//42 Campout | Thread

We’ll make sure to blast the news everywhere we can, including here!

I just had a quick campout in Oregon and since sim update 10,I’m seeing wireframe squares emanating from the fire.Perhaps an update is called for…

Please open a ticket at https://help.parallel42.com/

We’re look at this issue right now.
Seems to be one more issue on the Microsoft publishing side.

I hope you’ll entertain a curious question for me. Personally, this addon isn’t necessarily in my wheelhouse.

However, if you have the basic framework to show objects in a UI and then place/save them anywhere on terrain, the world is your oyster.

For example, an addon that lets you place objects around an airport or cityscape. I know the SDK can do all this, but having something point and click would enable customization for a wider audience.

Like planes at an airport, picnic viewing area near an airport, hot air balloons, boats/docks, generic buildings, cabins, parked cars. Could even be something to mod default autogen airports.

There are quite a few limitations in MSFS that prevents us from expanding it to a full-scale scenery editor right now but we keep trying to find solutions for that.

We have big plans for the future of this tech!

4 Likes

Smoke is now working from the canister and the camp fire. Cough! Cough!

2 Likes

MODERATOR EDIT:
Very nice addon for the MSFS!
Now I unfortunately have no open fire from the campfire. It just smokes. Do I have to set something extra?
Have the marketplace version.

Lg

Sehr schönes Addon für den MSFS!
Nun habe ich leider kein offenes Feuer vom Lagerfeuer. Es qualmt nur. Muss ich da was extra einstellen?
Habe die Marktplatz Version.

Lg

You all are on to something really big here with this sort attachable/detachable 3d object freedom.:beers:

Make sure the option is enabled for the campfire. Adjust the time to night. There is a nice glow from the campfire!

MODERATOR EDIT:
I did everything like that. But still, there is no flame to be seen at the fire. There is only an orange light to be seen. Unfortunately.

Habe ich alles so gemacht. Aber trotzdem ist keine Flamme beim Feuer zu sehen. Es ist nur ein orangenes Licht zu sehen. Leider.

New update - UPDATE: Campout Utility Receives New Items, Including Aircraft & More! | by Parallel 42 | Oct, 2022 | Medium

4 Likes

🛩️UPDATE: Campout Utility Receives New Items, Including Aircraft & More!

READ MORE: UPDATE: Campout Utility Receives New Items, Including Aircraft & More! | by Parallel 42 | Oct, 2022 | Medium

CHANGELOG

NEW

• Button for color randomization when placing objects.
  • A collection of new placeable objects!
  • Select default sim aircraft now pleaceable
  • Outcamp Folding Table w/options
  • Outcamp Canopy w/options
  • Outcamp Sleeping Bags
  • Outcamp Hammocks
  • Vinzenz Jerry Cans
  • Home Peepot Bucket
  • Lux TP Rolls
  • Faux King Bear Rug

IMPROVED

• Optimized speed of worldwide object checks on UI load
  • Eco Credits increased to 300 thanks to new optimizations
  • Increased Proximity Ring size for better experience packing/unpacking
  • Various UI tweaks

FIXED

• Resizing fix for some (4K) users
  • Fixed possible WASM timeout issue w/object properties
1 Like

Thanks for the extras.

2 Likes

Hey I’m really interested this whole general concept; but I have yet to buy it. Could anyone tell me if you can load a new flight from your saved campsites?

2 Likes

Lol was just here to ask the same thing. Would be really key for me to be able to land. Set up camp and log off and then be able to spawn back in at camp the next day.

Would like to know that

Nah you can’t do that, don’t think it’s even possible with the SDK unfortunately. You could try saving the flight after you’ve shut your plane down though and then reload later on. Dunno if that’ll work as I never use the save system but I don’t see why it shouldn’t work.

The sim’s load/save flight functionality is really quirky but it’s the only way to make this work right now.

1 Like

Why did they put the tent and chairs up on the ceiling?

1 Like

Love this addon and hope you guys keep adding stuff to it. I would love to see some more general items for cold flying and perhaps even that new balloon. Also integration into Skypark or something for some more unique items might be cool. Maybe even some twitch drops or something we could factor in to some event would be cool. Sky is the limit here and I just love this addon! Fly safe!

PS clever use of instancing here :sunglasses:
Oh ya need some air mattresses for my Goose maybe an innertube. Possibly a picnic basket and blanket lol. More beer flats never hurt. Some arctic rated camping gear for Mt Cook Glacier nights too please.

1 Like

I ended up buying it anyways. It’s nice, I like it. Hopefully some day MSFS allows you to spawn anywhere and that will make the app functionality even better; especially when breaking down a long trip down the Andes or through Australia or something go along that line.

1 Like