YSCB - PAPI lights wrong glideslope on RWY35 - Always too high

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

PAPI lights are always showing 4 white (too high) even when descending to extremely low altitude far below the minimums. It is nowhere close to 2-3-4 degrees glideslope

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Debug > Display position)

YSCB, RWY35

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just fly an approach on RWY35

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Irrelevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

At least 2-3 releases ago or more, current version 1.34.16.0

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Repeatedly tried the approach in a completely unmodded sim, and the lights consistently show you too high until you’re literally just above the ground and then finally show you too low. Trying to descend to get the right light indications just brings you into the trees off the end of runway 35.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Those trees are too big as well.

I don’t remember the trees being a problem when I shot an ILS to that runway.
On the other hand, my screenshot is a bit deceiving because I’m zoomed way in trying to capture the fact that the PAPI’s are still white, even though I was well below what the approach path should have been.
I’ll go back and look at the trees again. They may be too big. A normal approach to a displaced threshold may be making them look larger too. And we know the sim likes to grow Big Trees!
I’ll look again.
Regards

1 Like

I created a mod on fs.to to fix a similar tree issue at YBBN but I don’t remember trees being in the way at Canberra. I do have Impulse Simulations YSCB and I’d expect if there was a problem they’d have fixed it in the scenery package anyway.

1 Like