Zenith CH701 Stol - simworks studios - Flightmodel problems - solved by magic :D

Bought this plane yesterday and was surprised starting it for the for first time…I started the engine, increased the power, got faster and faster but couldnt fly…restarted the session tried again…now I was able to fly but it felt like a rock and it was shaking and vibrating which had obviously nothing to do with the weather (zero wind/clouds). And if you think this is enough ■■■■ for one plane for 30€ youre so so wrong…the best part (for me) is the rudder which works in a very interesting way. Apllying full left rudder in level flight will push you slowly up to the right :smiley: So if you want to “fly” that bugmachine you have to forget everything you might think to know about flying an airplane.
Short, this plane is absolutley rubbish! Its completly wasted money and its a shame that such rubbish is available in the store…a store which is ridiculous for a company like MS…I mean you cant filter for planes or airports!!! Who works there ??
Would be fair and nice to get the option to test the planes an hour or what just like steam is doing it with games…

Which flight model are you using?

I haven’t flown this in months, but it worked for me back then.

Everthing on 100% realistic since almost 11 years in fsx and here…

Okay, so tell me the name of the flight model you are using in MSFS. FSX isn’t relevant here.

There are two choices.

it says legacy and everthing is at 100

There’s your problem.

legacy

adjective

COMPUTING

1. denoting or relating to software or hardware that has been superseded but is difficult to replace because of its wide use.

Try Modern instead.

1 Like

nope…same apllying left rudder will push you to the right and up :smiley:

You didn’t change it then, clearly. Change it to Modern, and it will work, trust me.

I’m at work so can’t try it myself right now, but I guarantee you that the Legacy flight model is your issue.

For some reason, despite the dictionary description of Legacy, compared to Modern, some users opted to switch to that without even trying Modern first.

Legacy should only be used for FSX ported aircraft. Anything native to MSFS should be using Modern.

1 Like

I changed it. If you dont believe me we can meet at discor and I’ll strem it for you

If you have been using Legacy for the last year you would find that none of the default aircraft would fly correctly either, not just the CH701.

I wouldn’t exclude a recent version of this plane could have something wrong with it, as I can’t prove that right now, but I am 99% certain the flight model is the issue here. The other 1% would be a possible issue with the current version, and SU6, or your flight controls.

When I get home I will test it out. Do you have the current version of the CH701 installed?

which obviouslyx isnt the case…otherwise i would’ve complained about that one year ago and not now.
Try it yourself…

The latest downloadable version has August 12th in its filename so this predates SU6 by some margin, so its possibly an issue with the latest version of the sim.

a friend told me the same…so perhaps i need to wait a bit

Maybe, but I will check tonight.

My advice stands on the flight model though. Don’t use anything other than Modern.

I wont. But it worked just fine all the time…but now its on modern and it stays on modern although nothing changed with the zenith.

But thank you for trying to find a solution !

1 Like

I was just going to post a support link to the SWS site, as 3PD’s are not allowed to offer official support here, and I found this:

When I use the rudder, the plane turns opposite to my input

Switch the simulator to the Modern Flight Model. Using Legacy Flight Model causes planes that use the new one to behave oddly.

Plane flies great for me! It’s a fun challenging STOL.

Your mistake was buying anything in the MarketPlace. Your copy of the CH701 is likely an old version and it could be some time before MS gets around to updating it. ALWAYS buy from the developer first, well-known markets second. As a last resort, say with Carenado products, buy from the MarketPlace. Even then, you’ll regret buying there.

1 Like

Thanks for digging…but like I said, changed to modern but nothing changed

1 Like

When I get home I will install the latest version. The My Content page should then show the version number, and we can compare. I have the non-Marketplace version. All I can see from the .EXE is the date stamp of 12/08/2021.

My problem is that I dont have any credit card or paypal…so I need to buy in the marketplace because here i can pay with prepaidcards…none of the resellers has paysafe…I’ll make me a paypal account today :smiley: