4 Season Pack - Multi Season - Available on PC and Xbox [Archive 1]

Once again, a great update. The sim is running butter-smooth for me with 6.04 and 1.9 installed. ZSSS to RJTT right now. Absolutely amazing.

2 Likes

Thanks for the recent update fixing trees at Manila.

Much appreciated!

How’s it going for everyone? I’ve been all over since the update and all seems to be well on my sim.

1 Like

Hey everyone, did you see the warning yesterday? Only can post suggestions for new features or talk about general comments. Nothing that can be construed as bugs or areas that need changed, which would be support. Use the email for any of that.
Don’t want to see this thread shut down after numerous warnings :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Deleted and emailed.

1 Like

I’m really confused. Does that mean that when Bijan adds new things to the mod or updates it, he can’t tell us what’s new like he’s been doing? If so, that’s a crock of bull and certain people are taking things way too seriously. The only way I know it’s been updated and new things have been added is if Bijan tells us lol

2 Likes

Oh no. We are just enforcing that this is not a support forum. All bugs and supprt request must be via email only.
All other suggestion and feature requests can be made here.

Here is the update log for 6.04:

Update V6.04
August 1st., 2021

Compatibility with Sim Update 5. Older season version will not work with sim update 5.
Kauai, Hawaii jungles enhanced. New size and color variation.
Added Pinus Sylvestris trees in Skuleskogen National Park in Sweden.
Manila airport trees restored.
Singapore airport trees restored…
Palm trees on Santa Monica and Venice beaches (Los Angeles) restored.
Amsterdam spring trees restored.
New York Central Park winter trees for fall and winter season (works best with photogrammetry off)

5 Likes

@bijanstudio

Wow!! Thanks for posting this. This improves the sim tremendously!!!

I wonder if there is a way to implement a batch file (similar to Aerosoft’s (and other’s) season switcher for FSX) that allows one to place a check mark coresponding to the season they wish to fly in before firing up the sim? It’d be a WHOLE LOT better and faster than having to move or rename folders in and out of our communitiy folder before each flight!
Are there any programmers out there who want to tackle this for some pocket money? I’d definitely donate and/or pay for this! :+1::grin::+1:

@AmbitiousPilots knows how to do this kind of stuff and I have absolutely no doubt that he he’d be able to tackle this one very quickly indeed!! I’ve seen many of his other fantastic FS2020 utilities. They’re all amazing!!!:blush::+1::blush::+1::blush:

3 Likes

I’d suggest using Addon Linker. You can do exactly that then… just check the box for the season you want. Simples.

I am actually looking for a programmer who can connect the Sim date/season to the season folders so the season launches based on sim date. I know it’s possible but I don’t have that skills. So if anyone has the skills, PM me.

3 Likes

I do not think, this is possible. I am not a programer but if there was an interface for the current date in FS, it would have been published. A programmer mightbe able to hack the FS code and find a way to read the data out, but this would be against law and Asobo could take leagal steps.

I am not planning to change the FS codes. Just connecting to it.

1 Like

I know, you are a very honest guy. Just wanted to say, that there seems to be no way to do so…

1 Like

The problem is that you can’t write to the community folder from within MSFS code. Another problem is that you can’t replace community files on the fly without reloading the sim (except devmode), so a ‘hack’ where you get the date value from memory and replace a season wont help because you need to restart.

Maybe something like a time based model shown is doable (just a quick thought) Like people on the beach at certain date as in St. Martin add-on.

To be honest, I would just wait for real seasons being implemented and work from there. Saves you some headache.

2 Likes

Yeah I believe that’s how applications like Add On Linker and the Orbx central (when you use the option to have your own external library location) work only when you start the sim. Example - I can use Add On Linker with all seasons installed in a external folder, then just turn ‘on’ the season I want, and the application will first make a shortcut to it inside the Community folder then launch the sim. I think anything like that for 4 Seasons would need to work the same, a launcher for the sim but that can copy the correct shortcut based on the system date.

1 Like

Really simple answer. MS has a LOT of lawyers. And the TOS says people aren’t supposed to use this a company support site. So it’s basically just- the rules?

2 Likes

I hear you… but that’s the rules. Nothing we can about that, but can share screenshots and talk about improvements we can do.

This goes for everyone. Does anyone really bother looking at the new locations, 3d trees? I hear nothing. Let’s see your screenshots :slight_smile:
Let’s talk about what can be improved.

Right now I am working on Fall season in Alaska.

14 Likes

6.4 is in Sim Market. Great stuff. I’m in TX, so I’m running Summer North/Winter South. So far, so good. What a mod…Wow!

2 Likes

Well, I don’t have a ton of screenshots to present at this moment, but being a Canuck I can say that you made the already great trees of MSFS way, way better somehow! I especially love the extra color variations. You really have something great here!
I’m eager for more natural season functionality, but that really may have to wait until the devs add it themselves unfortunately

Luckily, I have a personal, sneaky inkling that such functionality may end up being an end-of-year present.

2 Likes

@HeinousHarold Asobo themselves said that their Seasons stuff is coming next year so it’s going to be a while until we see how they implement seasons into the sim. They were supposed to come this year but they pushed it to next year for whatever reason, not that it matters because Bijan’s mod is beyond amazing and my number one favorite mod as it makes a world of difference :slight_smile:

@bijanstudio That Alaska fall mod looks amazing :smiley: Now if only someone could fix the Alaska mesh itself as so many of the mountains look off :confused: I’m still hoping that Asobo gets around to updating China because so many places there look so bad in the sim, but apparently they’re doing South Korea next year so :slight_smile:

1 Like