0x800701b1 during launch (Update: It has returned)

For me FS it is working again after applying your instruction, thank you very much.
After the reinstallation of the GS I am currently on 3.63.31001.0, before it was 3.65.x

EDIT: I am on the Win11 Dev insider channel.

For me it seem to work by 50%. At least I managed to get rid of the latest version of GamingServices but I was not able to start the sim anymore. Just nothing happened. This may is caused by the Public SU9 beta, I was singned in for. After I left the MSFS public beta, the store and XBox App gave me the “new” installer for the MSFS stable version to download but I was not able to download it. Error “0x80070057” something went wrong during installation.
I then deinstalled MSFS completely again and now am reinstalling it. I hope this will work now. Thank you very much for this possible solution. It just didn´t work out 100% for me.

Edit: After reinstalling the sim due to the Download Error after leaving SU9 Beta, everything works normal again. I think the key thing was to leave the Gaming service Beta via the insider Hub but I never intentionally joined there.

You’re very welcome.

Known issue.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/search/search?SearchTerm=0x80070057

What instruction? (if not the one that has me disconnecting from the net). I went through this thread and can’t find an instruction to fix the GS app. If that’s what you mean, can you please put the link so I can do this? I want to get my GS back to working condition too. This whole debacle has me clutching at straws. Whilst I can run FS by disconnecting from the net, another problem emerges - no logging of hours. Did a 12+ hour long haul and it didn’t add the hours to my profile, but did show the flight in logbook. Weird.
Thanks in advance.

OK all IP technicians, I have a couple of questions for you. Is there any way to get the older version of GS app, specifically version 3.63.31001.0?

I have version 3.64.15002.0 and want to get rid of it so I can fly again.

Also, I have a feeling that I may be an insider and want to opt out. How do I know if I am an insider? If so, how do I opt out?

TIA folks

Neither did I intentionally join the insider. I’m trying to figure out if I am or not but having trouble doing so.

hello for me in Belgium , as of today 9h AM CET
a new game services is updated , all is back for me .
sim is lauchnching normally .
thx for your help

Yep https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/0x800701b1-during-launch-update-it-has-returned/506902/41 or https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/microsoft-flight-simulator-not-running-after-install/512479/10

Since this morning, everything is working again and I haven’t seen an update! An Easter miracle perhaps :rabbit2:

I have it on pretty good authority that the latest version of Gaming Services fixes this issue. I’m up and running again.

and here we go again… Any fix? mentionend Workarounds didnt work…

I have version 3.65 of gaming services and am getting this error. Game screen says logging in then Checking for updates then errors with Error code: (0x800701b1) Frustrating as hell

I received an update in the MS Store and am getting this Error when launching the game:
.
Something went wrong launching your game.

Error code: (0x800701b1)

So my topic was moved here (Seems rather Obscure now) and it seems the failure still exists as shown above…
So, is everyone actually working ? I still have the error and MS Store is updated.
Is there an OFFICIAL Announcement as to what action we should take to remedy this failure ?

What the heck…this topic is now buried so DEEP no one will see it.
Community Support, Install,Per & Graphics, PC, Ms-Store… YIKES

I had that error too and had to point to where the sim is installed. Once I did that everything was fine.

one again … same for me !
very frustrating … only way is run as admin “working” but unable to buy on the market … wait for a re re new gaming services … :sob:

Any idea? I tried every fix I found (eg. https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015760660-Windows-Store-troubleshooting)- even updated to Win11. Nothing - don’t want to reinstall, everything else is running smoothly :frowning_face: Uninstalled MSFS, now I can’t even reinstall it: “Searching for updates” since 6 hours…

Where exactly were you being asked to point to the sim installation point.
In the Store ? I wasn’t asked anything.

you re-installed the game-services already ?.. this horrible thing seems often the source of much trouble and the post marked as “solution” point to similar issue.. ( mentionen in part two of faq : https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405345181202 )