Yeah I think the issue reported about the AP only working in Nav mode was a result of flying it without restarting the sim after purchase. It’s definitely high on my wish list now!
She is definately worth it in Cargo because she is much cheaper than most others. She fits neatly into the set up.
Do missions actually generate for it? That’s my big hesitation when buying Cargo aircraft in Career after getting the BN2 Islander only to have a few missions per week all populate in Alaska ![]()
Well the cargo mission map when buying it, showed medium cargo all over the place. The Airliner showed only about 5, 3 of which were in the E USA.
I’d say only go for the Cargo one for now until they make more airliner missions, she only carries 20 pax.
I’m going to like this one! Lands like butter.
Superb visibilty out of cockpit too ![]()
Hi,
the first tutorial “A400M: Loading a flight plan into the MCDU” is on line at this adress :
A wiki page is ready in french about the auto-pilot. I shall tranlate it in short time.
https://www.simvol.org/en/articles/tutorials/a400m-loading-flight-plan-mcdu
The
The many aircraft models of ai traffic is interesting, I saw an MD 88 parked next to an md 90 parked next to a 717 200 parked next to a 757 200, I wish we could fly all these great ai aircraft in career mode ![]()
Had another flight where an ai a318 was parked next to an a319 parked next to a 767, so when do we get to fly all these ? ![]()
How to use the auto-pilot on the A400M is on line on the simvol-Wiki : Flight in an A400M — simvolwiki
Thank-you
![]()
Brilliant explanations with the help of the screenshots ![]()
Is anyone having major issues with career mode on 5.1 ?
I was able to complete only 1 flight on 5 because of mission failure, the main reason is the ATC being out of sync with mission step, most of the time the hold short line is also responsible
For example: on the last mission I tried, the ATC told me to hold short of the runway because of a traffic, then immediatly being cleared for take off after that, but the mission step was still stuck on the waiting instruction
Result: I took off and pressed enter after that to contact the new atc frequencie as I was told to but it triggered the wrong mission step and it leaded me to a mission failure
It’s the same kind of bug when the hold short line is unreachable… (so a lot of times)
Ok the old holding short points were not smart at all but at least it was WORKING and not leading to a FAILURE almost every time
Also the combination of ATC and Mission Steps is more broken than ever
This mode is definitely a disaster, I have more than 700h on it but now It’s really broken for me, the poor design of how things works is a pain
Please Asobo, do something, IDK restart all from beginning as you now have a stable build, change or remove all of these frustrating rules, do something, don’t let us wait 6 more SimUpdate to have something acceptable, I’m done with it
I’ve had similar issues with ATC not being aligned with where I am in the mission when I had Volanta Premium’s “Quick Save” feature enabled - not sure that’s related here but worth mentioning just in case. Disabling that fixed it entirely for me.
I’m playing 100% vanilla build with 32GB cleared cache, I only have the Phenom300 installed since yesterday, no addon is installed
The ATC is being out of sync every time because of take of clearance
I’m actually still surprised Asobo didn’t do a super guppy yet that we could play with in career mode for it’s local legend series because we got the beluga, and the b747 dream lifter as well
yes… I just completely disabled live ATC traffic in career. Prior to SU5, it was long waiting for take off because some fictional planes were trying to land or getting stuck on the runway. Now, they tried to fix the long waiting by simultaneously giving two instructions, but their stupid ATC system cannot work like that. We can accept one and only one (the most recent) instructions, but the mission step requires accepting both. My best hope is that the so called AI traffic can replace the live ATC in career mode. Dumb AI traffic + dumb ATC could probably work, but dumb ATC cannot work with live traffic for sure.
Thanks you, you perfected explained the issue here, wich is a total regression from SU5, I was able to finish 95% of the missions before that, now I setup my plane during 15min and I pray for not having to do that again because of this poor system
I absolutely hate it when the passenger announcements glitch out and the green text just stays stuck in the objectives for the whole flight. But the most annoying part is that if the first one glitches, all the following ones glitch too!!






