40th Anniversary Edition Missions

It is listed in the known issues list for SU11.

I mapped a key combo to the “repair and refuel” function, then use the key combo at takeoff to fully fuel the aircraft.

2 Likes

This is a great post. Thank you.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Official Discussion] 40th Anniversary Edition Airports

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Official Discussion] 40th Anniversary Edition Airports

Works! Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

1 Like

same for me

Please refer to the known issues list. I posted it above but will do it again for convenience.

Question, please. Does anyone remember that white-knuckle scenario, I think it was called, “Oil Rig Rescue”? That was one of my favorites. I don’t see it in this latest update. Too bad. However, we still have lots of other new stuff to fly.

2 Likes

you do understand that them knowing about or listing a bug does not make it a none issue right?

thats twice you’ve posted a known issue like thats the solution to the post …
the problem is they have ‘known’ about many bugs, some from way back (my pet peeve is the possible total re install leaving the beta) - just because they know its there does not help the people it affects Untill they Do Something about it

hence these posts, they highlight what ‘bugs’ people the most (pun intended)

i for one am totally in agreement with the OP, these missions are a listed ‘feature’ now and should work correctly

3 Likes

On the contrary, my friend. These are definitely issues for everybody and my reference to them was not offered as a solution. I’ve personally encountered four different bugs in four different activities. I, too, wondered why I was experiencing oddities. Then I found the known issues list and it helped me to understand why I was experiencing these things.

It is unforutnate that the 40th aniversary missions were released with so many bugs. In my opinion it hurts the expereince, but at least I know which activites to avoid until fixes are released. I’m confident that MS / Asobo will correct these bugs given that they are indeed listed as known issues.

1 Like

Yes, I must say I am very disappointed by the so called “MSX style missions”.

While I am very much impressed by the inclusion of Gliders and Helicopters I was so looking forward to the missions and it has to be said they have been a real let down. In fact they are so poor I actually thought I had missed them or something.

I was expecting to hop in a Bell-407 and go an rescue a rhino in South Africa or something. While I acknowledge the FSX missions were somewhat “cringe” on occasion there is no doubt they were fun to fly and the challenge of completing them really did give a since of an achievement (in a way the “bush missions” totally fail to do). In fact, as it is, I actually find myself setting aside FS2020 and returning to good old FSX simply for the missions they had.

Call me an uncouth gamer if you like but honestly I find FS2020 completely with out direction and I was so looking forward to having the FSX style missions in this new sim but alas it is all but a huge disappointment: :cry:

4 Likes

¿MSX? ¿Did the MSX received a FS adaptation?

:laughing: Sorry, I couldn’t avoid it.

2 Likes

I have a question about glider tutorials, but I didn’t find any forums about it so this is the closest one.

The last glider tutorial is ridge soaring. It puts me at 1200 meters at start consistently. I noticed in other glider tutorial videos on YouTube, that everybody else starts at 6-700 meters. It feels the same height, but I can’t for the life of me get close enough to the ridge to get a proper score.

I seem to get the same with the landing challenges - I usually start higher and/or faster than the videos I see on YouTube.

How is this possible? What’s the solution?

Cheers.

Update: comparing the footage of YouTube videos and my practices, I’m about the same height, but in the videos, the variometer displays half of the altitude that I’m experiencing. This is still weird.

Update2: My starting altitude is 4000 feet, while the videos show ~2000 feet. What the hell…

Just tried this mission myself and it also missed the trigger for me. I was stuck flying 3000ft and heading 100 forever. Ended up just turning back to the airport and landing without clearance then it told me I’d completed the mission… Did anyone actually test these at all before release I wonder?

I just tried the A310 mission flying down the west coast of Italy.

My first issue with it was that the first nav point was not included in the nav log. I think it was an NDB but I had no idea where to go since the nav log didn’t have it so I didn’t know what to tune the radio to. Luckily just following the coast worked and I was able to get back on track flying to the following VOR.

The next issue was just before landing (about 100ft) my copilot said “we’re too far west - head east to get back on track”. I landed anyway and the mission completed.

I just tried the Monsoon mission into Changi. I spawned on the ground in some trees…

EDIT 1:
Attempt #2 I spawned in the air but the FMC was not working so I couldn’t tune the nav radio. I decided to continue and see what would happen…

It told me about 10 miles late that I was lined up and to turn in to the runway. I tracked back and lined up with the runway to descend but all of the following instructions made no sense. For example when I was 10ft off the runway I was told “we are off coarse to the right - correct left”.

I restarted to see if the FMC would work and started typing this message and although I have left MSFS on the “READY TO FLY” page all of the instructions and ATC comms are progressing even though I haven’t started yet…

EDIT 2:
I pressed ready to fly and I have started off at 35,000 ft and in a completely different situation to last time (autopilot is engaged but last time it wasn’t), and I started right over the runway rather than 20 miles out. I was just told to “set flaps 5” as if we are on approach :expressionless:

EDIT3:
Started again and was in the correct state (altitude and position correct, and cockpit state correct). I was immediately told “we are off coarse to the right - correct left” so it seems to be confused again though. My FMC is still not on so I will have to do the approach manually again rather than following the ILS…
I manually lines myself up and descended. This time I broke out of the clouds at 1500ft and there was no rain so the approach was easy. Last time the visibility even on the runway was about 30 meters which made the approach almost impossible. This time the last 5 miles I did visually no problem and landed easily (100fpm landing according to Gees) which made the “Brace yourself” and the emergency vehicles being rolled out seem a bit silly. It seems like there is no consistency with the weather.
Also this time I got an approach clearance and hand off to tower which I didn’t get last time even though I don’t think I did anything different this time.

I was really looking forward to the missions, but they’re lifeless for the most part.

No passengers waiting on the dock to be picked up, no boats in the harbor in Sitka… pretty disappointing altogether.

8 Likes

I remember.in fsx passing over.the cruise ship in the 172 and with the sunset it was awesome

3 Likes

Same! My first thought in the re-release was “Where’s the cruise ship?!? Where are all the bobbing masts of the little boats in the harbor???”

Was it my imagination, or during the Friday Harbor run, didn’t you actually SEE the passengers waiting on the dock? Wasn’t there some sort of “interaction” when they loaded / disembarked?

:confused:

2 Likes