4 Season Pack - Multi Season - Available on PC and Xbox [Archive 1]

wait, arent high, ultra and those regarding the model quality. And not draw distance?
Then what does the Terrain Level Of Detail do?

No it has barely anything to do with quality. That’s what everyone thought at first. But it’s all about distance. Terrain lod s also tied to trees. It’s a strange setting.

so 2 different settings doing exactly the same then?

are we sure about this?

I mean, Ive said this from day one, that ASOBO and ms has done a bad job at naming these settings. Instead of calling things for draw distance or whatever, they use terms like LOD - which in the industry has always applied to different Level Of Detail settings on the mesh itself.

1 Like

Terrain lod also makes there terrain slightly shaper. Not enough though

The saturation or colorfulness of a screen can never reach the level of nature. The bijan mod is quite right in my eyes. Try to compare let us say yellow bushes and trees with natural yellow.

It is alos a matter of taste. You can adjust saturation on your screen, maybe you have the wrong settings…

1 Like

Agreed. This add-on is amazing - an essential part of my MSFS 2020 experience.

2 Likes

I completely agree, I love this mod myself.

My comment regarding the saturation was about just msfs in general, where I think its way too saturated. But again thats a matter of taste aswell, and sure I could just turn down the monitor saturation each time I play.

Ok so after doing some testing, seems like
Terrain LOD setting = Overall quality of ground, buildings and trees (and probably everything else too) draw distance
Trees setting = Draw distance of trees (but terrain lod needs to be high enough to allow that distance)

1 Like

True. The naming is all wrong.

1 Like

It really is. Did some more testing now cause I just needed to understand this once and for all, and the Terrain LOD should be renamed something like Overall Draw Distance. And the Trees And Building settings should be named something like Trees and Building draw distance and use sliders instead of low->ultra. Where as the description in the settings talks about “adjust visual quality” (apparently it also changes the complexity/quality of the actual buildings and probably trees aswell).
Still trying to figure out what the Terrain vector data, grass and bushes and object level of detail settings actually change though. Anyways thats a different topic.

Keep up the great work!

edit: After more investigation I think I was able to understand how these settings work better.
Terrain LOD = Overall draw distance of everything.
Trees = Draw distance of trees AND also the amount and quality of them.
Buildings = Draw distance of buildings AND the complexity of them (how detailed they are).
Objects LOD = (unsure but I think it has to do with quality and possibly draw distance of OTHER types of objects, whatever that might be)
Grass and Bushes= The amount of grass (and bushes?) and horisontal draw distance around you, loaded in in squares in the direction you are looking. The distance is really short even on ultra.
Terrain vector data = (havent found any visible changes with this from off to ultra as of yet).

What ASOBO really needs to do is rename some of these settings and update the descriptions, and also seperate model quality (of for example trees and buildings) from draw distance.

But to keep my ranting and investigation relevant for this topic and amazing mod,
everybody just make sure Terrain LOD and Trees are set to 200 and Ultra, like stated.

3 Likes

It is true that LOD is very short, but even so, this mod looks great,

@bijanstudio Thanks for this work

1 Like

Nice shot. Where is this? Is this within the LOD map?

EEUU, near KFNW

What do you mean by LOD map? …

By the way, for when Pyrenees and Spain? … :wink:

I usually fly through that area and I have already seen that you have the Alps ready.

Oh ok.
I’m updating the world one region at a time, starting with spring. It will have better lod and faster performance. See above post earlier to view the map where it covers. Spain is not included yet.

Excessive pink/white trees is back. Rate in southern Canada is closer to 1 in 5000 for cities

I’ll adjust them asap. Thanks for reporting.

edit: Fixed

1 Like

Updated map as of 4/18/2021:
Colored area have enhanced LOD activated with performance increase. (spring season only, for now)

1 Like

Short question: Is the extended Tree LOD only available with Terrain LOD set to 200?

I have the same question, Terrain LOD to 200 is too taxing for my system, will this work with a LOD of 140 for example?

No. It works with 100 too or 140,
and anything above 200.

2 Likes

ooohhh … I already see something green in Galicia, Asturias and Cantabria, very good …

1 Like