[1.37.12.0] SU15 Beta Survey - Performance (PC)

Please indicate your playability of the sim with the following statement - PC performance (frames per second) in this build is generally:
  • Great
  • Good
  • Acceptable
  • Poor
0 voters

To report a bug, please use the Sim Update 15 Beta section.

:arrow_down: Please provide additional information in the comment section below :arrow_down:

:warning: Reminder:

Installed the new update:
Have the smoothest and most source-efficient experience in this beta. Without any restrictions.
I’m speechless. Guys @Asobo: you made a fantastic job

2 Likes

DX11 or DX12?

I had stutters on all previous beta builds, a stutter every second or so. This has been fixed on this release.
At least on my end it didn’t take much to test because the issue was present all the time, regardless of aircraft or location.
Good job!

2 Likes

DX11. I could try DX12 and see if anything’s better…I haven’t bothered to use DX12 for a long time. I just don’t know what they mean by ‘memory improvements’, it’s kinda vague, so I don’t know what to test, but the stutter thingy fix was noticeable immediately.

I’d be happy if they fix the landing stutters… it’s annoying for many people but a fix for it…. Taking ages.

3 Likes

you should just use DX12 with frame generation on. It doubled my fps

1 Like

Frame rates down to 16-20FPS and a stuttery mess after landing at FlyTampas EHAM tonight in the new BAE146 V2. I was pushing 26-30 here previously in SU14 (although admittedly not in the 146 v2). I haven’t tried clearing community or indeed using another aircraft yet. Using FSLTL for AI traffic. Probably the worst frame rates in an airliner I’ve ever seen in this sim over 2 years. I tried clearing data cache & no change. I haven’t used the previous beta builds to compare though. Will need to check sim with other airliners. (5950/3090/64GB/DX11/4K/TLOD100/WIn11/NVidia driver 551.86)

I had a few little glitches and shuttering using DX12 after this last update. I decided to clear the community folder and the MSFS cache folders/files and Nvidia, rebooted, went back in and all is good. A very smooth 2 hour flight in the Toronto/Ottawa area. Also updated to the latest FSUIPC as it was causing some of the regular timed stuttering due the 60 sec autosave.

Tested the current beta build at KLAX, CYYZ, CYUL, and EGLL, and it’s very smooth with no spikes.

As mentioned above, it’s a good idea to clear your cache files and restart your PC if you’re experiencing stutters.

1 Like

Smooth and consistent fps with FSR2, AFMF, triple monitors and DX12. Makes for some nice flying.

1 Like

How is that done? Clearing cache, files etc

I conducted a couple of test flights today, and in both cases, saw a slight, but noticeable drop in performance (FPS) and smoothness, as reported here:

.12 is working very well for me. Very smooth and playable, in my standard test flight there were a couple of very brief stutters (whilst flying low and fast over some very busy London scenery) which might have just been turbulence, otherwise FPS remained at locked 30FPS throughout the flight.

1 Like

I’m finding 1.37.12.0 the most performant version since release. Very smooth. Stutters almost completely gone when not using CPU hungry 3rd party aircraft (see below for exceptions).

Compared to 1.36.2.0 I don’t see any significant increase in overall FPS (or decrease in main thread frame time as I choose to use vsync) but the frame times are very, very consistent now. This is to be expected as the devs indicated that the most uplift would be in lower spec setups. However I do see a noticeable improvement with any aircraft using JS/HTML stack for their avionics (which would be a result of the improvements to the gauge update scheduling that WT made to the code).

In fact the only stutters that now annoy me are wind farms (huge stutter on the Manipulator Thread when wind farms are loaded in the distance) and the to be expected stutter when loading airport scenery assets on final approach to a large airport. Of course both of these deficiencies are not new to this beta. I wish there was an option to disable wind farms (aesthetically they are jarring as well as affecting performance) and wonder why airport assets cannot be pre-loaded so are already in memory long before final approach. But I’m getting off topic!

In summary I’m very pleased with this version.

Specs: 7800X3D / RTX 4090 / 551.81 / 32GB / NVME SSD / Windows 11 (22631.2361) / 500mpbs Fiber Network
Settings: Ultra / No traffic for testing purposes / No live weather for testing purposes / vsync on / 50hz / All non-AI traffic at 20% / TLOD OLOD 200

I am getting smooth performance with this update beta 1.37.12.0 - So much better then .11 - In short, I am very pleased with this release. Flying the DC-3, clear weather with OBS, VLC and airshow assistant running. Frame rate was smooth as silk.

Smooth performance for me now that I’ve removed most of my mods. There’s definitely a mod that doesn’t like SU15 and is causing performance drops, will have to go research to try to narrow it down. BAE146 V2 is behaving much better in the SU15 now fps wise. Still using GSX and FSLTL with it.

Roughly same as previous betas and the previous release. No visible changes up or down in speed or smoothness. Some rough stutters when flying low around Los Angeles as scenery loads, but pretty much only in the areas where I expect slowdowns from scenery loading, and once loaded things are pretty smooth.

1 Like

The first iteration of SU15 gave me fantastic performance. Each subsequent update, however, degraded my performance to a tiny degree. But now with the latest 1.37.12.0 update, performance is back to its original fantastic level with SU15. Thank you, Asobo!

Just installed beta 1.37.12.0 - previously not in the beta - and have done a couple of short flights and one longer one in the A2A Comanche. Memory utilisation is improved, CPU & GPU also. I was using live weather for all flights and the weather in the UK is so windy today that it was hard to tell if there was stuttering but I think not. So looks good to me - I have a low end system (laptop with 16GB ram, RTX3060, I7-11800H)