1-2 FPS - Game has Broken!

Low FPS only in flight or also in menu.?

If you have low FPS only in fligh, try to check Windows virtual memory settings. MSFS could be memory hungry and because you have only 16GB of RAM, system maybe needs to use virtual memory. Sometimes Windows dont allow to create virtual memory file on SSD disk due to limited lifetime (read/write cycles) of this disks. So check if virtual memory exist and is set properly.

Is your GPU Memory in developer FPS in the sim showing less than 7250mb ? Screenshot is quite low quality and I see it starting from ā€œ6ā€ meaning youā€™re not running MSFS on your RTX 3070

Windows wonā€™t create virtual memory or paging files on removable SSDs because Windows will crash if the drive is removed.

Hey WooWoo. Yes the sim shows 6836mb. I have attached a screenshot of both the fps display and my monitoring program (shows 2% GPU usage).

Problem is, I dont know how to tell if MS Flight is using the GPU, or how to force it to if itā€™s not. :frowning:

Letā€™s try this: start your SIM and go flying, then start task manager (CTRL + ALT + DEL) and find Flight simulator in your processes, you should be able to see something like this :

Reason why Iā€™m asking to use Windows process manager is because it will show you which GPU is in use either GPU 0 or GPU 1. GPU 0 will be your RTX and GPU 1 integrated intel GPU

Also, your first screenshot from sim shows your GPU reading blacked out with 80.0ms acces times and your second screenshot GPU on green with 7.6ms acces times :thinking:

Give also a try switching off online photogrammetry, I have seen somewhere that it might be related to ā€œlimited by manipulatorsā€

So itā€™s a little bit weird.

The first screenshot is of MS Flight in the menus. Running at 60fps (set it to be limited to that) and using the GPU.

The second screenshot is of when I load into the world. Not using the GPU any moreā€¦ :confused:

I am wondering if I really do just have to remove it and reinstall. Unfortunately I turned of online photogrammetry (have most of the online stuff turned off to make sure that isnā€™t an issue) and no difference.

So the GPU is fine but CPU usage in processes is very lowā€¦

Iā€™m afraid you might have to open zendesk ticket or completely reinstall sim and see if that helped.

It is as very strange issue especially when you havenā€™t messed about with anything :thinking: Iā€™m sorry that I canā€™t help further.

One more thing, go to your Profile tab in your sim and acces hangar, what kind of performance you have there ?

No, heā€™s got a 10900KF, which is a 10 core / 20 thread CPU. Itā€™s completely normal for a CPU like that to have low utilization, since thereā€™s currently no sim or game that will utilize 20 threads (itā€™s meant for productivity workloads).

You could stick a Threadripper 32 core / 64 thread CPU in there and see even lower CPU usage.
The sim does use multithreading, but after a certain point (around 6 cores / 12 threads) extra cores and threads simply donā€™t make a difference.

So no need to make a Zendesk ticket about low CPU utilization, the problem lies elsewhere (manipulator thread above most likely).

I understand that but my 8 core 16 threads utilizes 30% - 45% and his only 8%. The difference is not adequate

if something else is bottlenecking the system, not enough data might be sent to the CPU to process. Youā€™re likely looking at a symptom, not the cause (especially on lower settings).

1 Like

Ok, thanks guys. I think the first thing to do would be to completely reinstall the sim.

If that doesnā€™t work, well, lets hope it does. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @AndyTheMighty, can I see a shot of the CPU graph in the Performance tab of Task manager while flying? Also make sure to right click in the graph area and select ā€œChange graph to > Logical Processorsā€ if its not already on that setting.

Screenshot attached

Nothing wrong with the CPU, itā€™s that ā€˜manipulatorsā€™ thing messing things up. No clue where thatā€™s coming from, but thatā€™s the source of your problem.

1 Like

94% of physical memory used no need to look to anything else - That is the only limit your system has and the reason of all you in terms of performance

I have been on 16gb of ram and going to 32gb
only reduced stuttering and occasional, 1 to 3 seconds lag but the sim was playable

I should be receiving my extra 16gb of RAM either today or Monday. Will install it and see what happens.

I suspect that isnā€™t the issue though as the sim was working previously on high graphics with the same amount of RAM as itā€™s not now working on low graphics.

1 Like

I just started having this problem last night. Power went off then on and my computer cut mid flight. Now everytime I apply power I get 1-2 fps

2 Likes

Can you be more specific.
I understand that the power failed in mid-flight, but what do you mean by ā€œwhen I apply power I get 1-2 fpsā€?
Describe, as best you can, exactly what is happening.