Youtubers fake xbox reviews on pc

Just a heads up for people on here that are not aware yet. This has been a huge topic on the xbox club. Appearantly there are youtubers that pretend to play on Xbox reviewing products but instead they play on PC causing people to buy addons that dont fully work on Xbox at all. This has been an issue for some months now. A lot of people discovered it when 3 of them were showing of the new flow tool but they forgot that the Flow Pro version can not be bought on Xbox only Flow Essentials can be bought on Xbox so they were showing of the wrong version which some people caught on. 2 of them have since removed their video. Not going to throw down names here but just be carefull with youtube. If you want to make sure an addon really works on Xbox then ask around on 1 of the many Xbox Clubs or watch reviews on there from people who really do play on Xbox. In any case just double check before you buy a product. There are also numerous topics on this forum where people report if a product works or not so just do some extra research before you buy. Stay Safe and Happy Flying my fellow Pilots.

16 Likes

Without naming the channels this PSA is effectively useless.

All I can do is trust none of them now, and buy nothing. :wink:

Was it a simple mistake, the kind made when in a hurry to get a video out ahead of the competition, or was it to deliberately deceive?

10 Likes

I agree, if people are doing this — deliberately or otherwise — this community should know who they are.

2 Likes

No mistake was made it was done on purpose and has been going on for months and it is done by multiple channels it is done everytime again and again. Not going into names here but yeah many people simply don’t trust any youtube channel anymore. If your on Xbox and want more info just take a look at some of the bigger clubs you can find more details in there including a blacklist with youtuber names.

The reason I’m not dropping names here is that the forum rules are clear, this forum is not to do shaming and defaming that is why I made it a general warning for people with which they can do as they want. Many Xboxers know were to go to get more info.

4 Likes

All very well but there’s an extant thread about malpractices in the Marketplace that names entities. The mods have obviously seen it and clearly have no issue with it. I don’t see anything wrong in naming the channels responsible.

Your post at the moment is a bit like saying, “I need to warn you that a burglar is gonna ransack your house. I have the date and time but I can’t tell you”.

There’s little point to your post if you’re not going to elaborate. Again, if people are out to deceive there should be no issue in highlighting those involved here. If it’s not nipped in the bud, the Xbox community as a whole — consumers and devs — will suffer. People will become disillusioned with the MP and demand refunds, and devs will unjustly get bad reputations.

6 Likes

Hey feel free to look in the bigger xbox clubs and copy the names here, i’m not going to risk getting banned on the forums because of it but anyone is free to put the names down here at their own risk.

1 Like

A discrete DM to the moderators will help settle this.

You can ask them for an advisory opinion before even posting something like this.

I entirely agree.

This will accomplish nothing aside from either labeling everyone as a “bad guy”, or making people ignore you in the future.

As it is, you’re doing the equivalent of saying “Lookie what I have and you can’t have any!”

3 Likes

Hey just posting a general warning here for people to watch out before buying something and to check other resources nothing more they can do with it as they want and again if someone wants to post the names of the channels here they can at their own risk but that is not my task. I just wanted to post a general warning for people to just watch out before buying and to double check resources.

1 Like

Feel free to PM those in this thread rather than post in open forum.

1 Like

Yeah i am a victim of that one channel with flow and another addon. Sad.

2 Likes

Can you link us to one of the xbox clubs you are referring to?

2 Likes

Just goto clubs for MSFS and look for the biggest ones, in most you can find about it. Also on twitter you will see tweets about it come by and someone said on reddit but I don’t know about that since I don’t visit reddit that often.

1 Like

Many others with you from what I’m hearing. People are led to believe that they will get the flow that they can make their own scripts for but that is only in the Pro and the Pro can only be bought and used on PC only one working on Xbox is the Essentials. Sorry to hear you also fell victim to that.

1 Like

Personal Comments and Observations

Please note the above disclaimer.

@patrickb1973

You have several options with regards to YouTube Videos. Please see this page:

Note this section in the YouTube Community Guidelines which is referenced in the link above:

Again - these are personal comments of mine and do not represent Forum Staff or Management.

5 Likes

People trust YouTubers? Guess I learn something new every day.

1 Like

Yeah I recommended people to do the same thing, hopefully youtube takes action I think they did for 2 channels already since a lot of videos have gone offline.

1 Like

There is also this other “big” youtuber who uploads heavily-edited “super mega ultra 4K 60 fps maxed graphics” while on a GTX1080 an a ton of pirated aircraft and airports for litteraly thousands of £ while begging for donations to buy a new microphone… Also quite deceptive for the community thinking they will get that quality on a 1080GTX laptop…

4 Likes

I’m not sure a policy actually exists that prohibits mentioning them here? If you’re deliberately deceiving people — and you’re an adult (i.e. over 18) — you deserve to have your name dragged through the mud, frankly. It’s not in anyone’s best interests to keep this sort of scandal quiet.

If a criminal is a threat to society he/she gets named in an attempt to prevent people getting hurt. Virtual criminals should be treated no differently.

1 Like

I don’t get this post. No mention of MSFS.

1 Like

Third-party Xbox add-ons are specifically mentioned. That’s enough to make it relevant to MSFS, without having to actually mention the sim.

2 Likes