to be careful what I get tempted to buy. Gonna wait for some to get right to the top I think. Although NZMC (Mt. Cook), LGRP (Rhodes) and PAKT (Ketchikan) sounds up my alley, as they cover a larger area than just the airfield.

I wonder if we should add some more columns, like to tag if they have grass strip or are smaller GA type airfields or bigger commercial airports.

I tried setting multiple filters already by adding one for the Microsoft Store column, but seems like you can only have 1 filter at a time, as it wiped out the F/P column filter I’d already set! There must be a way I guess but I am not that knowledgable about Google Sheets. Want to keep it user friendly but functional.

Also not sure how the one I added for Payware/Freeware looks to Viewers (i.e. without Edit access). Does it work? Can someone let me know please?

1 Like

Pick and choose in the areas that you’re most likely to fly. I see a lot of very nice airports out there, both free and pay, but I want to keep my Community folder small. For example, the only flying I’ve done on the African continent is around Cairo and the pyramids, so there’s no reason to ever add on anything else there. But since the Hawaiian and Caribbean Islands get a lot of attention, I’m always on the lookout for good addons in those regions. Which reminds me… Look for anything from Northern Sky Studio if you want good scenery in Hawaii!

P/F column looks great to me. The “Click to Filter>>” doesn’t work but not really needed as the different colours make it obvious.

I already own/installed everything in the top 10 so I guess I’m doing ok (or spending too much on airports!). I’ve learned to be a bit more selective and wait for sales as these sure add up. Going to be a lot of work to maintain, so thank you for doing this.