4 Season Pack - Multi Season - Available on PC and Xbox [Archive 1]

Running with today’s WU6 with season mod just now and there are no issues.

5 Likes

Thanks for heads up.

While I hate green trees in winter and fall I am finding it hard to buy these when MS has stated they will add seasons FREE this coming year. Already lasted a year without it… But boy do I love the pics that I have seen of these 2 add-ons… Hmmmm…

1 Like

I don’t think Asobo will remove green photogrammetry trees in their upcoming season in 2012.
They will also not have many features available in this season mod and this level of details and organize trees based on native vegetation… along with 3d trees. :slight_smile:

Mate, it’s like £20 to improve all of your flights for the next 12 months. I spent £8 on two ice creams yesterday at a National Trust site, I could have said I’ll wait until the next sunny day and buy some fab ice lollies for a fifth of the price but then I’d have missed out on the experience.

13 Likes

This addon goes way beyond adding seasons. It also improves and fixes the vegetation all over the world. Even if you you only fly in Summer season this addon is worth it.

10 Likes

I haven’t flown in winter yet, but the other three seasons are outstanding. Microsoft seasons aren’t going to be as good, even if you’re willing to wait a year. This is a five star addon.

1 Like

$30.00 USD. Not horrendous but as it’s not automatic with the seasons, that’s and issue… And to top it off, just lost my job and praying I can make my bills this month. Not looking good. So 30 is out of the question.

I have just been going through my hard drives making some space. I have over 2 TB of flight sim stuff from FSX and P3D. As best I can calculate I have well over $5,000 in add-on for those sims. Not a thing in the world wrong with them. But I can’t sell them to anyone… And have no use for them now. What really sucks is that I found 5 add-ons for P3D that I bought (almost $450 USD) less than a month before ending using that sim. One I had not even installed yet. (FYI, circumstances came up that made it impossible for me to fly my sims for about a year.)

Yes, I could fly the sims now. But why? My point is that I am really getting tired of spending money for things that soon enough will never be used again and I won’t be able to get my money out of them. Honestly, if the addons were half the price I’d probably find a way to get them. But for $30, and I am NOT saying at all they don’t deserve that for them… it’s just not an option for me now… And even if I had my job back, I probably wouldn’t go above $20 USD for scenery upgrades…

I do LOVE the pictures, however. Would be nice!

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your job mate, hope you get another one soonish, forgive me if I sounded a bit dickish. Yeah I understand your point of view now you explained it.

7 Likes

Slightly OT, but is there a way to remove trees in the Stock scenery? I think you are the right guy to ask :wink:
Because with World Update 6 MS added the Island of Heligoland in the Northsea. And it is covered with trees. In Real Life there are at best very very few
Most are small ones ans bushes

SIM

Real World

3 Likes

Not trying to start anything but how can you make a statement that Microsoft seasons aren’t going to be as good? They haven’t even said anything about it. It could be better.

Now I am using Bijan’s tree mod for the correct placement of trees in certain areas, but beyond that, I’m still waiting for proper implementation of seasonal trees from MS. Not to mention having to exit the game and replace folders every time I want to fly in a different season.

We can probably have the best of both worlds if MS implements it properly.

3 Likes

While all true, I try not to let perfect be the enemy of the good. MS may implement the perfect foliage environment - in a year or two. But it’s Sept in 2021 and I rather like flying in fall trees now, so - this is the best solution. And not to mention one of the most responsive devs in the flight sim space- seems fine to me.

And of course value is a personal decision, YMMV, etc.

4 Likes

Totally agreed. For now, and possibly for good, this is a must have.

2 Likes

I’m a bit skeptical, when i see the history of the Updates in the last year :wink:

3 Likes

I would imagine that whatever tools Asobo introduce with their own seasons implementation in a year’s time third party devs like Bijan will be able to add to and improve upon just like now.

It’s not like they will put seasons in and Bijan’s mod will be redundant and he’ll have to quit developing and get another job, no he’ll have a whole new slew of tools, assets and sdk to work with and will then work on improving Asobo’s seasons.

There’s nothing in this sim, be it scenery, aeroplanes, flight physics, weather, traffic or ATC that doesn’t have third party developers working on improving past the stock implementation, that won’t stop in 2022 just because Asobo introduce their own seasons.

5 Likes

Sure… but I would require it from here to fair to everyone who is in line waiting to get their requests done:
(request list available on the page on simmarket.

1 Like

Central Park New York update for winter season. Photogrammetry trees removed from central park with Photogrammetry ON.

I’ll be releasing this tomorrow along with other updates.

8 Likes

Question for those who bought seasons from marketplace and updated to WU6 today.
Any issues running the sim with seasons?

Thank you

2 Likes

no problem on my side :+1:

1 Like

Thanks so much for checking.