3rd party airport ground texture elevation

Good afternoon everyone, I have recently gotten weird ground texture artefacts that I am assuming is the default gps image that is usually way below the ground textures (see image). At first I thought this was limited to one airport (development bug) but I am now seeing it in pretty much every airport I have recently landed at (KBOS FlyTampa, BMW AMSim CYUL, and Roman Design CYOW).

Anyone had this annoying issue before? I am assuming it might have to do with the scenery order? I am not sure how to ID which is at fault and how to fix it…

If you are using DX12 Beta…that is the culprit. Nothing you can do about it. And it happens at all airports.

To be improved in 2024 per the bug list.

I use DX12, and have Fly Tampa’s KBOS.
I don’t recall seeing this at any airport on my sim.

Do you use the rolling cache?
If so, have you emptied it lately?

I have recently upgraded my PC, so I decided to a clean re-install of everything… including MSFS. Rolling Cache was enabled… I had it disabled before so I disabled it again. I closed MSFS and rebooted it. Seemed to have fixed it… for now. Fingers crossed thats all I needed to do. I also use DX12. Oh, and I disabled the ground changes in REX AccuSeason. Not sure if that played a role, but its possible.

Thanks for sharing. I seemed to have fixed it… for now. next time it pops its head around, I will try reverting back to Dx11, just to see if it fixes it.

REX textures have no effect on this issue btw. It is MSFS issue.

1 Like

yeah… photgrammetry is the culprit… I tested at CYYZ (Fly Tampa). Photogrammetry off fixed all issues with ground textures. Turned it back on and it was fine. Next up… Dx11. I will see if that fixes it. I dont get this… I wasnt having this issue before…

You just might not have noticed. It has honestly been around for quite sometime now.

1 Like

Possible, but def not at the rythm I am seeing now… This quick fix worked for me in the dev mode, debug / airport colouring / off. That immediately removed the terrain that was problematic.

Just note that you will need to disable airport colouring every time you fire up MSFS.