Your TOP Airport Addons

Actually you’re the first I see who’s praising a scenery from FeelThere. I haven’t bought KLGA because of their reputation and waiting for this version:

laguardia international airport msfs 2020 p3d x-plane — BRAVOAIRSPACE FLIGHT SIMULATOR ADD-ON COMPANY QUALITY OVER QUANTITY REALISM IN MIND

I live in NY and fly out of KLGA all the time. Overall, I’m very happy with FeelThere’s version of the airport. Good detail of the new airport and decent performance both day/night. That said, I just purchased the IniBuilds version of KLAX to replace the FeelThere version of the scenery which I previously purchased.

Overall, I feel FeelThere is solid 2nd tier scenery provider along with LVFR, Orbx, Macco, and Drzewiecki Design. Their stuff is not in the same class as FlyTampa or the new IniBuilds airports but pretty good and consistently getting better. They have also been responsive when I reported problems with the scenery products–I have 5 of theirs.

1 Like

Well, yesterday I found that KLGA project from Bravo Airspace is on hold at the moment and I am going to take a closer look at that FeelThere’s version then. KLGA is a very attractive airport especially for approaches. I was surprised by your positive feedback about FeelThere because last month I bought Bermuda TXKF scenery from SLH Sim Designs and comparing their version with FeelThere’s was like day and night. FeelThere’s version looks a bit worse and is more expensive.

You’re right about many scenery makers consistently getting better. That’s why I consider Drzewiecki Design the top league now. I have their Renton KRNT and Washington KDCA and it’s awesome.

Been flying the Cabri G2 copter loads and just gonna put ONE heliport that I’ve found to be really nicely done with an interesting location, unique approach opportunities and very nicely detailed. Exclusively for helicopter - no way you’d even get a Freedom Fox in here. Having said that I might give it a try lol. Freeware by Superspud.

Lake Heliport, North Devon // EG5B // UK // Superspud // Free

Download: Lake Heliport - North Devon » Microsoft Flight Simulator

1 Like

Welp, I could not resist trying. Took the “Low ‘n’ Slow” Fox thinking it’s my best chance.

First attempt: it didn’t go well. I did not realise there was just such a big grassy step down! Can’t use neighbouring farmers field… noted, OK!

Attempt 2: at least I’m the right way up and the prop digging in stopped me in time.

Attempt 3: Success! (please don’t ask how I ended up the other side of the wall though)

:parking: :rofl: :parking:

4 Likes

:helicopter: MORE HELICOPTERS!! :helicopter:

This is a very nice Helicopter scene (a few bugs, just some floating objects):

And some more I’ve found that are really cute and well detailed:

…I have more, some are quite basic, but the above are some of the best I have found. Have I missed anything really good?! :slight_smile:

I tell you something - using these helipads in the Alps has given me a new found appreciation for @mamuDesign Project Lifts. It’s fantastic together!!

2 Likes

This looks useful:

There is an airport addon that I saw several months ago on one of these forums that provided additional lighting at the gates and taxiways. I don’t know where to find it or the name, but maybe someone here has it and can add to the list.

List Boy strikes again with another Top List!

This time, AWESOME Bush Strips. Inspired by my adventures in the Wilga, a list of ideal and exciting places for interesting and challenging landings around the globe in Low’n’Slow aircraft.

Feel free to have a look and add your own. I left it open so anyone can add to the bottom and follow that format.

:link: MSFS Epic Bush Strips - Google Sheets

SOME EXPLANATION:

Star rated Difficulty can be one or more of these factors:

• Short strip for STOL challenge
  • Bumpy, sloped or stepped (like Courchevel)
  • Tricky or confined approach (from at least one side)

Star rated My Rating can be one or more of these factors:

• Great detail airfield
  • Beautiful surroundings
  • Overall “fun” of the landing

….those are not really tied to the difficulty. It could be a long strip with easy approach but still due to all factors combined score highly here. Some of mine so far are like that (e.g EG78, Scotland, Out Skerries) – give them a try!

