1.13.16.0 - how to fly again

Have you information for B787 ? Impossible to find the file…

for airplanes that lack the flight_model.cfg file (ex: 787 - baron g58)
I simply copied the file to its directory for another plane
(ex: asobo_aircraft_generic_airliner_twinengines)
leaving only this line [AERODYNAMICS] + [FLIGHT_TUNING]
tested, it works plausibly
try it, I don’t think it works just for me

Thanks I will try.
But it bothers me to touch the native installation. It is really painful.
Thanks again.

I know, you always keep track of what you do
If a mess happens you can cancel everything

Euuhm @ URAGANOdiPIOMBO I believe you can find nice things on Youtube (where?) and above wizard-like suggestions could be nice for some airliners (?) but please consider not instructing players to change ALL airplanes config files in Notepad without knowing what they change… setting the same parameters for all airplanes may render some others to become unusable. At least instruct folks here to backup the original file !

Guess MSFS2020 has now activated these parameters, changing them had no effect before the update. For anyone who wants to try out these changes, there is a topic about this subject with real information about what it all means when we’re talking “ground effect” :slight_smile: it was seen as bad simulation before the update.

1 Like

Before making any unnecessary comments, read the whole Topic at least
that’s what I’m saying from the start
if you don’t know where to put your hands, forget it

I am not a professor and I do not teach anything to anyone
I give examples, then everyone does what he wants, at his own risk

Your first submit and title suggest instruction. There will be numerous players who follow your instructions. When they don’t test what they do, they may mess up some airplanes. You tested this for NEO… did you check the Cessna’s and Robin and Pitts as well ?

“suggest” I don’t oblige anyone to listen to me

Having tested all the standard equipment aircraft, I was able to make a decent takeoff and landing again
Then if someone says I’m an idiot, that’s fine, friends like before

For the record, they are the same solutions given by ASOBO, I don’t invent anything

I haven’t said you’re an idiot :slight_smile: … but can you explain your values ? What does a 1: 1.10, 1:1.10 do ?

Please keep in mind this is a flight simulator. There is supposed to be some reality in it. When your controls behave differently after an update, it could indicate that the simulator was improved, not broken. When you can takeoff easily, it may be too easy. Chance you e.g. completely cancel out any additional simulator features for near ground airflow that were added with the update. Ok… landing will be easier, but your FS2020 airplane behaves less realistically. Better wait for aircraft updates I would say. Watch Content manager and click when there is one. Let the third party that released it solve the issue…

well, if having a 200 ton plane that behaves like a glider instead of landing, you will forgive me if I don’t see it as an improvement

even as you think it is right,
I repeat everyone does what he wants by taking the risks (in case uninstall everything and start over)

if you’ve seen Asobo’s topic, they told that by mistake, they doubled the value of the flaps
then if you ask me: the Asobo hotfix, when and if it will come out, rewrite and delete our changes, that I admit I don’t know :stuck_out_tongue:

Errors occur. That is not what I try to point out. There can always be good settings, bad settings and errors in some cases. I have not said Asobo is without errors… I just assume they know more than we know about simulation. You found some setting that works for you, for Airbus… and you then say: put it everywhere, on every airplane.That is risky. Small airplanes are different from large airplanes.

(made my remark… success with your find, use it for Airbus. I’d like to end this discussion now)

IT S RISKY, in fact that’s why I’ve been trying for 3 days with all planes :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.