0x800701b1 during launch (Update: It has returned)

Thank you for that. I’ll look tomorrow it’s 0045 in Perth. Wasted 5 hours on this broken sim.

EDIT…couldn’t sleep so I tried. . Doesn’t work. That setting does not look the same as yours. I can’t find it. All I coud see under my profile name ability to run games limited to off-line or online. Tried both. No good.only allowed to change that setting 2 times per year!! Too risky.

Besides, it looks totally different to yours. There is no “settings >general” in my ms store app.

What has broken this sim???

Can you please show me where to click to find that setting. I’m Lost beyond words.

You need to do it inside the Xbox App - Not the MS Store app.

1 Like

He showed Ms Store in the screen above.

Now that you told me it’s the Xbox setting, I found it. Thanks. For now I can fly by disconnecting from the net then reconnecting when FS starts.

Update edit
Wish MS would fix the GS app. It’s the latest version that some people, including me, have gotten. Wish I could revert to the older version.

Did you disconnect your Internet connection before starting MSFS?

1 Like

No. How?? It’s ethernet only. You saying I need to unplug that? It’s too hard to get to in back of the tower. Sounds crazy. How could MS do something like this?

I’m getting that crazy start up screen like the one posted. Theres a lock and key in the middle. Weird ■■■■

1 Like

You might didn´t read the whole story.

• You need to activate Offline services in XBox App. (Check)
    • Then disable your wifi connection or unplug your ethernet cable.
    • then click launch MSFS
    • The Game should start normally after a while.
    • then activate your Wifi again or plug your cable back in.
1 Like

It’s always been set off-line without me knowing.
I don’t have wifi into the tower. Just hard wired ethernet from modem. Do you know hoe hard it is to get to that cable? Almost impossible without moving everything off my fs set-up!

Çan I deactivate internet without pulling a plug every time I want to ffly if so it’s ridiculous. MS needs to fix this asap

I give up tonight. Too tired

This actually works, i just deactivate my internetconnection…started the sim…wait 2min then it starts.

via device manager
right-click lan card and select disable device

2 Likes

OK I pulled out the ethernet and the game launched. Do I have to do this every time?

Forgot about using device manager cause im dog tired.

Thanks for putting up with me! :blush:

I’ll answer my own question. Looks like I must deactivate internet to launch the sim. I exited then tried to restart while connected - no go.

I wonder how long this will go on until a fix comes?

How on earth did you discover this problem and temp fix? Genius… :wink:

You can try to disable and renable in device manager, yes. but it would be easier to just unplug your cable. Anyway - If it works… do it. Im just not sure if this disable/enable works “live” without a restart.

Just go to Control Panel—>Network and Internet---->Network Connections…there you should have “Ethernet” ----Right click and disconnect.

1 Like

It works both ways. Unplug is faster then plug in when sim launches.
Anyone know what the culprit is here? Does MS/Asobo know about this?

1 Like

Probably worth mentioning this -
On the Xbox app are 2 progress bars trying to instal flight simulator - a basic and a premium deluxe. Both bars are stalled at zero progress (of 123Gb each) and a message saying “something went wrong”

I’m having this issue after the latest Windows update. What’s strange is that I own the Premium Deluxe version. I can’t run the program unless I run it with Admin permissions, which I can do by going to the menu bar and running it from there. Once it launches, only the standard airplanes are available. The others show as being installed in Content Manager, but I can’t access them. Strange… I’m going to see if I can revert back to the previous Windows build later tonight and see if that resolves the problem.

This same problem occurred for the first time for me yesterday! At first I could fix it by launching the game in administrator mode. The solution to cut the wifi at startup also works (I discovered it thanks to you).
I hope MS or Asobo will fix the problem so that we can launch the game normally!

I think it has something to do with the newest Gaming Services App Version.
A Friend of mine still has the older Version. I got the newest version via Update from the MS Store. The new version was released on April 19th, and thats where my problem started.

Here a link to the Thread in the MS Support Forum. There you can see my post.

I Have 3.64.15002.0 installed.
My friend still has 3.63.31001.0 and has no Problems.

I even upgraded to Windows11 now but still same issue. Can u guys check what version you have? App-settings, Search for GamingServices → advanced options:
GSDirk

Given that I’ve completely removed and reinstalled gaming services, I wouldn’t have expected that to be the case. Here’s mine :image

1 Like
Possible solution

1 Open microsoft store app
Click profile and click app settings

Turn off App updates

2 Open Xbox insider hub app
Click Previews

Scroll down
Under “Joined” click Windows Gaming

Click Manage

Leave preview

Click continue

Be patient :wink:

3 Restart PC

4 In windows seacrh bar type
powershell

Right-click on powershell and select run as administrator

Copy/paste the following command into powershell window (right-click to paste into powershell window)

Remove-Item -Path “HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices” -Recurse

press enter

Copy/paste the following command into powershell window (right-click to paste into powershell window)

Remove-Item -Path “HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet” -Recurse

press enter

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

press enter

5 Restart PC

6 Run powershell as administrator.

Copy/paste the following command into powershell window
(right-click to paste into powershell window)

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Click Install

Restart PC

Important // Right-click msfs icon and select run as administrator.

3 Likes

No dice. All steps taken precisely as instructed.