//42 Campout | Thread

Looks like you’ll have to camp there for a bit longer :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m sure it’ll buff out

3 Likes

Based on the Orbx site, object packs are coming soon.

Price will adjust to US$29.99 upon release of the first themed object pack(s)

1 Like

About the multiplayer.
If player A builds a camp.
Does Player B has to import the camp to see it, or if he has the utility, he will see it even if he doesn’t import it?

The user has to import the camp from the other user. Sadly MSFS doesn’t currently allow us to build full multiplayer capability

1 Like

Thank you for your answer.

Asobo approved the Campout for marketplace.

1 Like

I really like the concept and want to buy it, but when I am informed well the scene is only going to stay there for 7 days and you have to revisid it in this period otherwise it will be removed.

Is that the case?

I would really want the scene to stay…so i can visit it later and don’t have to return to every scene within 7 days.

1 Like

It’s camping scenery. The whole point of camping is, that it’s temporary.

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying camping. My favorite location is at KTNT when I fly in with the A320.

My only issue is that the font used is too small at 4k and cannot be increased. I have to use a magnifying glass to read anything.

8 Likes

You can save those as sets and re-deploy them whenever you want.

We have a fix coming for that.
Thank you for your patience!

1 Like

Hi, I did not read everthing from the begining but I did not read about my issue:
I can not get any smoke out of the canister. Did I miss anything?
Thnaks for your reply
Pascal

Please open a ticket https://help.parallel42.com/

Okidoki, Thanks for your reply.
Pascal

If you’re a frequent bush flyer what //42 have given us here is so fabulous I can’t conjure the words to appropriately level enough praise for this product. It’s simply fabulous. And it works just as flawlessly well in VR as it does on a flat screen.

One tip for new users that I learned the hard way. It’s not a flaw in the program, and to be sure I do like the way it works. Just remember….

Once you’ve spent a great deal of time creating every tiny detail in your camp, unless you want that camp to remain at its last deployed location, ALWAYS PACK YOUR CAMP BACK UP BEFORE LEAVING THE SIMULATOR. This way it will be IN YOUR AIRCRAFT the next time you boot the sim. Otherwise, you’ll have to return to its deployed location to pack it up and take it with you to somewhere else.

I learned this the hard way by camping in the Mohave desert at a random location that looked like a nice camping spot from the air but that I hadn’t taken the time to refence or remember on the map. I then left the simulator with the camp still deployed, and upon my next boot realized that my meticulously rendered camp was still sitting somewhere in the Mohave desert at a location I couldn’t remember how to get back to. I slewed around an area I thought might be it to no avail, so ended up wiping all camps and rendering the campsite from scratch again. No biggie though, it was easy enough to do.

So basically, if you don’t want to “lose” your carefully rendered camp, either ALWAYS REMEMBER THE LOCATION where you last camped (so you can go back there and pack it up), or simply pack your camp back into the plane BEFORE leaving the sim so it’s ready to deploy at your next boot.

Again, I just can’t heap enough praise on the //42 devs for this fabulous addon. It greatly enhances the immersion and enjoyment of bush exploration.

7 Likes

A few more screenshots from my recent campouts. I play exclusively in VR… so with the crackling of the campfire, the lazily wafting smoke, and the occasional night bird or a distant coyote call from MSFS’s excellent “wilderness night sounds” the atmosphere is simply mesmerizing. I’m there!

7 Likes

For those of you like me waiting for this add on to be available on the XBOX platform, thought you might like to see what items comes with it as attached picture

4 Likes

When anybody discovers that the //42 Campout is available for purchase on the XBOX MSFS Market Place, could they please post information of same on this Thread.

1 Like

They are waiting on WASM so no earlier than SU11.