6+Hour Long Haul Flights, No Issues in SU6?

I’ve been wanting to “cross the pond” in some long haul flights again, but the last time I did that was in SU4. SU5 kept crashing on me either close in range, or on approach (I sort of solved my own issues but it was still hit or miss). So has anyone done it in SU6 without any issues? What did you fly, 747, 787 or any other long haul plane? I’ve done some 2 1/2Hr flights and all seems pretty stable.

I’ve been having a VERY sharp performance drop after 2,5 hours, getting really bad after 4, dropping to about 200ms on manipulators (around 5fps)

Tbh i’ve seen reports of this issue for over a year, and we still don’t know what causes it

1 Like

Sim Update 6 not out yet.

A popular MSFS youtube channel recently posted a 15hr flight in the 747, using salty-mod, and with no apparent problems.

I have not yet tried a LH flight with latest update, but will try it soon I hope.

Over on the ‘after playing a few hours, fps drops from 40 to 5fps’ thread some folks reported that turning AI Traffic off and back on helped restore frame rate to normal levels.

Personally I’ve seen a fps slowdown only once, on a ~2-hour airliner flight in the A32NX (FBW mod), and I don’t use AI traffic (I use live traffic) and didn’t try flipping any configs (as I was able to land successfully at ~20fps and ended the flight there). But I mostly fly small GA planes on shorter flights.

The longest flight : PANC-VHHH with the stock B787 Dreamliner. 10+ hours flight time with no issues.

Much appreciated on your responses, looks like I’ll be good to go crossing. Thanks again guys :+1:

1 Like

me too, Asobo has to fix it.

Weel I’ve seen this reported and had it for almost a year and I never seem Asobo even acknowledge the issue so… don’t hold your breath

I don’t normally do 2.5+ hour flights, but on the rare occurrence I do I’ve noticed issues. Mostly FPS starts to drop, and then later a CTD or other odd issue. I haven’t tried on the recent update, but maybe I should give it a shot one of these days. I’m assuming it’s some sort of memory leak.

1 Like

I would say that since the most recent World Update, after about 1.5 hours of flying VFR in GA aircraft with an altitude between 2,000 and 8,000 ft ASL, the draw distance falls apart (not drawing anything beyond about 5 to 10 miles) and in mountainous terrain, the terrain begins to have serious redrawing issues. My best guess is that it revolves around memory caching not properly refreshing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.