//42 Campout | Thread

Being able to spawn anywhere in a cold and dark state is one of my biggest wishes for the game. Would be perfect for bush flying and amphibians.

4 Likes

Just bought Campout 2 days ago, first camp in Morocco near to Chefchaouen! :dromedary_camel: :scorpion: :palm_tree: :milky_way: :small_airplane:

1 Like

I use Sky Dolly to “save” my flight, by recording 3/5 seconds engine off, at least it did work, still have to test tomorrow but this is so far the only trick I found.

With msfs option saving a flight and reloading it next doesn’t work that good, it puts my bird far away from my spot camp!
Indeed it will be great to have a feature that could allow us to spawn back from where we slept the previous night and grab a black coffee around the fire before taking off! :wink:

I totally get you. For me it’s also kind of an immersion breaker that we can’t do this. But then I found AircraftState in fligtsim-to. This tool can save your position, fuel amount and other things. Then you can load these at a later time. And the best thing is it doesn’t send this to MSFS as a saved flight (with the disadvantage of losing the top menu bar) but sends the variables directly. You just have to spawn on any airport and then send the saved state via AircraftState. Best disable crash detection first, the spawn at the new location kind of just falls from the sky - as I had to discover the hard way :wink:

3 Likes

I just bought this add on and absolutely love it. Such a great idea. Do you have any more plans for it in the future? It would be great to have the option to add seem people in the scene.

1 Like

I just picked this up last night, more from curiosity than anything
it’s very cool!

I’m sure that I’m not the only one to try this, but I have been having fun in VR doing night landings after placing fire pits to mark the ‘runway’. It makes for some interesting approaches! :grimacing:

From a distance, the fires are quite hard to see, but once you get closer they are more than adequate to use as a reference. You can set up a runway like this in just a couple of minutes.

1 Like

I can thoroughly recommend Where Are My Aircraft by Lorby of Axis and Ohs fame but it’s still only a beta in MSFS form from its original FSX.

Please go to https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/584567-where-are-my-aircraft-wama-for-msfs2020/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-4883376 and convince the great Lorby to continue development.

I can land my plane, switch over to my little buggy and drive off into the surroundings to set camp for the night. Load back in, pack camp and drive back to my aircraft.

1st person mode in FS Realistic is the extra icing on the cake.

https://www.lorby-si.com/products.html

Some cool new things coming indeed! Get your snow boots ready :wink:

3 Likes

Great. Look forward to it.

I just picked this up today and it is worth every penny, especially for VR flyers.

I found a great spot up high in the blue ridge mountains, set up a campfire, turned off the plane and “walked” via drone camera around my site. Adjusted time for sunset and just chilled, and I mean well and truly chilled. I then stood up IRL and actually walked around my fire within my VR boundary, just taking in the scenery and sounds.

Whoever had the idea for this is a genius because there is something about the fire, the crackling and the wafting smoke that makes the entire (fairly static) environment feel real and alive. I stood there for probably 15 or 20 minutes just watching the waning light play with the mountains, lights coming on, some GA traffic in the distance and by then I was completely immersed, total suspension of disbelief.

I also picked up Hogsback Ranch and several nearby sites available from //42 and they are also wonderful in VR.

Keep 'em coming!

8 Likes

What a wonderful read! Thanks for enjoying the experience Campout was designed to provide.

We know it’s not an “everyone” utility, but everyone matters, so we wanted to build something for those that enjoy the world from a bit closer to the ground. Finding a magical spot in the world is how I spend lots of my working time. I set up a camp and just grind!

What’s missing, in your opinion?

The standard list of gear for camping is quite concise due to the nature of the adventure and limitations of getting to these spots, we’ve definitely covered most.

We need a flare gun. Sometimes you’re simply in trouble out there in the wilderness and need to call for help. But more importantly, I just want to watch the flare slowly descend and light up the scenery :slight_smile:

1 Like

How about a canoe or kayak? Keeping a float plane anchored in the water, especially the Beaver (that comes with a canoe), begs the question - how did you get all your camping gear from the plane to the campsite? I think a canoe, some paddles and maybe PFDs would fit right in.

5 Likes

Guitar or ukulele? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am considering purchasing this mod, but the multiplayer aspect isn’t really as user-friendly as we would like it. Not sure there is a way, but you should create a system that lets software users save and share synced setups online. So the users share their online presence with whomever they choose, and the other users just sync to that setup. That way each user can share in the creation and pickup. It would be more on an online group access idea. Anyway, the software looks like a great addon.

2 Likes

I like this idea a LOT!

1 Like

Dogs, coming. Parallel 42 - Meet Wilga, one of 17 popular dog breeds... | Facebook

3 Likes

Bought this on Xbox - really like it, smart concept.
Good variety of content, as a dog owner (think our dog sees it the other way round) it was fab to see so many breeds including our own! 
now if I could just giver her black fur
 :thinking::grin:

Hadn’t realised at first that you can build more than one camp, so it was cool to start a flight by chance and see my older camp still there. This of course means you can travel from one to the other.

Such is the nature of the beast I guess that people always want more. Personally I thought it was seriously comprehensive with more stuff than I’d have thought of.

And then someone mentioned a canoe! :thinking::wink: +1 for canoe if there’s some way to make it float! Upturned on log supports on ground? Floating on water?

Plus: I too changed the time to dark and watch the various effects of the fire glow and lanterns light, I also changed the wind and was super pleased to see the smoke change with wind direction and speed!

3 Likes

Bought the camp out on Xbox, it doesn’t seem to want to populate some of the items when I place them (like the tent or folding chairs or fireplace), but when I place the table or canopy or dogs, they all seem to work. Is this a matter of reinstalling? Or am I doing something wrong? Is this a known glitch on Xbox? Anybody else experiencing this?