1.17.3.0 update

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
NO
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
NO
Brief description of the issue:
UPDATED TO 1.17.3.0 VIA MICROSOFT STORE. WHEN GO TO START GAME BLACK SCREEN APPEARS GREYTOOLBAR APPEARS STATING 1.17.3.0 THE MUSIC STARTS BUT NO OPENING CREDITS AND ALL I CAN SEE IS THE BLACK SCREEN AND THE TOOLBAR. I HAVE THE STANDARD EDITION AND THE GAME WAS OPENING AND RUNNING WITHOUT ANY ISSUES TILL I UPDATED IT TO THIS VERSION
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

Sometimes my msfs do the same thing. I only need to wait a couple minutes and then all work fine.
Do you have the Sim installed on ssd?
Try to wait a bit more time, maybe that could be some struggling when the Sim try to load after the update.
Do you have a ctd or error message or the Sim just keeps black?

hi luis its stored on an ssd drive. the drive only has this game and windows 10 ops system on it. worked fine since oct last year until till i had no choice but to load the 17 june development update from microsoft store.

I have done a complete system and sim install but the sim refuses to install the 1.17.3 patch
WHY ?

and once again my process went smoothly and quickly with none of those issues. Using FS through the XBox app. I have yet to have a balky install. I think most that have issues either have a home computer that’s bloated or not updated or they have dicey internet connections. Perhaps some of them have overclocked and pushing the limits. Of course there will be legitimate complaints but my guess is that’s an extremely low percentage of users. A few hints. Reboot prior to the install. Don’t multitask during it. Make sure others in your household are not tying up your internet resources. Above all, have patience. These things are always gigabytes of data and not only do they need to be downloaded but also decompressed.

First, ensure you have the US English Language Pack installed for Apps & Websites. If you install MSFS without this pack, the install will hang until a message will display that this pack is required.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015760620-Download-Installation-guides

yes i have done all that but it still wont update the msstore MSFS2020 to the 1.17.3 patch
why dont they just remove the 1.16 from the store and replace it with the 1.17.3 version ?

What exactly does this mean “wont update the msstore MSFS2020 to the 1.17.3 patch”?
Any errors?

Well I don’t have any errors,the sim just wont update to 1.17.3 (which should be available in the MS Store) but the store still shows the 1.16 version and when I Update all in the store it/ just DOesnt update the sim to 1.17.3

Run Xbox Insider Hub app and leave preview.

If you cannot leave - try my solution.

1 Like

Thank you soooooo much that’s fixed it . Might be useful for adobo to mention this fix (for the noobs)
But can I re-sign into xbox for the next Tester

1 Like

Yes (10 characters)

1 Like

Eventually soved it but in a round about way. went into my app folder and uninstalled it. Then went back into ms store where i had purchased it selected install. pressed launch and got the opening credits and visuals that i had been missing. the 1.17.3.0 update came up as required input and i had to spend best part of a day downloading the 82gb again. also downloaded the 5 world updates and everything crossed everything seems to be working. i hope with every development upgrade i dont have to go thru the whole rigmarole again. thanks for everyone whose read and taken the time to reply. my apologies for not replying myself but have been working all weekend.

1 Like

I tried that solution as well but it didnt work for me . signing out of xbox insider hub did it for me