4 Season Pack - Multi Season - Available on PC and Xbox [Archive 1]

This is partly true. The setting is affecting both distance AND quality.

For example, here are 2 screenshots I’ve taken a few days ago, the only difference is Trees LOW or ULTRA:

I can’t believe this is the new background picture - Highlighting a lack of attention to details overall - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

If you’re looking at these in 4K, you’ll see the difference of rendering quality:

• LOW seems to be rendering in a 2x2 pattern which is an optimization technique for semi transparent foliage rendering. You can read more about this in the “Game Rendering Explained” chapter here:
    My 2070 SUPER 4K settings and suggestions - episode 2

• ULTRA is rendering with alpha coverage which is better and/or more accurate, but it is also rendering farther and sometimes densier.

The reason it is tied is because this is the way they have designed these settings (bugs apart):

My 2070 SUPER 4K settings and suggestions - episode 2 - #152 by CptLucky8

Update: V4.62 (Spring Season only)
LOD has less impact in red areas.
Green areas show more trees in distance.
Performance has been increased in all colored areas.

Active new Extended Tree LOD map:

5 Likes

Very much appreciate your constant work and updates for this product.

4 Likes

I purchased this a few days ago and have been very impressed with the depth this has added to the sim, as well as the very frequent and regular updates. Flying down the west coast of the US at the moment on my way to South America. Looking forward to seeing how the vegetation changes along the journey! Thanks for your hands on approach to this mod @bijanstudio and providing such an immersive addon as part of the FS2020 community.

2 Likes

The new tree LOD from Bijan works sensational good. Had a flight from LOWI, Innsnruck, Austria to the West. It must be very tricky what he did, following his suggestions for LOD all the changes in the distance , while you approach have gone. It is a neat and clean landscape you are flying over, it really looks natural, EVEN in VR. No loss in FPS !

3 Likes

This is now an essential addon to MSFS 2020 for me. I fly mostly in SE Asia and I can tell you this addon makes those tropical landscapes sing. It’s not yet perfect, and I will sometimes stumble across areas which need a bit more work, but I have every confidence in the developer. Bijan has answered my email questions personally and provided excellent customer care.

Flying the H135 low and slow on a bright, sunny morning through the Mekong Delta in Southern Vietnam, paddy fields and meandering rivers and irrigation channels lined with authentic coconut palms… when it’s good, it’s very, very good. :+1:

8 Likes

Out of curiosity, what’s everyone’s in game LOD settings?

1 Like

200, and I make compromises elsewhere

1 Like

Same here 200 with mostly high settings, ultra for clouds I believe. May try 300 again as I’ve been averaging 30 FPS in heavy areas and 40 over rural. Very smooth though not very many stutters at all.

I7 9700 and RTX2070S

1 Like
  1. I don’t want to go higher. This setting is fine.
1 Like

In rural areas, 550 lod. In cities, 300. If I am working on season or testing, which is almost all the time, 200.

This is 550:

1 Like

not to highjack the thread or anything, but when I was investigating the settings I noticed that the grass and bushes draw distance is extreeeemely short (only applies horisontal afaik). Most of the time you dont notice it because you dont cam around at literal ground level, but at least from my tests it seemed to be just a tiny radius around your aircraft. I wonder if theres a way to also increase this draw radius much much further, like at least 0.5 to 1nm radius. Reason is probably cause it would be a massive resource hog but still, some compromise should be possible.

Grasses have always had very short LOD. The only way to extend them is to set them ultra but that’s only few feet further.
Other solution is the fake grass and moss I did in Iceland. But that cannot be applied in general areas. It worked for Iceland only.

Gotcha!

Its just a little annoying that they have tied quality+density together with draw distance.
In my case I would gladly reduce the quality and density for some increased draw distance.

Great screenshots btw!

2 Likes

Wow, so using .62 Spring tonight in the Pyrenees bush trip, continuing from Sunday (using .60) and man what a difference, getting estimated 7-10 better fps, and virtually no microstutters at all using the same settings. So enjoyable, and gorgeous addition to the valley scenes! Whatever you did, thank you!

1 Like

That’s perfect. Next update soon will cover more areas with much better performance.

6 Likes

That’s LOD 100 and trees set to high (right after WU4):

1 Like

V4.63 Released.
Spring Season performance/LOD increase for certain areas.
See updated map:

6 Likes

Thank you for your wonderful product, your dedication and your communication with us all.

3 Likes

Hey bijan… I’m seeing a different pic (with the whole world shaded in different colors) than the thumbnail… Can you confirm if this works for the globe or the bit I can see in the thumbnail? (North America, Europe, tiny bit of SE asia)