So you can choose a 5 star with low difficulty, or a high difficulty that may not be amazing visually, or a high star in both columns for the ultimate best locations. That’s the idea anyway :smiley:

NOTE: To add the stars, don’t edit those columns directly. You need to write a 1 to 5 in the thin coloured columns (G & H) and that will generate the stars. I think it is easier to see as stars, but using the numbers will let us sort it in 5 star difficulty or 5 star fun order etc.

I’m still working my way through testing and ranking many of them but I’m on real “STOL trip” at the moment, so would be great to have some more in the library! I’m sure there are loads of really good ones I have never visited.

1 Like

I am too dumb to do stars.

But Parallel 42’s Cedar Mountain is fantastic. 1 star difficulty 5 star scenery.

1 Like

I also wanted to give a shout to the Falcon Field addon (KFFZ). Seems to be available only on simmarket.

Been there many times. They did a very good job. Only thing that should be added is the giant fountain in Fountain Hills, which is a common reference point for VFR approaches from the north.

Thanks for that! Added 42CM.

What about rating for Falcon Field?

Falcon is a medium sized airport. Asphalt. 4.5 stars for quality. They have the Oxford aviation Piper warriors all over the place. The air museum is stocked with the correct aircraft. Taxi signs seem to be in the right place. Would be five stars but the tower and hangars look a bit too clean to me.

Ah sorry I misunderstood. I thought Falcon was another bush strip. So you mean this one for the other Top Airports list. So yeah, no rating needed on that! I’ll add it now :wink:

While waiting for a fix for the snow on the runway problem. I tried some some other places to fly and found some fantastic airports that are worth a mention here.

LIDT. Trento Mattarello. Mamudesign. Freeware
There are multiple free and payware versions of LIDT airport. This is the one i like the most. Lovely freeware airport.
LIDT Trento Mattarello - Aeroporto G. Caproni » Microsoft Flight Simulator

LFAT. Le Touquet-Côte d’Opale. vbazillio. Freeware
Excellent freeware airport. Like landing here.
Le Touquet Côte d’Opale (LFAT) » Microsoft Flight Simulator

LESO. San Sebastian. MK-Studios. Payware
Sometimes developers improve and surprise with their work. I like some of the other offerings from MK-studios like EKVG Vågar or EFRO Rovaniemi, but i dont think those airport deserve to be called TOP airport. LESO on the other hand is a stunning airport that i really enjoy flying to and deserve a place in this list. The quality is a big improvement over some of the other offerings from MK-studios.
MS-Store or simMarket: SAN SEBASTIAN MSFS

LFBZ. Biaritz. Flightbeam. Payware
Good quality airport just north west of the pyrenees. Also have the BMW version of the same airport. This is way better.
Flightbeam – LFBZ Biarritz Pays Basque Airport MSFS (contrail.shop)

LIML. Milan Linate. Jetstream design. Payware.
To be honest, I dont really like the real airport but it is a beautifull digital rendition. Jetstream design is one of the best airport developers.
JetStream – LIML Milan Linate Intl. MSFS (contrail.shop)

LOWS. Salzburg. Digital design. Payware
This is a beautiful place to land. Like the other products of this developer, this airport is of a high quality. Digital Design – LOWS Salzburg Airport MSFS (contrail.shop)

LFKJ. Ajaccio. Pilot Experience Sim. Payware
This airport was my biggest surprise. A really good rendition of a airport on a stunning location. I have the LFBD Bordeaux airport from the same developer that i find quite mediocre but this is really well made. Highly recommended.
simMarket: AJACCIO LFKJ MSFS

4 Likes

Quick question:

Is there a good list of all the hand modeled airports in FS? Both freeware and payware? I thought I saw one at one point, but cannot find it.

Try this:

Not payware!!

EDIT: wait, you mean all 3rd party Freeware AND Payware!? I thought you just meant the Asobo built in ones.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this thread back to life! Sorry for the delay replying but I have added your selection to the master sheet now. Thanks again!

Yeeh. Really love all these different airports. So want this thread to live. So much interesting stuff out there. Especially the freeware stuff with the payware quality.

2 Likes