Zoom with external view

Moderator Edit: Howdy
I have not yet figured out (sic!) how to zoom in on the outside view. Using the mouse wheel the view rises and falls slightly, without zooming.
Thank you

Salve
non ho ancora capito (sic!) come zoomare nella vista esterna. Usando la rotella del mouse la visuale si alza e si abbassa leggermente, senza zoomare.
Grazie

2 Likes

Yes I agree. This request was made quite a while ago but the thread has been closed since 30 days elapsed after the last comment.

I’m not sure if this is on the developers radar, if not, it should be.

1 Like

Agreed hard to believe they did not provide a zoom feature for the world in VR.

1 Like

I’m suffering the same issue, no zooming in External view while in VR.

2 Likes

Same here. +1

1 Like

I am one among those who had asked for zoom in external VR already two years ago. Nothing ever happened, and being a fairly obvious thing this suggests that there are difficulties related to the way the VR view is designed in MSFS. Another similar symptom is the fact that the view becomes misaligned when the airplane rotates around the longitudinal axis, which prevents aerobatic maneuvers such as tonneau from being performed correctly. This is best shown in this video, where you can see how the horizon, i.e., the environment outside the plane, wobbles left and right during the maneuver, whereas it should remain fixed. I also post the same maneuver in XP12 to show how it should be. Thanks if anyone can possibly point out corrections to the default settings to reduce this inconvenience.

1 Like