4090 + DLAA + Frame Generation = WOW

No I do not get the blurry cockpit with it on unless I enable dlss. You can enable frame generation without enabling taa. At first I was unaware of this until I fiddled around with the settings

Sapphire doesn’t make Nvidia cards, they are AMD exclusive.

Maybe next time you get more “lucky” with timing and market. I got the rtx 3090 for msrp and had the chance of selling it for more than double. It is what is ^^
In the end also not worried having a rtx 3090 i see no point in upgrading atm, also i would have to change not only the gpu then.
3080/3090 user can also wait for rtx 5000 or maybe also AMD.

1 Like

So this is the new god-tier graphics card class sized like a skateboard, with five kg of pure metal cooling fins making heavy-duty graphics card anti-sag columns necessary, and with more rendering power than all early Y2K supercomputers combined :smiley:
AWESOME!

These tire tracks on the backplate are still an enigma
 is it an insiderjoke saying “there goes your pre-owned Mazda MX-5 second generation because you have choosen to buy an ASUS TUF instead”
? :smiley:

The first 4090 founders edition prototype, luckily some die-shrinking made a more casual-tower fitting PCB board size possible:

But finally hardware is getting an impressive size, instead of following this stupid “mobile-gaming!! and miniaturizing everything!” trend like sheep!
Angemessene Grösse

Uh 24 GB VRAM, thatÂŽs a good start!

6 Likes

Really? Shows what I know then although I could almost swear the used to do Nvidia too. Of course I never owned one but they’ve always been heavily recommended by the tech reviewers.

Thay might have done nvidia cards at past, but not right now. PNY, no idea how they are. Most gaming related YouTube revews suggests that the qualities varies from gen to gen. And so does warranty and quality of service from country to country. EVGA was highly praised though at least in North America. But I think Asus/MSI are safe bets. But their premium cards tend to be very expensive compared to other brands.

Yup, a shame about EVGA. As you now know I’m a little out of touch but 20 years ago PNY’s rep was really good however a lot can happen in 20 years and it’s all too easy for tech firms to reduce quality as a way to cut costs.

I don’t have this 
 is it because I have a 2 series RTX ? 
 I did DLDSR via the nVidia control panel 

I was actually a bit bummed that I wasn’t able to secure the Asus strix 4090, and instead got the Gigabyte OC gaming. But to my delight the Gigabyte OC gaming is one of the best ones (with a 4 year warranty) and in reviews the Asus Strix 4090 did WORSE than the 4090 FE (nvidia made) card when it comes to overclocking and cost the most at $2000 USD.

Wouldn’t it be better to turn off all software that can see frames and enjoy flying???

hello,

Hello,
I received my 4090 and participate in beta 11, but the dlss frame generation option is greyed out?
I am using the latest 522.25 drivers

may I quote an existing post :slight_smile:

oh yes i forgot

thx

Ah Ok but you can still do the manual workaround I described, upscaling your screensize before downsizing back to native with DLSS Quality. Same methodology and performance as DLAA just a little more hassle.

well well still not
HAGS–>on
but dlss frame generation still grey

Forget overcloking. Not worth it in any scenerios other than competitive benchmarking. I like the gigabyte model. Both hardware unboxed and tech power up shows impressive cooling as well as a good support bracket, Asus’s support bracket on the other hand looks very cheap although the card looks premium. I have an offer to purchase the gigabyte rtx 4090 gaming oc version, thinking about if I should pull the trigger. I don’t see how it will improve my MSFS experience unless dlss 3 really improves over time. But i need a higher VRAM card than my 3080 for both gaming and some productivity workloads. I would have liked to get the 3090 at a significantly reduced price, but in my country, the second hand market is laughable and GPU prices don’t go down much. The rtx 4090 is just about 15-20% more expensive compared to the 3090 here. So may just pull the trigger on the better card. I’ll probably also power limit the card to 70-80%. As per der8aur’s test in YouTube, even with that, power draw goes down a lot, but you lose like 5% of the performance. So that’s good, card will run even cooler and i won’t have to worry about getting a 1000w psu.

1 Like

Something about opting out of the beta and back in again

When it comes to MSFS, people are putting too much emphasis on the frames and GPU when the real bottleneck is the CPU. With both the 3070Ti I have now and the 2080 I had previously, the CPU has always been the bottleneck and is what causes stutters and pauses. Even when I get higher frame rates of 50 in some areas now with DX12, I still get stutters and chugs in my performance due to CPU bottleneck. And this is reflected in the dev mode performance graphics. Making things LOOK smooth and consistent is not the same as making things smooth and consistent. Although it’s not surprising that people are buying into the marketing hype. People did the same with the 3090 and 2 years later are still complaining about stutters and poor performance in the sim despite their $2000 upgrade.

On a side note, people think the 4090 is huge. Wait till they launch the 5090. You’ll be plugging your computer into the GPU.

7 Likes

Do it! I came from a 3090, and i’m not exaggerating when i say its a HUGE difference. Now, I can actually enjoy flying properly and not having to worry about stutters and crashes.