3rd Party Application Toolbars Scaling Broken?

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Nope.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Nope, that’s what this report is about.

Brief description of the issue:

3PD toolbar applications showing UI issues after installing SU12 beta. The UI elements become too tiny and render some add-ons unusable. For instance, I can’t set the correct path in AP Pushback anymore, the tug throws the plane around like crazy (look at the different size of the plane icon in 2D and 3D).
I hope someone here can reproduce the issue, if not, something on my end must be weird–even though I didn’t change a single thing before installing the beta

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

The “broken UI” in VR:

In 2D, everything works as expected:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

It’s like this every time I load the sim.

PC specs and peripheral set up (including which VR headset you are using):

5950x, 3090, 32GB, Reverb G1.

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX12

Are you using DLSS?

Yes.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I have same issue!! Glad I’m not alone :slight_smile:
was hard to fly the Maddog yesterday, read the Navigraph and the checklist in PDF Viewer

I runt HP Reverb G2 100% render resolution in MSFS and OpenXR. DX11 and TAA.

i9 13900k 4090 strix

3 Likes

Yes and PAPI lights are very small and can’t been seen in VR in the Beta

DX11, 100% render scale with TAA

No, its the same as above

Same here. I was losing my mind wondering why everything shrunk. The only different variable is I updated to the beta.

What setting could make all the VR toolbars have small text. Specifically the Navigraph toolbar. Loaded the sim and for some reason everything in the navi toolbar has shrunk. Only in VR. I have not changed VR resolution.

Hi there in the toolbar click the cog wheel and then click reset all windows, does that do anything

Andy

1 Like

Tried that. No change.

1 Like

Increase interface scale via navigraph toolbar settings

Before

After

Also increase minimum text size and interface scale via Accessibility settings

1 Like

@TenPatrol I did try that as well.

What I think the problem is I updated to SU12 beta. It is the only change that happened to my system or the sim. I can’t think of anything else.

I had to do this as well to be able to use Navigraph at all since SU12 beta. However, it doesn’t mitigate the issues when zooming in an out of charts and, much worse, not being able to use the map window appropriately—one can’t zoom in very far anymore, which is essential for taxiing on an airport, for instance. Will show you a screenshot tomorrow.

1 Like

I too am having a similar issue with the excessively small image size within a Toolbar window, while flying in VR. The issue arose suddenly, simultaneously and recent. I have been searching the Internet for clues as to what settings I may have changed. So I am somewhat relieved to know that others are experiencing a similar issue.
For me, the small image/text is most notable within the Knobster and Navigraph windows. At the same time I am not having issue with image/text size of other addon Toolbar windows, such as GTN750, G-Sim Kneeboard and Pushback.
I certainly hope that functionality can be restored soon.

A post was split to a new topic: POV moves a lot in the cockpit after de SU12 Beta

Yes

I tried this with several toolbar addons, including Little Nav Map VR, FSKneeboard, Sky4Sim, and Flight Sim Discovery one by one with an otherwise empty community folder to exclude some cross-interference, with the same result as the OP.

2 Likes

Not resolved in today’s beta update.

4 Likes

Yep same for me

Yes, exact same issues.

Running SU12 but in DX12 Beta, instead of DX11. Same issue.

2 Likes

I am the developer of VSR, this issue may also to be related to apps that load external content in an iframe. It can be worked around by transforming the iframe content. I have built a work around ( it appears have Navigraph )

However we have control over the frame content, the are lots of addons that can’t change.

This needs looking into as s matter of urgency by Asobo, as it will significantly impact the functionality of a number of apps

6 Likes

yes

All text in 3th party applications from toolbar in vr are tiny small and no way to read them or use addons, for instance Fs Kneeboard and VSR.

Same issue, using Navigraph on board map in VR.
A workaround for Navigraph is to set the Navigraph ‘scale effect’ parameter to 2.2 or more to get a readable VR window text. And set it back to 1 when in 2D.
Also the onboard map can be more readable using the Navigraph parameter ‘Use large scale map’ .
Thanks to the Navigraph team for their help on this workarounds.

Same issue here. Navigraph can be improved, but things like KnobFS and the Simbrief window are unreadable.

Hopefully there will be a fix soon!