0x800701b1 during launch (Update: It has returned)

Well, I did and as mentioned I even updated to Win11, which also re-installs nearly everything. Well, meanwhile I’ve set back to factory default, which first hand didn’t change anything and after leaving the computer one day switched of, it surprisingly worked after another atempt… guess problem was not my PC…

I have just hit this problem too. Win10 here. There was a mandatory Win10 cumulative update and - as we have to these days - I went to the MS Store to update Xbox and any other MS apps, ahead of getting the latest MSFS20 update. That all installed OK, but when I tried to start MSFS to get the mandatory update notice, I got this splash screen and the error in this thread.
Disconnecting my Ethernet didn’t work - what does seem to have worked is going to the MSFS app in the Xbox library, clicking ‘manage app’ and choosing the option of having a desktop icon for the app added to my desktop. Right clicking that and starting as Admin works.
Prior to this I’ve used the MSAddonsLinker app running as Admin (I use this to manage the community folder) and starting MSFS from within it.
I have to admit - I hate the messing about MS and Asobo are doing with this sim. Almost every time I come to use it something else had broken and I have to spend half my time searching the Internet for a fix.

Worked for me, thanks!

You’re very welcome.

as of today for me , a new version of the the gaming service is on the road all is back to normal
great news .
but mcrosoft need to do someting for that .