4 Season Pack - Multi Season - Available on PC and Xbox [Archive 1]

I’ve installed the N Fall / S Spring pack, and did some flying around the Portland, Oregon area. :slight_smile:

In the farm country south of Hillsboro, most trees seem to be evergreen, but they’re a bit darker than in summer:

Entering the suburbs (Beaverton or Tigard or so) we see a sudden shift to deciduous trees with a lot of browns and yellows:

Entering Portland, we see some evergreen holdouts in the hills but everything near buildings is pretty much deciduous:

Those brown/yellow spots in the hills are in/near neighborhoods:

Heading north up to Scappoose, which is outside the photogrammetry area, shows that the use of deciduous trees near buildings holds in autogen scenery as well, though it’s less overwhelming here, probably just due to trees being way too overgrown in photogrammetry cities. :slight_smile:

I don’t know the area from the air well enough to know how realistic this looks for the fall, but it’s a nice change of pace from aggressively green everything. :wink:

7 Likes

It’s working as it should. Beautiful shots you have. It’s blending well together.

2 Likes

It’s real nice! Thanks again for this, looking forward to the final season in a couple months. :wink:

2 Likes

I was raised in Beaverton for most of my childhood :slight_smile: Fall in Oregon was quite wonderful. Oregon is a very gorgeous state. You should fly around the coast as well :smiley:

1 Like

Dear Bijan, thanks for your great work, hope to see soon other mods from you, but one question, what do you think would it be possible in the near future that all season addons are installed and the simulator detects automatically which season are actual?

It’s already been mentioned a few times but as yet, until there are some changes in the base sim It’s not yet possible. For those of us on PC a simple addons manager is the solution. On Xbox It’s a bit of a pain as you have to uninstall/reinstall via the Content Manger in which case an autochanger might be useful.

But I’d bet there would still be folk who wanted to “manage” the change themselves and would ask for a “simple switch” to do it. In MSFS, simple? Yeh, right.

2 Likes

What happens if you have more than one pack loaded at the same time?

You may get wrong tree colors or wrong tree types in different places or maybe even crash.
The sim doesn’t know which is the current folder to use.
Please only install one season at a time.

2 Likes

Im just curious guys when do you switch to different season? Autumn 1st September? 22nd of September? Just switching them around any time you want?
I’m trying to simulate the world tour I’m flying as realistically as possible, so I’ll be patiently waiting for 22nd Sep to switch to Autumn North/Spring South. Not sure about winter. Winter starts 21 Dec, but it is not realistic to wait that long as there will be no colourful leaves on the trees by that time irl.

1 Like

that’s the good thing about a game like FS2020, you choose if you want to have a pseudo ‘‘realism’’ or to do according to your desire of the moment.

I do like you I try to stick to the seasons

In the south of France in Montpellier the seasons don’t change much to the landscapes whether it’s winter or summer

Some use meteorological and some astronomical dates. It also depends on where you live or fly mostly or what you like to see.
Some love the fall colors and only fly with fall season during summer season. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Next free update will include “Enhanced Fall Season for Los Angeles area”:

13 Likes

Is this the paid version or available for everyone?

It’s free update for 4 season pack.

3 Likes

report a problem.
If Winter.N is installed with bing map photogrammetry on, most trees in New York central park will be in strange shape

If turn off photogrammetry, most trees will disappear, only a few bare trees remain in the area.

Those are photogrammetry trees. I will update the season in few days to remove those photogrammetry trees from central park.

1 Like

But if I uninstall season pack, the photogrammetry trees look normal. Maybe there is something incompatible in it.

The photogrammetry trees look normal. I removed the trees on purpose to replace with winter trees. I will remove the green photogrammetry trees with PG on on next update for winter. If you want to see normal green trees, use summer or spring season :wink:

3 Likes

Central park with Fall. N installed, photogrammetry is on. No conflict. It looks really good :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@bijanstudio Do you know if seasons mod will be compatible with WU6 or will you need to update seasons mod?

1 Like