Mixed textures in ground at default airport DX12 Beta

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Using it to monitor performance only

Brief description of the issue:

When in ground at default LEMG airport, textured are mixed up between default airport apron and bing map.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

LEMG

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Load a flight with Fenix A320 at LEMG. First, it is good, but as soon as I start the pushback, the mixed textures showed up.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - 32GB RAM - AMD RX6800XT 16GB - DX12

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

Also happens at KLAX, KJFK, and other airports. SPECS: Ryzen 3700X, Radeon 5700XT, DX12, 32Gigs RAM.
Seems to be related to LODs: if you fly around the airport using the drone cam, you see the textures appear / disappear (and the bakcground appearing instead)

1 Like

Yes.

Having the same issue at LOWW Vienna airport. DX 12.

1 Like

I noticed the same on the runway at TFFJ (St Barts) yesterday.

1 Like

So this is in airports all over the world for me. Airports look horrible. I´m surprised to see so few votes (and no acknowledgment from devs for this bug).

11 Likes

this is also an issue for me Turning off Caching’ and clearing out temporarorily fixed it bu it came back during panning the camera and landing at the same airport.

1 Like

Similar

Using DX12 on an all AMD rig (Ryzen 5800X3D and Radeon 6800XT) when I spawn on the runway at Heathrow EGLL, the runway has only Bing map textures, despite photogrammetry being on. This has also occurred at Cambridge GA airfield in Tasmania. It can be fixed by stopping and then restarting photogrammetry in the Data options page and restarting the flight (although it may take two attempts). The bug then reappears next day when starting up the sim again. This has happened with both beta .16 and the latest beta .17 release.

It happened in both versions of the A320, stock Asobo and Fly By Wire at Heathrow. In Cambridge Tasmania it happened with a C172 G1000.

After workaround by disabling and re-enabling photogrammetry.

1 Like

Yes. Mostly good, issue usually starts right away when in external mode with drone, especially.

This is at Halifax with the ad on scenery. Also happened earlier at LPLA, as well as LEPA, etc… pretty much anywhere. This issue since SU10 Beta.

**THIS SEEMS TO BE A DX12 ISSUE! Try Using DX11.

2 Likes

yes, exactly the same

nothing more needed, the screenshots here in the thread speak for themselves. And yes, it IS a DX12 issue. DX11 is totally fine, but then DX12 is much more smooth.

FYI I was having this exact issue in DX12 and uninstalling REX Global Textures solves the texture issue. Appears Rex needs an update.

3 Likes

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

yes and no, only to show FPS and memory usage, but happens with both

Brief description of the issue:

missing or blurry scenery tiles when looking around, parts of runway, appron and scenery missing

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

load up the sim, go to any airport and look around

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

proc AMD 5900X GPU 6900XT 16GB 32GB memory XMP 3600 CL14 2 SSD’s

Are you using DX12?

yes

Are you using DLSS?

no

Are you using the multi monitor feature?

no

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

When it happens it’s normally on the first load of the airport. if I go back to the main menu and start again, it’s usually ok. I am not on maximum Vram when it happens. Zooming in and out can make the tiles disappear/appear. it happens on payware and stock airports.

Are you using DX12?

yes

Are you using DLSS?

no TAA

1 Like

Also seeing this now since upgrading to Radeon 6800, and DX12, Ryzen 7 58003d 32gb ram

1 Like

Same issue here with DX12, for example at JFK.

1 Like

Did you guys try if deleting the shader chache helps after switching to DX12? You can do that via Adrenalin menue, Graphics section, advanced options the lowest most entry. It is called “reset shader chache”. As I did not opt into SU10 Beta, I can not see myself (also have a 6900 XT)…

Already done without solving the issue. Nonetheless this issue is not more present for me than any other DX12 related glitch like fe. the white light flashes when looking toward the sun.

3 Likes

Well, I seriously hope this wont evolve in another “nVIDIA only simulator” then, as I finally took the plunge for AMD card due to the fact that P3D finally started to eliminate the long time gold standard of using only nVIDIA cards for the ESP based flight sims.

1 Like

deleted shader cache via windows, and also by adrenalin. 6900xt no overclock. It’s not always present. First I thought when Vram was fully utilised, but it also happens when Vram is not fully utilised

It’s not much on AMD graphics. I run a 3070Ti and saw this as well since SU10. The elevation fix they launched a week ago fixed some of that, but seems like the latest 1.27.11.0 reverted that issue and these missing tiles are back in a lot of places. ANd it’s like this for both DX11 and DX12.

1 Like

found this…

on LIRN again tiles where missing, went into developer mode, under options/airports switch off colouring, and tiles are back…

still testing see if it will come back

2 Likes

I get this graphic sometimes on different airport runways. This example is Newark Airport in NJ (KEWR).

R 7 3700
RT5700XT
32GB 3200MHZ
Win 11
DX12

1 Like