1.37.8.0 - regression (fixed in 1.37.9.0): Custom window size being reset every time app is started. Also fullscreen mode reverting to windowed mode

Its always been the case that the app window size is reset (in my case to 3840 2160) every time an update is made but once resized to my liking the size is retained (until the next update!). With version 1.37.8.0 this is no longer the case and every start of the app sees the window size being reset to 3840 2160.

(Edit 13/03/2023 - I’ve read posts from other members that the ‘checking for updates’ part of the loading process is taking longer even on non-beta installs therefore my suggestion that this may have been a cause of this window size issue is less likely to be valid.

Originally posted → I do note that ‘checking for updates’ is taking longer than usual so wonder if somehow a timeout at that phase is causing the change to the window size rather than being a new bug? The reset of window size occurs immediately after the ‘checking for updates’ section of loading is finished.)

Edit to add: starting the app is safe mode does not remove the issue.

Specs: 7800X3D / RTX 4090 / 551.46 / 32GB / NVME SSD / Ultra settings / Windows 11 (22631.2361)

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I can confirm this is happening to me too.

Happening to me too

Yeah, for me too. Always in windowed mode after a start, even when set to full screen.

1 Like

Seeing exactly the same issue with the sim going into windowed mode after each startup of the sim.
Regards

3 Likes

I’ve modified the title to also cover this bug.

Tried to force Windowed 0 in the UserCfg.opt before start, but it gets reset to 1 after the search for update.

As AboezD, I also always had it set to windowed when doing an update at startup. But normally it would keep it when I changed it to fullscreen (generally via ALT-ENTER).

I confirm. The same thing happens with my simulator

When loading the simulator, full screen mode is constantly reset to windowed mode, despite the fact that the full screen mode settings are saved

3 Likes

That’s been happening to me lately.

I’m not running 1.37.x.x Beta.

Same problem for me.

The same problem here. This is occuring immediatelly after the INSTALLATION MANAGER / CHECKING FOR UPDATE phase of the startup process, in two steps:

1. The sim is going to the windowed mode for a while (like one second or so), with the relatively small window placed in top-left corner of the sceen.

2. After that the sim is not returning to the full screen mode, it stays in windowed mode instead and the window size is being changed to the “screen size” - but NOT the window maximized mode.

Didn’t occur with previous beta build (1.37.7.0).

1 Like

NOT having this issue… all normal after 1.37.8.0.
Thank you

Same problem here.

Seeing the same. As soon as the sim moves past the Installation Manager/Checking for Updates, it snaps to a window. All I have to do is Alt+Enter, but this was not normal pre-1.37.8.0.

1 Like

Same issue here. Once past “checking for updates,” it changes back to Windowed mode despite being saved with Full Screen Mode. This requires full screen mode to be changed on every startup.

I just updated a few minutes ago, changed to Full Screen, exited, and came back in, and my screen was NOT reset. It remained at Full Screen.

I have not been able to repro this behavior. Post update, I have twice exited MSFS in Full-Screen mode & restarted. Both times MSFS returned in Full-Screen mode.

[Edit 03/13/24]
OK, I can repro this today.

• Ended yesterday’s flights & exited the game @ Full-Screen. Turned off the PC.
  • Turned on the PC this morning, started the Sim. After the usual splash screens, checking for updates & Dune screens, the Sim displayed the welcome menu in windowed mode.
  • ALT-Enter to return to Full-Screen mode. ESC to close the Sim.
  • Waited ~ 5 minutes. Started the Sim. After the usual splash screens, checking for updates & Dune screens, the sim again displayed the welcome menu in windowed mode.

Partial Specs & settings:
Build: SU15B v1.37.8.0
3rd-Party Addons: None, Community Addons: None
i7-12700K (No overclocking), 32 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 CL40, Arc 770 (16GB, v31.0.101.5333).
Data Tab: Data Connection: All six options - On, Data Limit - Off, Bandwidth - Unlimited, Rolling Cache - Off
Developers Tab: Developer Mode - Off
MSFS Version: MS-Store, Standard, plus All WUs and most MS free aircraft.

This happens exactly the same for me…has this been logged as an official bug yet?

NOTE: We start out in FULL SCREEN, but as described in step 1, it switches to WINDOW MODE after checking for updates. It then displays as if downloading an update where it shows the path and the UPDATE button.

It then stays as Window Mode.

The same issue here. Happens on every reboot. Have to change headphone simulation as well. It keeps reverting back to off.