[1.37.11.0] SU15 Beta Survey - Stability (Xbox)

Please indicate your playability of the sim with the following statement - Xbox stability in this build is generally:
  • Better than the current public retail build
  • About the same as the current public retail build
  • Worse than the current public retail build
  • Unable to tell
0 voters

To report a bug, please use the Sim Update 15 Beta section.

:arrow_down: Please provide additional information in the comment section below :arrow_down:

:warning: Reminder:

All Assistance Options reset again. :upside_down_face:

Still black screens in the 787 and 747. All other aircraft work fine though.

Live traffic: off (lvfr static aircraft)
Live weather: on
Rolling cache: off

1 Like

More stutters and satellite imagery lagging to load when in view

3 Likes

Very stable. There is a little bit of pop in with details but it’s a lot better than in previous builds.
Overall a much better performance than SU14

1 Like

Folks, for my part, I consider Stability solved for in SU15 as of the current version. The trade offs appear to have been some Performance loss in terms of visual detail/detail at distance for solid Stability. That said, while I am still flight testing .11, the Performance I am seeing is very good on Series X 2TB when flying with either default or add ons of known acceptable performance. That last bit is important, add ons matter, and those that stress the Box or are not yet compatible with SU15 may cause issues that are out of scope for beta testing, IMO.

Good Friday flying and have a great weekend! Don’t forget to vote!

2 Likes

That’s it, I’m sorted. On my part using the Series X the performance is great thinking of the fact that I’m using a lot of addon airports. Level of detail went a bit down buy hey, I’m happy with that as it still looks better than on some PCs

2 Likes

I tried uninstalling world updates, and man the performance and stability was massively increased. I flew the inibuilds a320 from lxgb-lpma with no issues whatsoever. With that said, I flew the lvfr a330 this evening from lax-sfo, and 95% of the flight was solid, until I touched down and exited the runway. I stuttered a lot, but thankfully no black screens. Might be because lvfr a330 has some problems on su15 beta. I’ll try flying the 747 tomorrow and I’ll let you guys know how that went.

1 Like

Just about completed a flight from EGBB to EGLL in the A320 V2 on the Xbox S.

Very jittery taxing to the runway and taking off at EGBB.

Some stutters in external view during cruise. Got BS turning onto the base leg over London, which looked like the polygon capital of the world, as LOD was terrible. Which I note was after the BS occurred so the memory management implemented made no difference in that respect.

Just about managed to land the plane on the last 1/4 of the runway, as it floats better than a boat, but that isn’t a stability issue.

Back to square one for me as far a this latest build with the A320 V2.

I’m going to try the same fight in the ATR 72 600, as I was very happy with the performance on 1.3.7.9 with this to see if it’s the A320 V2 that’s eating up the tiny resources of the Xbox S.

2 Likes

Just flown the exact same route in the ATR 72 600. No jitters taxing at EGBB. No stutters during cruise in external view. No BS turning the base leg over London. London look fine, albeit tiles popping in a short distance in front but buildings looked like buildings and not polygons.

Whilst the ATR is not a full study level aircraft it has similar functionality to the V2, suggesting the latter is not as optimised as the former at this point.

1 Like

LOD is pretty bad. I really want to eliminate the black screens and CTDs but flying above 10,000 ft in the UK and the scenery tile pop in is horrendous particularly on external view. I also noticed that the Seattle City add on by DrZ stays greyed out until literally on top of it. This was previously one of my favourite areas to fly. The trip between Victoria and Tacoma was great and the city looked brilliant on external view as you passed it on the approach. Just don’t think there is an answer to satisfy all.

Loading in at the CYUL BMWorld main terminal with the Inibuilds A320 NEO (V2) is guaranteed BS, BS + CTD or CTD. This is the only third party airport I’ve tried. Not having problems at all other airports I’ve tried so far. Probably the most complex of those is the handcrafted KLAX.

2 Likes

That airport was challenging all along in Xbox in terms of BS, CTD & stuttering. Would not recommend it to anyone, although I have not tried it in SU15 so not surprised it is still not great now; probably amongst the last ones I would go to in beta, just saying.

2 Likes

The interesting thing for me is while loading in 3rd party airport that do initial BS like KLAS, KDTW, and others…when I do a restart of the flight the screens are back 100% of the time.

1 Like

Thanks. I’d waited this long because I was anticipating problems. It was even giving BS with the FSR500 with lite livery occasionally so my expectations were low.

1 Like

I think it’s too much to expect from SU15 to give new, trouble free, life to add ons that are well known to be problematic. YMMV but I don’t think it’s going to fix any problems some airports or scenery are known to have. That said, I have not had any Stability issues with add ons I know to be mostly trouble free, and I have been using a few of those in beta along with default and Asobo handcrafted airports without BS or CTD. Restart sometimes, but that has been a reliable save for some flights and still works within reason.

3 Likes

Have you tried CYUL with other aircraft then A320 v2? It’s still on my wishlist.

Ow wait, that’s Montreal. I already have it. I actually was referring to Calgary. Anyone tried that one perhaps?

Which version do you have BMWorld or MK Studio and have you tried the A320N V2 there yet. I did have Live Traffic and Wx on as well so I was pushing it but that’s why I was checking it. Trying to establish the max limit with SU15.

I have CYUL from Bmworld but haven’t tried it with A320 v2 yet. If I remember correctly it bs for me with previous beta builds as well, but the recovered shortly after takeoff. So yes, it has always been problematic even with SU15 beta’s.

But I’m interested in Calgary🙄

1 Like

General feedback:
I have a new install of MSFS SU15 Beta (1.37.11.0) on a factory reset Xbox X

1. Thankfully the Content Manager download speed (CDN limitations) seems to have improved. I was able to completely re-install MSFS and all World Updates, in an afternoon, instead of over 2 days.
  2. So far everything is very stable, no crashes after a handful of flights - however, the FIRST flight for each plane seemed to be somewhat buggy, and I can’t figure out why - but subsequent flights (so far) are going well.
1 Like